Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Everbloom CM skips patched

So after 6.1 came out i decided to do random heroic for new heirloom quest and got everbloom. During the run i have found that all the skips have been fixed mostly, you can no longer get up and glider down to first boss like before nor can you skip straight to 2nd boss(or 3rd boss if your group chose to do archmage first) after killing Witherbark. not only does doing this make this CM a lot harder but it will make realm best times for this dungeon pretty much belong to its current holders.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ridiculous.

so after some testing you can get by the invisible wall thats placed on the skip after 1st boss, so it is still there, so my whole post has kinda been for nothing lol, first one is still fixed but there was always 2 ways up anyways(now only 1), only thing that gets on my nerves is that they did try to make it so we couldn't use it without adding more time at least for the gold medal
    Last edited by Kylusen; 2015-02-24 at 10:14 PM.

Deleted
    Removing CM bugs/exploits of the instance that everyone uses really bothers me. Did anyone complain about them? I doubt it. What about amazing Everbloom times that are now unbeatable? Doing a CM earlier than someone else shouldn't mean you A) get an easier time limit or B) have your realm best time essentially locked in for a while.

i understand the points about easier time limit, i still hate how they did "try" to fix the skip in the first place, there is a way behind the invisible wall if you are able to wall jump by the roots all the way on leftside of wall(or heroic leap with passenger mount )

so what got fixed exactly when you first enter everbloom there is a shortcut straight up as u enter and one slightly to the left.. for what i understood from ur post the one on the left is still working isn't it?
    and what about the shortcut after first boss the one to second/third boss, can i still heroic leap over the mountain and get people up with my thudra mammoth or i need to go another path?
    Last edited by Deliverer; 2015-02-24 at 10:31 PM.

It's ridiculous they "fix" these things AFTER records get set. They really need to engage their fucking brain when it comes to CMs. If they make drastic changes like this then RESET THE LADDER.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Did you try it in a CM? Or just in the heroic dungeon where you found it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    so what got fixed exactly when you first enter everbloom there is a shortcut straight up as u enter and one slightly to the left.. for what i understood from ur post the one on the left is still working isn't it?
    and what about the shortcut after first boss the one to second/third boss, can i still heroic leap over the mountain and get people up with my thudra mammoth or i need to go another path?
    sorry for late reply, the first skip on the left does NOT work, the one directly in front still works if you are good at wall jumping, the one after first boss you can still heroic leap but you have to be in a specific spot to get around the invisible wall that is in place.

and yes i went back into challenge mode to see if changes were made there as well after i saw on heroic and they are there

thx for the reply anyway i think fixing this kind of stuff now is just stupid and pointless.. sad thing everbloom is the last cm i need so i hope it won't make it harder than it used to be because we almost 2 shotted last time but people had to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the information, good thing my monk finished Everbloom Gold, and just missing Auchindoun and UBRS.
    It's a shame because this means we'll have to be creative in other ways on our 3rd set of toons for CM Gold runs. Even bigger shame that the CM ladder didn't get reset because those skips were very time-changing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly want them to fix these shortcuts. On dungeon runs for my alts people will spend 5+ minutes trying to jump that wall while I stand there dumbfounded that they think they're saving time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrro View Post
    I honestly want them to fix these shortcuts. On dungeon runs for my alts people will spend 5+ minutes trying to jump that wall while I stand there dumbfounded that they think they're saving time.
    That's when I pull out my Grand Black War Mammoth and provide a taxi service up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It's ridiculous they "fix" these things AFTER records get set. They really need to engage their fucking brain when it comes to CMs. If they make drastic changes like this then RESET THE LADDER.
    What confuses me the most is they intentionally held off fixing a lot of large bugs in MoP dungeons specifically to not upset CM rankings then they do this shit in WoD...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrro View Post
    I also fail to see the point in spending 5 minutes climbing a wall to skip a 1 minute trash kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    What confuses me the most is they intentionally held off fixing a lot of large bugs in MoP dungeons specifically to not upset CM rankings then they do this shit in WoD...
    Maybe it is because they realize that fixing bugs/exploits is more important than worrying about a few whiny players and their stupid ranking epeen ladder, so this time around, they fix the bugs and say 'who cares about the whiners?' as they rightfully should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    I also fail to see the point in spending 5 minutes climbing a wall to skip a 1 minute trash kill.
    Might not be related to THIS dungeon, but I also love it when tanks try to skip trash packs in non-CM dungeons that wind up aggroing from behind and wiping the group because the healer got munched on because one person was a hair too far to the one side and body pulled the mobs that the tank tried to skip, when they could have just killed the crap that'd take all of 30 seconds to kill.

It is even MORE LOL-worthy when it is NOT a level cap dungeon... they're literally skipping the whole reason they are there: XP. Protip: you get way more XP from trash kills than you do the bosses or the end-of-dungeon reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Protip: you get way more XP from trash kills than you do the bosses or the end-of-dungeon reward.
    Protip: you get way more XP from finishing successive dungeons and accruing multiple end-of-dungeon rewards than you do from mindlessly grinding trash.

Your argument is predicated on the idea that the queue takes time. As a tank, it doesn't, therefore while leveling it is far more efficient to multiple quick dungeons skipping trash than it is to do one long dungeon clearing everything.

The skip straight ahead from the entrance still works.

Deleted
    Why don't they just 'encase' the whole dungeons in invisible walls if that's what they want them to be like. Or at least the parts where it's fucking obvious people are gonna walljump.
    Makes me wonder if they'll fix the beginning of Skyreach as well. Everbloom takes a bit of skill/luck/nerves during the run. Skyreach is just setup, cheese and pre-preparation.

So odd.

/edit: just read above post. My post is based on the OP being right. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Deleted
    A fix after people already did records with it. Thats the way to do it. Great job. X: