6 heals on mythic beastlord?

Currently we have 5 heals on mythic beastlord, and ppl tend to die easily during the last phrase. Should we go 6 heals on this boss? Have seem some guilds success with 6 heals.

Really? We like the "Less is more" healing model, especially now that overhealing is creeping back into the issue.
    The more damage you have, the easier the fight generally is, and even though it seems like healing can correct the issue, it means every damage dealer needs to do that much more.

But of course its an option. It totally depends on your group, not facts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

We just downed Mythic Beastlord last night. Throughout progression we started with 5 healing, and then bumped to 6 because we had the same thoughts as you. Last night we had a healer DC, so we replaced him with a DPS not really thinking about it. We ended up killing the boss because of a change of strategy in positioning once he jumps off Faultline. Fight is completely five healable, a 6 healer isn't needed, all it does is extend the last phase due to losing a DPS and the only reason it's there is to help make up for mistakes. Play cleaner and you won't need them.

No harm in trying, as long as you have tried 5 with a proper CD rotation first

Up to you, this fight is definitely not a dps race though, it's all about the last phase... 6 healing can definitely help with that.

We used 6 healers for our first kill and 5 healers for our 2nd and 3rd kill.
    There really is nothing wrong with using 6 healers for that fight so just go for it.

Deleted
    Used 5 healers for our kill last week, our problem was the last phase lasting too long, after our Raiders started focusing more on single target with only passive AoE/Fire Nova/Starfall for the Pack Beasts/Spears we managed to kill him in sub 9 mins and the last phase was incredibly quick.

Make sure people aren't taking unnecessary damage from Rend & Tear, standing in Fire etc. The Raid damage in that phase is nasty and can get overwhelming very quickly. Also, if your dps is high enough you shouldn't have to worry about the 3rd tantrum, so assign 1-2 cds for the first one and then blow everything for the 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your raid is good at positioning to keep rend & tear damage to a minimum and avoiding the flame breaths then 5-healing is fine and make the fight faster. Obviously dps matters in the last phase, but despite how hectic it is, the last phase is not an intense dps race, so 6-healing can make it much simpler - that's what we did.

Deleted
    I dont really see a point in arguing "play cleaner then you will need less healers". I mean people arent asking if its thereticly doable with 5 or 4 or 3 healers. They want to know which way is the easiest, which way they can down the boss with as less trys as possible. Since the enrage ist no problem at all, i d prefer to play it witch as much healers as possible. I would even go for 7 as a raidlead (or 6 + 3 tanks). In the last phase you simply have 2 softenrage mechanics, space is getting low (but thats no problem at all if you place the voids smart) and the fact that the raiddmg ist going to wreck you at some point when you run out of cds / mana.

Well i think 1 more healer does add way more time to the duration ur able to outheal the last phase, then 1 more dps will bring the boss down earlier.

Deleted
    On our first session on mythic Beastlord, we did very badly in the last phase. I noticed that we were surviving well over the time that most other guilds needed to get the actual kill but, apart from an almost 0% wipe, we were often not getting that close. Looking at the logs, it turned out that lots of people were using AoE abilities and had taken AoE talents over very powerful single target ones. Once we decided that the fight was essentially a single target fight, we were able to kill it.

The pack beasts are simply a distraction and, beyond boosting your personal ranks, you only harm your chances of a kill by actively AoEing them down. There's nothing at all wrong with this if you can also kick out the single target dps needed on the boss and mounts, and many guilds are fine. But where that end phase is an issue, you need to insist that people only single target the boss. You may then find that the fight is over before you run into your healing issues.

We took a slightly different path, and used 3 tanks instead of 6 healers. It really cleans up the last phase a lot, when the two normal tanks are dealing with a lot of mechanics together, and kept the adds controlled and off healers. Made all the difference in the world, for us anyway.

If you want to you can but more than likely people are screwing rend and tears up and if that last phase gets dragged on for a while, the damage buff the boss gains over time (from faultline's ability) will start to wreck face and so going 6 heals can really screw things up. TO be fair though its not the damage buff that will kill you. People will start taking ticks of epicenter, more people will be hit by breath, 2 ranged and 2 melee will suddenly be hit by rend and tear. Its a combination of these things and the damage buff that will get you if you screw around too much in the final phase. I would not recommend it because of that reason (that last phase will go on for 2.25-2.5 minutes probably if you 6 heal which is too long) but it probably can still work.

The only reason I worry about your group 6 healing is you say you "die easily" with 5. Well, whats going on? What is the cause of the deaths? If you are really easily dying in the last phase then adding 1 healer.... probably won't be the solution to everything.

Make sure your raid understands the importance of single target cds on the boss. Depending on how good or bad your dps is, this is what we did

3 minutes at start
    3 minutes on wolf (2nd animal) sub 40%
    Save 3 minutes until last phase (which was 8-8:30 always for us and because the boss does nothing for the first ~minute of the last phase, that is where your big burst). If you used 3 minutes at some point in the middle you will have to wait until ~9 minutes (which TO BE FAIR your guild might actually be at if your dps isn't the same as ours which is totally possible) and lust will be over and the boss will start getting his damage buff / people will die.

Again that is all dependent on your raid DPS and when you actually push last phase.

do you have logs you can share?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 4 1/2 heal it. (you'll see what I mean by the logs)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...CK7mD#fight=13

The lowest healer is actually our shadow priest that we made go healer for this fight since we had 1 normal healer post AFK. To be honest there is like no damage until the very last phase. If you're raid has good situational awareness you could probably even 4 heal (I think we're trying next week)

This log was 2 kills ago I think and since we've been running 5 heals but all the healers say there is nothing to do until the last phase.