Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Time to fill the remaining heirloom slots?

We finally got necklaces which arguably is a big step in the right direction. But now we're still missing 5 more slots, hands, boots, belts, bracers and one ring. Isn't it time for them to fill the other slots aswell, it would make for a good goldsink seeing how the current system is set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    We finally got necklaces which arguably is a big step in the right direction. But now we're still missing 5 more slots, hands, boots, belts, bracers and one ring. Isn't it time for them to fill the other slots aswell, it would make for a good goldsink seeing how the current system is set up.
    Rather not, we should be left with a little work, already thought the necks was a little much. Leveling is already quite easy and then you want more looms. Wouldn't mind more gated looms, just like the ring. Do some event/achievement to obtain a selected heirloom, make it a choice of multiple heirlooms but can only pick one or two.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Rather not, we should be left with a little work, already thought the necks was a little much. Leveling is already quite easy and then you want more looms. Wouldn't mind more gated looms, just like the ring. Do some event/achievement to obtain a selected heirloom, make it a choice of multiple heirlooms but can only pick one or two.
    It's not about whether it's easy or not, the point is that it is tedious to do it 999999 times over.

Who cares if something is easy, but is about as engaging as talking to the wall?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    May as well at this point, like what's not available we have helms, neck,shoulder,chest, ring,trinket, weapon , offhand, trousers, cape, that leaves what gloves, boots, belt and bracer? :s

Deleted
    And the other ring, yeah. It's also nice because you can switch between roles easier during leveling and don't have to roll on stuff people without them actually need anymore.

Really, leveling was never hard to begin with, only "slower" and maybe "more tedious" but that went overboard a long time ago anyway.

I'm sure they will add another next xpac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I'm sure they will add another next xpac.
    That's kinda a long way in the future. I'd rather they give us them sooner, for the full pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's not about whether it's easy or not, the point is that it is tedious to do it 999999 times over.

Who cares if something is easy, but is about as engaging as talking to the wall?
    It is a simple action which takes no time at all to do, if it is tedious with the looms you have, then maybe you shouldn't level an alt at all? You wouldn't need more looms anyways, for as you said, it "is about as engaging as talking to the wall?" - So, even if you recieved more looms, your complaints would still stand from your side.

And if the 90 to 100 feels a little bumpy, there's 20% bonus XP to pick up in your Garrison for cheap.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I think the biggest problem is that you cant apply enchants to the tab template items.

Blizzard should solve that by offering to apply enchants with a special heirloom enchant scroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think the biggest problem is that you cant apply enchants to the tab template items.

Blizzard should solve that by offering to apply enchants with a special heirloom enchant scroll.
    Kinda agreed on that. It's just the "completionist" in me that's irked by it. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather all looms be removed and gear while leveling actually mean something again. Like farming the defias gear in TBC.

Sure. It would be a great way to bridge the gap between people who can afford to buy boosts willy nilly and those that can't afford it.

It would unbalance the crap out of low level BGs but those are pretty fubar anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    Would rather all looms be removed and gear while leveling actually mean something again. Like farming the defias gear in TBC.
    Would be nice, espec. with +XP just being a flat account-wide bonus. Sadly, don't think it'll ever happen with Heirloom Tab here now.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate being that guy to say this, but you don't need to use heirlooms if you want to gear the old fashioned way. I've leveled characters since Wrath and Cata that didn't have heirlooms and it went fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Gear doesn't mean anything because of silly damage scaling. You can quite literally one-shot low level mobs on a number of classes while wearing just quest gear. So sure, remove heirlooms, people will just run around naked. Just leave the XP bonus, that's all I'd care for. The TBC times are not coming back, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't want us to go full heirloom. Getting new gear while progressing through the levels should still be meaningful and it won't with a full set of heirlooms.

Personally I don't give a poop, if I deck out my character in heirlooms it is because I want it up to max fast and efficiently. And for those few characters where I actually WANT to take it slow (and I do with some), I just don't use them at all. So I say bring on all the heirlooms you can, now, please!

I assume overtime they will add the remaining gear, but who knows exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want us to go full heirloom. Getting new gear while progressing through the levels should still be meaningful and it won't with a full set of heirlooms.

Personally I don't give a poop, if I deck out my character in heirlooms it is because I want it up to max fast and efficiently. And for those few characters where I actually WANT to take it slow (and I do with some), I just don't use them at all. So I say bring on all the heirlooms you can, now, please!
    Except, they filled 2/3 of the slots already by now and the gear during leveling isn't meaningful either way as you replace it too quickly. I'd like it because it allows me to switch between specs more easily for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Hate being that guy to say this, but you don't need to use heirlooms if you want to gear the old fashioned way. I've leveled characters since Wrath and Cata that didn't have heirlooms and it went fine.
    Oh, I am well aware of that. I'm just saying if there were no looms at all, questing and getting gear at lower levels might means something again. But, since you can now deck in full level 100 looms, no gear for 100 levels will make a bit of difference. Gear is just not as epic as it once was when questing/leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

We're only missing 4 items in the heirloom dept. Tell us more about not going full looms?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What work? Quest until you get an upgrade?
    READ and be less Ignorant.