Thread: Favorite actor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jonathan Banks recent acting on Better Call saul deserves an emmy.
    Hi

Deleted
    Don't got a favorite, but I really enjoy Brad Pitt, Robin Williams and Will Smith movies. If I'd have to pick I'd go for Robin Williams due his movies succes are mostly due his acting...in many movies you could replace lead roles and it would still turn out fine, but his movies would simply not be the same without him.

So yeah, Robin Williams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Jennifer Lawrence
    Mind mentioning what you find great about her? Not bashing, just wondering. Never found her great but haven't seen much movies with her either, if you have any recommendations I'd love to hear some.

Samuel L. Jackson, then DiCaprio, then Christoph Waltz, in that order, I think. There's some great actors that I'm missing, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I liked Elysium decently and I thought he was pretty good for the role. Do you say this because you didn't like the movie or do you feel he wasn't a good fit for it?
    Mainly because I didn't like the movie.

Anyways, he's in my opinion the actor who always challenges himself taking "oddball" roles like in True Grit and Interstellar, and is very convincing when he's the lead like in Hereafter. Also he has self-irony which he shows in the "fu¤¤ing Matt Damon"-Kimmel skits.

Robert. Downey. Jr. RDJ .

Christoph Waltz.

If I'd choose between Pacino and de Niro I'd chose Pacino, for one thing that separates him from Robert, passion.

Rest is RDJ.

I don't guess I care about celebrities enough that I'd have ones I like and ones I don't; they're all only as good as the script and directing allow them to be. I'll go with Kristen Stewart I guess, just because she's the one I'd want to bang the most (I don't care if Twilight wasn't very good.)

For female actors, I really like Cate Blanchett--that voice! And of course, a gifted actress. How Gweneth Paltrow won the Oscars for Shakespeare in Love over Blanchett in Elizabeth, I'll never know. I'm really liking Robin Wright right now in House of Cards.

Oh and I seriously have a crush on Eva Green. Soooo talented. Soooo hot. Thandie Newton is cool too, because uber-cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schwarzenegger. Not for his acting chops of course but he's an absolute legend. I will be so sad if I don't get to meet him at least once before one of us dies.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a fair few actually.

Though I really enjoy actors who are both good and movies but great people in real life aswell. Such as Keanu Reeves, Kurt Russell, Jim Carrey, Hugh Jackman, Chris Evans, RDJ, people that are appreciative of their fame and have used it to try to make the world a better place, without it seeming like a publicity stunt.

Stephen Amell is quickly becoming a new favourite. I enjoy Arrow but after seeing the work he does for people and how he interacts with his fans on his Facebook page which he runs personally. It easy to admire him.

My favorite actor was Robin Williams. I don't think anyone else will ever replace him. I think he had a great ability to fill many different types of roles. I also like Jim Carrey a lot as well. I thought he was great in the Truman Show and The Cable Guy.

Cary Elwes, absolutely amazing actor.

Edward Norton

I really like Christian Bale, Benedict Cumberbatch, Leonardo DiCaprio, and a few more i don't remember right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think she's a brilliant actress and I love most of her movies.

And she's fucking hilarious.

The Hunger Games movies
    Silver Linings Playbook
    American Hustle

X-Men - Days of Futures Past and First Class
    Winters Bone
    I'll check into the bolded ones, she was pretty shit in The Hunger Games but pretty good in X-Men (I'm not a fan of either franchises so I'm pretty neutral :P). Cheers, I hope these will change my mind...or at least provide some quality entertainment.