Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty sad that Greinke would sign with the DBags over a contending team (including extending with the Dodgers). The Diamondbacks aren't even a playoff worthy team. Had it been the Cardinals, yeah you might have a chance of at least making the playoffs there, but there are so many more teams that would have been a better fit as far as chances at a championship. The Yankees, Cubs, Blue Jays, Red Sox (likely to at least be in the playoff picture next season), Mets (not that they need an ace pitcher), obviously the Dodgers and Giants as well, all teams that would have liked to have Greinke on their rosters. Pretty fucking pathetic how some of these clowns are in it for the money.
    Why is it sad or pathetic to do what you want while getting paid as much as you're worth? Seems weird to complain about Greinke and not Price when Price signed with a team that finished last in their division 2 years in a row. The number of players that haven't taken the highest contract value you could probably count on 1 hand. There's a bunch of pressure from the union as well to not undersell yourself since it hurts everybody else.

The Dbacks have some good players, they're not a terrible team, but they needed pitching and got some. They still need a few more decent players, but they're not as hopeless as Colorado or San Diego for next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, but their new unis are fugly, plus they're called the DBags, so that'd be enough for me not to want to play there.

At least someone thinks the Samardzija signing was a good one: https://twitter.com/TheRealJGuts/sta...07173103509505

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like an OK deal to me, the market is the craziest it's been since the late 90s, and the guy can pitch some. Now Cueto is out there with probably two teams gunning for him unless another wild card like the DBags jumps in.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    At least someone thinks the Samardzija signing was a good one: https://twitter.com/TheRealJGuts/sta...07173103509505
    It's in line with market value. he has some of the nastiest stuff in the league, so Rags just needs to work out his mechanics. The Giants were going to spend at least $150M on pitching regardless, and this leaves plenty of room for Leake.

Nats lose out on O'Day to the Os. Ugh, this bullpen is just going to suck again and tank another season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumors abound, Dodgers signing 'kuma and trying to trade for Chapman.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Rumors abound, Dodgers signing 'kuma and trying to trade for Chapman.
    The Chapman deal is done, two prospects going the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also rumors about the Marlins entertaining offers for Jose Fernandez, that's a guy I could see giving up Puig for, but not Urias.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, everyone's favorite light-hearted easy-going pitcher Papelbon is filing a grievance against the Natinals for not paying him while he was suspended four games for trying to strangle a teammate.

Great idea, create a rift that makes it near impossible for the team to keep you and further demonstrate to everyone what a piece of shit human being you are both of which kill your trade value which is already low because of your crappy contract and all the other preexisting evidence that you're a piece of shit. I hope they eat his contract and deal him to Colorado or Texas or some other pitchers graveyard.

- - - Updated - - -

Chapman trade is stalling with news of a police report surfacing relating to a domestic incident

Also, everyone's favorite light-hearted easy-going pitcher Papelbon is filing a grievance against the Natinals for not paying him while he was suspended four games for trying to strangle a teammate.

Great idea, create a rift that makes it near impossible for the team to keep you and further demonstrate to everyone what a piece of shit human being you are both of which kill your trade value which is already low because of your crappy contract and all the other preexisting evidence that you're a piece of shit. I hope they eat his contract and deal him to Colorado or Texas or some other pitchers graveyard.
    The best part of this Papelbon story: "My mistake was doing that in the dugout in front of a camera." No you moron, it was choking someone.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. I'm happy. Now we just need to trade Soler for Ross or Carassco and re-sign Fowler and I'll have a relaxing next few months.

8 for 183 for that guy? Happy? 4 for 40 maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    8 for 183 for that guy? Happy? 4 for 40 maybe.
    I like how espn calls 8 for 183 a "SUPERB VALUE!" lol
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like long-term contracts for defense, defense is usually the first thing to deteriorate

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like long-term contracts for defense, defense is usually the first thing to deteriorate
    Everyone needs to remember Heyward would have been NL ROY if Buster Posey did not exist and has legitimate power even if the last two years suggest differently. He has non-trivial footspeed in the field and on the basepaths, is a plus defender and displays good plate discipline. If he can get back to hitting 20+ HR per 550 AB, then the Cubs made out like bandits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Everyone needs to remember Heyward would have been NL ROY if Buster Posey did not exist and has legitimate power even if the last two years suggest differently. He has non-trivial footspeed in the field and on the basepaths, is a plus defender and displays good plate discipline. If he can get back to hitting 20+ HR per 550 AB, then the Cubs made out like bandits.
    That's a big if, contract needs to be for the player he is not the player they hope he will be.

I have a high opinion of Heyward and I think he can live up to the contract, I'm just not expecting it to be a steal or a bargain.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The deal is already fair if you expect him to play at his career average, including down years. I fully expect him to regain his power stroke, especially at Wrigley.

If he manages an average of 4.5WAR over the next 5 seasons, then the Cubs get way more than their money's worth.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2015-12-13 at 03:26 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    $23MM AAV compared to what guys are starting to get, plus the fact that we will get a brand spanking new TV deal that should be very similar to the Dodgers', I am very satisfied with this. I think there's actually a good chance he opts out 4 years in and we'll have to try and sign him again, and THAT contract could be a lot worse.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fucking Cubs could just win the World Series next year with the moves they made. Zobrist is a legit add and they got more pitching now. Watch out for them.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cueto contract is very frontloaded and has a player opt-out after 2 years, so I'm okay with it.