Help with Disc please! :)

Note: Posted through me by proxy since this website is blocked from Sanxtuary's workplace.

Maybe we can fix my play style for disc. I know I am playing wrong not having enough Penance and AA up time along with too much POH I think but maybe I missed something bigger or glyph or gemmed wrong I don’t know. I think I might do a lot of LFR’s this weekend and try and learn Holy....

I need some help

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nxtuary/simple

Latest Gruul kill as a baseline:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Jc7rRP#fight=9

The rotation changes but basically I use 90 lvl talent on cool down, Spam Pw:S on people, use Penance as mid-range heal. Smite a few times and pop wings to crit heal either with PoH or a Flash Heal and use POM when I can. My level 100 Talent is WoM most of time but, I use CoW on Hans and Frans and other fights just depends on how our other healers are playing.

I don’t think I am under preforming to the other disc I think I am under preforming as a whole or on par with other priest at my current item level IE: Warcraft Logs Ranking Percent

I am getting a lot of complaints that I should be topping the meters as disc and I do sometimes but the meter judging has gotten a little worse just wanted to find out how to improve as whole not just on the meters. Our raid runs two disc priest and I know having two disc priest in one raid is not ideal and that is hurting me some but I am almost always a close number 2 on the meters. I know you can’t judge healing on the meters it’s not like dps. So any help on what I am doing wrong or can improve on would be great.

I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2015-02-28 at 03:35 AM.

your links dont work

if your raid is running 2 disc priests that is probably the sole reason you think you may be underperforming if youre doing everything else right. it basically cuts your healing in half. one of you should go holy.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    your links dont work

if your raid is running 2 disc priests that is probably the sole reason you think you may be underperforming if youre doing everything else right. it basically cuts your healing in half. one of you should go holy.
    Sorry about that, thx for reply. Updated links.

Deleted
    Another disc will hurt you if you don´t make assignments and have good communication. If you have one go CoW and focus on tanks and assign groups to each disc it will be alot easier. Else you are just fighting for shields and if his shields absorb the incoming damage first then yours might not do much, meaning you will do less healing.

Generally 2 disc can work but sometimes its better to just have one go holy.

Other then that when you say you "spam pw:s on people" make sure you do it before damage is about to hit or durning high aoe. Just blindly shielding people isn´t going to do much, if that is what you meant. Like Gruul you can shield the groups before the inferno slices hit after you build your AA and use PoH crit on them. Its hard to tell from the logs but i think thats what u (and the other disc) might have missed out on, as its a great fights for disc (not for 2 disc tho) and one of you should at least be high on meters cause of this.

You should use less Flash heals, basically use them if people are going to die if you don´t use FH, else its better to use your EAA on PoH. It will hurt your mana too. Dont hard cast PoM unless its before pull.

You are also gemming crit, should be Mastery

Edit: Also looked at your other disc and hes performing alot less. Barely using AA (didnt use it at all on Beastlord) but still using PoH alot without the buff. He also uses Glyph of Pw:s wich is bad. If one should go holy, maybe it should be him instead.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2015-02-28 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    With two disc priests on the likes of gruul it's very easy to organize who shields which group to the point where there shouldn't be any overlap but from what I can see you both tried shielding any and all players which is highly ineffective and disheartening to the priest that loses out on timing.

AA PoH usage from both discs was also low, in the case of Gruul you should be casting AA + PoH on timer just before the swipe when possible with time to either pre cast shields before or after the PoH cast, the absorb component of PoH+AA should not be over looked on fights with large aoe that is predictable and instant.

This one is more of a raid leader issue but both where also placed into the same group on one side of the boss although range may not be an issue its best if in the case of two disc priest to have one in each group.

All in all though the major issues are that you are both competing with PW:S which needs to be resolved or the two disc setup will never work, and you both should try using AA+PoH as part of your pre-shielding rotation, you can cast PoH when ever you like without AA active but to use up the 100% crit after damage is done is equal to shielding after damage it nets you only some minor healing unless the next hit comes in before the absorb fades this is also the case with using the heal glyph on PW:S.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2015-02-28 at 01:50 PM.

One strat you can use on gruul when running 2 disc priests is to have both run spirit shell. One disc would Spirit Shell the soak group while the other would shield them. Once it moves to the other group you guys would swap and you would shield while they shell. Its not the best strat but it works quite well.