Thread: Spider-Gwyn

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when there are comics i havent read i dont go into a thread about them and try to argue with people about them. you cant blame other people for you getting almost half a years old information wrong.

if you went into a wow thread and started bitching about how you dont know which specalization to choose for your garrison building everybody would laugh at you because garrison buildings havent had specalizations since alpha.

you dont try to talk smack about shit you are ignorant about. you just have a bruised ego because you were wrong
    Haha, riiiight, SO bruised. See, when people say comic fans are anti-social, this is the kind of shit leading them to that conclusion. It was an honest mistake considering that title is right on the comic and it was an assumption that was further enforced by no one actually saying anything about it. I'm tempted to believe you didn't even know considering your convenient lack of mentioning it for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

and what does that have to do with anything?
    ....It's the entire argument I was making. Seriously, reading comprehension. Slow down, read the words, understand them. Take your time, you're obviously just picking out random things rather than forming a cogent response.

or you just dont have the mental capacity to see why a woman would see it sexist that spider-man started out as a man but gwen has to start out as a girl.

why is peter automatically a man and not a boy? gwen is no ones sidekick, shes no ones next in line, shes no ones copy cat.
    I find it sexist that you're comparing her to a man to define her worth to begin with. If she's independent, spider-man's nomenclature is irrelevant. Or is she simply a character that exists within a man's shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    or you could just read some comics, i mean either way at least do some quick google searchs before making a ass of yourself :^)
    "Read some comics". Do you know how many comics Marvel alone has in their history? The chances that I would have read this specific comic series out of all the comics in history is extremely low. And sure, I could have done a Google search. You also could have been a decent human being and simply corrected the mistake in a friendly manner since, again, it's a fairly simple mistake to make. But nope, instead you immediately attack someone for not having your apparently encyclopedic knowledge of comic history and then whine that not everyone knows as much as you. The whole 'anti-social comic reader' thing I mentioned above? Same applies here. You are basically playing into your stereotype.

- - - Updated - - -

stop making up excuses for you being ignorant. someone else being ignorant about something doesnt make your ignorance any better
    All humans are ignorant. Stop acting like you're any better than someone else by calling them ignorant. All I did was make a casual comment about something in a general forum, stop treating it like it's a fucking panel at comic-con.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Haha, riiiight, SO bruised. See, when people say comic fans are anti-social, this is the kind of shit leading them to that conclusion. It was an honest mistake considering that title is right on the comic and it was an assumption that was further enforced by no one actually saying anything about it. I'm tempted to believe you didn't even know considering your convenient lack of mentioning it for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

....It's the entire argument I was making. Seriously, reading comprehension. Slow down, read the words, understand them. Take your time, you're obviously just picking out random things rather than forming a cogent response.
    what are you talking about convenient lack of mentioning for so long? ive been talking about spider-verse since my first post in this fucking thread

her original one shot comic had j jonah jameson calling spider-woman a menace came out months ago.

people dont call her spider-woman on the internet because the OFFICIAL spider-woman is jessica drew.

that would be like me just calling miles morales spider-man. if i just say "hey spider-man is cool" theyre gonna assume im talking about peter or some other spider-man if i say "hey spider-womans latest comic was awesome" they arent going to think of spider-gwen theyre gonna think of this lady

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

what are you talking about convenient lack of mentioning for so long? ive been talking about spider-verse since my first post in this fucking thread

her original one shot comic had j jonah jameson calling spider-woman a menace came out months ago.

people dont call her spider-woman on the internet because the OFFICIAL spider-woman is jessica drew.

that would be like me just calling miles morales spider-man. if i just say "hey spider-man is cool" theyre gonna assume im talking about peter or some other spider-man if i say "hey spider-womans latest comic was awesome" they arent going to think of spider-gwen theyre gonna think of this lady

Sounds like piss-poor branding to me then. Maybe this is the problem with having several concurrent copies of the same superhero instead of coming up with different heroes or at least different names. Not even picking on Marvel here. I may be a DC lover but DC does the same shit.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2015-02-28 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like piss-poor branding to me then. Maybe this is the problem with having several concurrent copies of the same superhero instead of coming up with different heroes or at least different names.
    It is shitty branding, but it's been shitty branding for a long time. The Batman shit runs into the same problem really. Every other character is attached to the original name. Make a new name. A new name doesn't mean you gotta ditch the spider powers. They could even go the easy route and use spider names rather than just "Spider-Gender."

Sounds like piss-poor branding to me then. Maybe this is the problem with having several concurrent copies of the same superhero instead of coming up with different heroes or at least different names.
    they arent copies of the same hero. the original spider-woman has nothing to do with spider-man

- - - Updated - - -

and they do come up with new names, like silk, who was bit by the same spider that bit peter

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

they arent copies of the same hero. the original spider-woman has nothing to do with spider-man
    No but there are several version of Spider-Man and several versions of Spider-Woman (and, judging from you saying there's a 'current' Spider-Woman that leads me to believe that both the original and this Gwen version are being printed at about the same time). That gets really confusing when trying to have a discussion unless you choose to go with their actual names or a pseudonym and that's what started this whole misunderstanding in the first place.

theres no reason for gwen to come up with a new name either, shes the spider-man of her universe. just because she lives in the 616 universe now doesnt mean she should have to change her name

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did she have to be bit by the same spider?

No but there are several version of Spider-Man and several versions of Spider-Woman (and, judging from you saying there's a 'current' Spider-Woman that leads me to believe that both the original and this Gwen version are being printed at about the same time). That gets really confusing when trying to have a discussion unless you choose to go with their actual names or a pseudonym and that's what started this whole misunderstanding in the first place.
    nobody gets confused online because everyone calls gwen spider-gwen just like how nobody gets miles morales and peter parker confused, or original peter and doc ocks mental controlling of peter parkers body.

miles is miles
    gwen is spider-gwen
    doc ock is superior spidey
    peter is peter
    ultimate peter is ultimate peter
    o'hara is 2099
    ben reily is the first scarlet spider
    kaine parker is the 2nd/current scarlet spider
    jessica drew is spider-woman

ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You're ignoring my complaints about bad art and design. You keep focusing in on the practicality when really I wanted to know what the purpose of the hood was besides being the artist's fetish.
    Yeah, it's a good thing none of your favorite characters wear any sort of hood I guess.

theres no reason for gwen to come up with a new name either, shes the spider-man of her universe. just because she lives in the 616 universe now doesnt mean she should have to change her name
    I'm not recommending different names for the sake story but for the sake of saving people a lot of confusion. Sure, maybe it makes more sense in the story for her to just be Spider-Woman but eventually it's just going to get so muddy and confusing for people to try and remember every event from every version of a hero. Hell, you guys tell me I should read the comics, I'm not sure I could keep up with all the information at this point unless I stuck to one character (and if I stuck to one character it would be Batman anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Why did she have to be bit by the same spider?
    to try and give her a plot boost for her introduction. most people are meh about silk. she was introduced just a little bit before spider-verse and got overshadowed by gwen

nobody gets confused online because everyone calls gwen spider-gwen just like how nobody gets miles morales and peter parker confused, or original peter and doc ocks mental controlling of peter parkers body.

miles is miles
    gwen is spider-gwen
    doc ock is superior spidey
    peter is peter
    ultimate peter is ultimate peter
    o'hara is 2099
    ben reily is the first scarlet spider
    kaine parker is the 2nd/current scarlet spider
    jessica drew is spider-woman

ect ect
    And you don't think that eventually that's going to be an overwhelming amount of knowledge/information to keep track of? And some of those characters serve several roles (Doc Oc as a villain, Peter and Gwen as the boyfriend/girlfriend in the alternates, etc). It just seems like a bad way to have your lore arranged in my opinion.

And you don't think that eventually that's going to be an overwhelming amount of knowledge/information to keep track of? And some of those characters serve several roles (Doc Oc as a villain, Peter and Gwen as the boyfriend/girlfriend in the alternates, etc). It just seems like a bad way to have your lore arranged in my opinion.
    no, if someone was talking about damian waynes robin or dick graysons batman i wouldnt get confused id just google and find out that damian wayne is the current robin and dick grayson before the new 52 was batman

no, if someone was talking about damian waynes robin or dick graysons batman i wouldnt get confused id just google and find out that damian wayne is the current robin and dick grayson before the new 52 was batman
    Eh, it's just not that easy to me. Hell, I love Batman as a character and many of the villains, I've read up on them and I still can't keep it all straight all the time. Maybe it's because I just don't have an attachment to the comics so I don't care enough about them but I just don't see it as all that simple to keep track of.

Eh, it's just not that easy to me. Hell, I love Batman as a character and many of the villains, I've read up on them and I still can't keep it all straight all the time. Maybe it's because I just don't have an attachment to the comics so I don't care enough about them but I just don't see it as all that simple to keep track of.
    dc has it worse then marvel, they reboot their entire universe like every couple years because they dont know how to keep things straight.

damian wayne is the best robin. you should read his comics, hes like a male hit girl

dc has it worse then marvel, they reboot their entire universe like every couple years because they dont know how to keep things straight.

damian wayne is the best robin. you should read his comics, hes like a male hit girl

I would love to read the comics but I honestly have no idea where to start. It all seems so complicated now, I feel like if I pick it up at the wrong place I'll miss out on some vital information lol. And yeah, it just seems like that's what comics do nowadays, it's either several parallel universes or they completely scrap the canon of the first universe and build a second. I know they do it to keep things fresh but I get lost haha.

I would love to read the comics but I honestly have no idea where to start. It all seems so complicated now, I feel like if I pick it up at the wrong place I'll miss out on some vital information lol. And yeah, it just seems like that's what comics do nowadays, it's either several parallel universes or they completely scrap the canon of the first universe and build a second. I know they do it to keep things fresh but I get lost haha.
    if you want to start reading marvel comics you should get marvel unlimited. for 9.99 a month (or 60 a year) you can read basically any comic marvels ever made with the exception that new releases arent put on the site until 6 months after release date (which doesnt really matter if you havent read comics in a long time because you will still be getting new comics to read all the time)

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited