Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Claire's sudden changes pissed me off. Frank did everything he could to appease her but she is just a psycho throwing away everything they have worked towards for 20+ years. No shit you're not equals if he's the president. dumb
    My vibe from Claire's character development was that they tried to depict her as more of a Cersei Lannister than Hillary Clinton this season. Meaning, she may be interested in power but she's not competent enough for a leadership role. That's not to say she's completely incompetent, as she ran her own successful nonprofit with little issue.

My vibe from her was that despite her fuckups and the sacrifices she made in order to further Frank's career, she at least thought she was a partner in her relationship and Frank's reaction made her realize that she wasn't. Which is why she left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    It can't be that bad, Frank has God's ear now.
    Frank pissing on things and breaking statues seemed like a bit much, especially after the first time it happened.

Unrelated but I didn't like Gavin's storyline this season, I'm hoping it improves next season. He was much more interesting as a hacker and far less interesting being the FBI's/Doug's bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree about Gavin. One of the aspects I liked about the first two seasons, is there was much more of a chess match going on, many more sub characters that were in play that made everything so much more interesting. When you sigh and dread seeing characters, because you know there will be 2-6 minutes of bathroom break time... multiple times each episode, it just makes you not want to keep watching.

I think the only sub-character that really seemed at least somewhat relevant was Jackie. But even her storyline was pretty easily predicted, especially early on when you see her against Frank but Remy as his chief of state.

Enjoyed this season more than the previous one, enjoyed the dynamic of him being president. Petrov was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Enjoyed this season more than the previous one, enjoyed the dynamic of him being president. Petrov was amazing.
    Petrov was really good, his characterization was pretty much everything I imagine Putin to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another great season, although not as good as season 1 and 2 with Frank clawing for power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Petrov was really good, his characterization was pretty much everything I imagine Putin to be.
    Yeah, I loved it.

The game they play is Stanley's Parable btw.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm working through season 2 right now, and I have a few issues:

1. Is this Macbeth?

2. One of my problems is that not only is Frank always the smartest person in the room, he is basically god. He has these incredibly complex plans where a ton of different things could go wrong, the stakes appear to be super high, but the plan always works because of... plot?

3. It seems pretty well established from the first scene of the series that he is a villain (like in movies where a cheap trick to establish the bad guy is having him kick a dog), but what he is eventually getting away with at the end of S1 going into S2 seems totally ridiculous. Also he seems to know about every secret every other politician has, yet nobody knows about the things he is doing because all other politicians are either idiots or he has crazy plot armor.

I think that much of this show is carried by Kevin Spacey's acting ability + charisma. The further I get into the series, the less clever the writing seems, but I'll probably watch it through to the end of the current season.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The reason Frank has all that info is as WHIP, he needed it and he gathered it with help from the other people there and he has just kept it and used it since.

As for Season 3, it was definitely not as good as 1 & 2, but it was still quality televsion. I really liked the Doug angle this time around and I think he will be an even bigger character moving forward. I kind of hope Remy is gone. He's served his purpose and I don't really need him to be around anymore.

As for Claire, she annoyed me sometimes but I see where she is coming from. My question is what are they going to do moving forward. My buddy and I were talking and we agreed that since Frank will (more than likely) lose his Presidency with Claire leaving (how does a President who is already on the fringe stay in office with the First Lady leaving him?), does he consider trying to get Claire elected as President with others backing her play as a way to keep that power in arms reach. It's not perfect, but if he can plead his case to her he could probably manipulate her into going for it. That way while he wouldn't be president himself, he can still be there, sort of.

Campaign is starting up.

www.fu2016.com
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Season 4 out today!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Campaign is starting up.

www.fu2016.com
    LOL.

Should have been Trump's slogan.

can we talk about S4 here ? just finished it
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    can we talk about S4 here ? just finished it
    Yup there's a spoiler warning in the thread title...halfway through s4 atm, heard the last six episodes are really good.

Deleted
    Great season. I won't go into detail, but i can't wait for season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Great season. I won't go into detail, but i can't wait for season 5.
    Same. Loved the ending, so many undertones of previous presidents and current/historical events...Underwood reminds me of Clinton/Bush all rolled into one. We'll see what season 5 brings.

Deleted
    Btw, i know it is fiction and all, but is there a rule against The first lady being Vice-President? Could it happen in the real world?
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-03-07 at 08:47 PM.

I really don't know, not sure I could stomach that type of agenda.

This season really made up for that messy S3. What's the timeframe for spoilers? A movie/TV episode is maybe a weekend or a day, but a full season of a show might play a different timeframe.

I loved how it ended, how they were trapped and basically finished... and instead of folding, decided to flip the script and go out blazing. Those last few scenes are quite honestly the first time I was ever really 100% convinced that Frank and Claire were in this together. And Claire breaking that 4th wall a tad there... very nice.

Deleted
    I didn't really get the ending. Does going to war delay elections or something?

(Not an United state Cilizen)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I didn't really get the ending. Does going to war delay elections or something?

(Not an United state Cilizen)
    It'll do a ton for the in office people in the immediate months. Like, OMG terrorists are here! And then Frank carpet bombs ICO, he's the big hero for doing it, cuz 'Murica, fuck yeah! It will easily offset the huge scandal and make things really close to even. Most american's love war for the first 2 months and then it gets old and 10 years later really, really hate and blame the president that put them in that situation.

Deleted
    I'm kinda hoping that Season 5 will be the last season. I mean, i love the show, but if they milk it out too much it could become bad.

Can't really go on that much longer, but if you think about it, these last two seasons were similar in structure as to where Frank is and in the "what's next for Frank" staircase, there really can't be much more after the election.