Upgrade needed for Twitch?

Have recently gotten into Twitch and streaming RBGs so my friends outside of WoW can see what the game is all about, but have noticed some chop and slight noise chop/tearing while the stream is live on my end. My friends say the stream is fine. I know that streaming is CPU taxing, so wanted to ask you guys if I needed other upgrades besides the CPU.

- ASUS M5A97 motherboard
    - Phenom II 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz CPU
    - ASUS HD 7770 vid card
    - Corsair 850w PSU
    - Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
    - Samsung SSD 128 pro (Windows/WoW/software)
    - 16GB Ripjaw RAM
    - 1TB HDD storage
    - Windows 7 HE

The only other programs I have running while Twitch is live(other than OBS and Dxtory to stream and capture) is Skype, 8tracks music website and Razer Synapse. And OBS/Dxtory is set to 25fps for stream.

What needs an upgrade? Affordable recommendations? Just want everything smooth of course ^-^ Thanks!
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2015-02-28 at 07:58 PM.

Im actually surprised you are having issues, for what your are doing your hardware should be sufficient. The only upgrade path you have is going to intel, which also requires a motherboard swap.

Sadly going to intel is not an affordable suggestion, talking 300+.

Before you yahoo's come in here saying it isnt enough my old PC was a phenom xII 840 (slightly slower than his CPU) and a gtx 465 (about same performance as his 7770) and i could stream just fine.

The only other suggestion i have is are you running dxtory on your SSD and recording TO your hard drive? That is the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Im actually surprised you are having issues, for what your are doing your hardware should be sufficient. The only upgrade path you have is going to intel, which also requires a motherboard swap.

Sadly going to intel is not an affordable suggestion, talking 300+.

Before you yahoo's come in here saying it isnt enough my old PC was a phenom xII 840 (slightly slower than his CPU) and a gtx 465 (about same performance as his 7770) and i could stream just fine.

The only other suggestion i have is are you running dxtory on your SSD and recording TO your hard drive? That is the best way to do it.

to be honest i haven't even captusre anything or recorded because I was having the slight noise chop going on, but good call I will make sure that I am.

maybe I need to clean out my comp and have temp/adware/spyware/some virus or something? I thought my setup was good to but i'll investigate further

You didnt mess with the preset in OBS did you? When using x264 encoding just leave it at default, which i think is veryfast. If you arent recording atm that is the only thing i can think of.