Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Video game fan coughs up blood and drops dead

LINK --> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-19-hours.html

Updated less than 20minutes ago, so assume its recent news, apologies if its a repost

In before they blame video games....oh wait, they already did.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video games confirmed number one source of coughing blood and dying.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how this keeps happening. Surely after all these times, people who are into this stuff should have learned some basic steps to prevent this from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Video games confirmed number one source of coughing blood and dying.
    Yup I'm sure it has nothing to do with the air quality of Shanghai being roughly the same as a martian space suit full of farts.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I don't understand how this keeps happening. Surely after all these times, people who are into this stuff should have learned some basic steps to prevent this from happening?
    Are you insinuating... taking things in moderation? Whaatt. Gurl u crzy.

19 hours is a long time but it's not crazy. Him being out in public in a chair instead of resting sounds like a bad choice though. Wonder what he had going on.

Next time I see someone go suddenly afk in a party I'm sure I'm going to think of this.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moderation is for losers. If i'll ever come back to WoW, i'll start my own guild, and accept only people who had at least one gaming induced bloody vomit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are you insinuating... taking things in moderation? Whaatt. Gurl u crzy.
    Not even that I mean, yeah, but if you're dead set on marathon sessions, at least stand up a walk around a bit every now and then, eat some decent food and keep your blood flowing.

Deleted
    I forgot to even add my opinion

"A police spokesman said: 'An autopsy will determine the cause of death but there seems little doubt his playing on the computer for 19 hours instead of resting contributed to his death.'"

Now I'm not a doctor but, the statement above is just ridiculous, I've stayed up a lot longer than 19hours before and i've not died

I thought blood clots caused by sitting for extended periods went to your heart? I guess it can go to your lungs too?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I thought blood clots caused by sitting for extended periods went to your heart? I guess it can go to your lungs too?
    Nope. The guy pretty obviously had some medical issues he wasn't taking care of.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Moderation is for losers. If i'll ever come back to WoW, i'll start my own guild, and accept only people who had at least one gaming induced bloody vomit.
    Do they also need to have died? Only plebs haven't died at least once.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how ppl can play a game for 19+ hours straight, shirly real life gets in the way and gives something to distract you.

"Mr Wu continued playing video games while waiting for the paramedics"
    now thats a hardcore player

coughing up blood... pretty sure staring at a screen for an excessive amount of time won't cause that.

Cause theres no way the Shanghai smog could have caused any lung issues at all, nope.

Eh...I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like the guy had some other health issues going on. I'd guess the 19-hour gaming session with no breaks might have contributed to his death, but I doubt that's the whole story here. Seems to me like sitting in a chair for 19 hours wouldn't kill you unless you had some other problems.

I can't game for more than like 2 hours without getting up to stretch and walk around a little. Even when I was in college, I think somewhere around 5-6 hours was the longest gaming session I've ever done (and even then I'd still get up to refill my drink or take a leak or whatever else). I can't even imagine gaming for 19 hours with no breaks. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    "Mr Wu continued playing video games while waiting for the paramedics"
    now thats a hardcore player
    afk brb coughing up blood. ok g2g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    Cause theres no way the Shanghai smog could have caused any lung issues at all, nope.
    What? Shanghai's air is cleaner than a baby's butt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those chairs look like the worst kind of chair to use for marathon gaming, so bad for posture.