How to import textures/icons into Weakauras?

Evening all.

I'm wanting to import my own Icons/Textures into Weakauras, but am having difficulty. I'm importing them into Sharedmedia, using the .bat file included which imports them into the "Mymedia" folder, and using the path of the file in Weakauras. However, the predetermined icons aren't showing up, and it's simply coloring my current icon green. lol

If anyone knows of a good tutorial to do this, or has experience doing so, please let me know. Specifically, I'm trying to import a two different icons to use as Combo Points 1-4, and another for the 5th.

Thanks for your time!

Hi.

First off make sure your texture pixel dimensions are a power of 2, ie 16x16, 32x64, 128x64 etc and that it's saved as 32 bit *.tga. If either of these are incorrect you get the green texture because WoW doesn't know how to read it.
    .tga allows an alpha channel if you wanna go pr0.

Secondly there's no need to do all the funky bat business, simply open Weak Auras and click New -> Texture and in the texture path box type \\folder\filename.tga

I don't know how to describe it in proper computer terms but basically what it means is that \\ is like the root WoW folder and you can put the texture pretty much wherever you want to as long as it's in there somewhere.

As an example I have all my custom textures in a custom subfolder in \\Interface\ so that I can wipe my addon folder when it gets too messy and not lose my custom stuff.
    My path when creating custom WA textures is

Code:
    \\Interface\CustomUI\texture.tga

Also if you have OCD and want the textures to scale 1:1 make sure you uncheck "Allow full rotation" because it will shrink the texture.
    Last edited by Brytryne; 2012-09-24 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to do this and its just not working. I'm getting the green square with any TGA file I use. I was able to import some BLP's that someone else has made but when I convert my pictures to BLP it will still give me the green box. What am I doing wrong?

Deleted
    Both width and height need to be powers of two.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    I've been trying to do this and its just not working. I'm getting the green square with any TGA file I use. I was able to import some BLP's that someone else has made but when I convert my pictures to BLP it will still give me the green box. What am I doing wrong?

There is a great video tutorial on YouTube - youtube(dot)com/watch?v=jJa8sgA4udQ - that really explains it well.

If you are a non-artsy fartsy guy like me and don't have photoshop to save .tgas, I use this website to convert stuff. So far it has not failed me. I don't mess with any of those settings though. Like everyone else has already stated, your image sizes have to be in powers of 2 i.e. (1024, 512, 256 etc.). Sometimes you gotta double-check the simple things like filepath. I know on multiple occasions I tried to manually type in a filepath, only to get a green square, but when I copy-paste, presto - Texture.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    If you are a non-artsy fartsy guy like me and don't have photoshop to save .tgas, I use this website to convert stuff. So far it has not failed me. I don't mess with any of those settings though. Like everyone else has already stated, your image sizes have to be in powers of 2 i.e. (1024, 512, 256 etc.). Sometimes you gotta double-check the simple things like filepath. I know on multiple occasions I tried to manually type in a filepath, only to get a green square, but when I copy-paste, presto - Texture.
    sry for posting in this but seems ive have this issue aswell. manually typing it in and get a green square. not sure how to copypaste in w7 directory so.

it's saved as TGA & power by 2 ( 512x512)

seems to be working now but keep getting white background eventhough i have an alpha channel

Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-20 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    sry for posting in this but seems ive have this issue aswell. manually typing it in and get a green square. not sure how to copypaste in w7 directory so.

it's saved as TGA & power by 2 ( 512x512)

seems to be working now but keep getting white background eventhough i have an alpha channel

Opaque it under display blend mode.