Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah the trinket should lose value when you get better gear, i.e. when you are able to load more damage into Chaos Bolt / Shadowburn and the proc damage becomes comparatively lower.

Although I think the major drawback with using that trinket is that it doesn't provide anything that you have control over, it's just an RPPM based damage proc. Compared to GSR, BMC or DSI which gives you a proc to play around, the UGoS is lackluster.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2015-07-20 at 11:32 AM.

Furty,

I have been watching your mythic kills to learn lock movement on these fights as we have started progression in mythic. I am wondering though, i noticed during procs, you would still build up to 2.5 embers to cast CB rather then dumping every ember for as many CBs as you can during the proc. Is there a methodology behind this i missed or just personal preference? I just happen to notice there was weapon procs for instance you would cast only 1 CB but had embers to cast at least 3.

I personally dump all embers for CB/SB for procs but i can see that if you follow the 2.5 rule, you potentially will always have a CB available in case multi procs happen. Otherwise, you run into the case of dumping your embers and then another proc or stacked procs happen and you now have to build embers up to try and squeeze in a CB or two before they run out.

Anyone else prefer either style?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    I just happen to notice there was weapon procs for instance you would cast only 1 CB but had embers to cast at least 3.
    Without having watched the videos myself it's hard to give an exact answer, however one of the main points I'd like to raise is that it's not always black and white in WoW.

The rule of 'maintain 2.5 embers and dump during procs' is not a be all and end all. There will be occasions where you might want to bank close to full embers to ensure something dies ASAP or you may want to ensure that you get AoE going the moment adds spawn without messing up the FnB toggle.

Similarly Weapon enchant is pretty weak in comparison and he may have elected to hold onto his resources for a better proc or more opportune moment.

Every minor detail needs to be accounted for and weighed up in the current situation, and is why there's almost always an exception to the 'rule' in this game.

That makes sense, i'm sure he took notes of spawn timers and when to bank up embers for either F&B timings versus priority add burning. That way he can take full advantage of CB/SB during those windows. Hopefully we get his feedback but it makes sense. I'll take some notes tomorrow night and see what i notice. Nothing worse then being ember starved when you have 4 procs pop at once O_O.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you don't go on burning embers on procs if you have AoE incoming in like 3 seconds like Xhul, or important burn phase coming up like Velhari p2 or you know Bloodlust is going to be used or many other cases based on encounter needs.

Rolling your face over Chaos Bolt when you see some buffs up is not always the best course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, you don't go on burning embers on procs if you have AoE incoming in like 3 seconds like Xhul, or important burn phase coming up like Velhari p2 or you know Bloodlust is going to be used or many other cases based on encounter needs.

Rolling your face over Chaos Bolt when you see some buffs up is not always the best course of action.
    Yea i did some thinking on this and it makes total sense which i did it on the obvious parts like Feast of souls on Gore. I'll try this method in tonights heroic farm run to get practice

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Without having watched the videos myself it's hard to give an exact answer, however one of the main points I'd like to raise is that it's not always black and white in WoW.

The rule of 'maintain 2.5 embers and dump during procs' is not a be all and end all. There will be occasions where you might want to bank close to full embers to ensure something dies ASAP or you may want to ensure that you get AoE going the moment adds spawn without messing up the FnB toggle.

Similarly Weapon enchant is pretty weak in comparison and he may have elected to hold onto his resources for a better proc or more opportune moment.

Every minor detail needs to be accounted for and weighed up in the current situation, and is why there's almost always an exception to the 'rule' in this game.
    Just to add to all of these points a little bit. I know Furty ran the class trinket in quite a few of his kill videos and while I don't know what dumps you're talking about specifically I would assume that keeping that stacked has something to do with it. If you've gotta choose between 1 more chaos bolt or keeping that 5 stack up it's a pretty easy choice most of the time.

any advice for timing shadowburns better even with tidy plates and it on my action bar in 2 places. i seem to miss em alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    any advice for timing shadowburns better even with tidy plates and it on my action bar in 2 places. i seem to miss em alot.
    Mouse over macro for shadowburn

#showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] [] Shadowburn

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Mouse over macro for shadowburn

#showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] [] Shadowburn
    Yeah some sort of mouseover macro, you could also configure your nameplates to highlight and enlarge when a target is below 21-22 %.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Furty,

I have been watching your mythic kills to learn lock movement on these fights as we have started progression in mythic. I am wondering though, i noticed during procs, you would still build up to 2.5 embers to cast CB rather then dumping every ember for as many CBs as you can during the proc. Is there a methodology behind this i missed or just personal preference? I just happen to notice there was weapon procs for instance you would cast only 1 CB but had embers to cast at least 3.

I personally dump all embers for CB/SB for procs but i can see that if you follow the 2.5 rule, you potentially will always have a CB available in case multi procs happen. Otherwise, you run into the case of dumping your embers and then another proc or stacked procs happen and you now have to build embers up to try and squeeze in a CB or two before they run out.

Anyone else prefer either style?
    Not sure what you're referring to specifically but generally speaking I just prefer to chaos bolt back-to-back inside of dumps rather than generating one ember then dumping. Obviously depending on the fight there are a lot of other considerations like incoming adds, potential havoc opportunities, and class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Not sure what you're referring to specifically but generally speaking I just prefer to chaos bolt back-to-back inside of dumps rather than generating one ember then dumping. Obviously depending on the fight there are a lot of other considerations like incoming adds, potential havoc opportunities, and class trinket.
    I followed a similar play style last night in our heroic farm run and i noticed big improvement in terms of overall control of damage along with increased DPS. I'll be looking through my logs later but regardless learned better ember management. Thanks all for the feedback, my rankings thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Dunno, I feel like Class trinket just need some replace at HFA and Socrethar. Another fights like Xhul'horac, Gorefiend, Killrog, Mannoroth and mainly Archimonde which are fights with some serious target swapping the trinket it's manageable.
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Yeah the trinket should lose value when you get better gear, i.e. when you are able to load more damage into Chaos Bolt / Shadowburn and the proc damage becomes comparatively lower.

Although I think the major drawback with using that trinket is that it doesn't provide anything that you have control over, it's just an RPPM based damage proc. Compared to GSR, BMC or DSI which gives you a proc to play around, the UGoS is lackluster.
    I thought that UGoS was bad too until I swapped it out on heavy AoE fights like Xhul and Iskar and it did 7.5% and 6.5% of my damage, lower on Iskar due to some ST times but overall quite impressed. Agreed, downside is that it's flat damage so scaling falls behind with gear, but still shouldnt be overlooked. I think the benefit it has over the proc trinkets is that it's a passive, always up, and procs off anything whereas proc ones need you to dump on proc to use to the fullest - which isnt always doable. On stuff like Xhul/Iskar if the trinket procs but I'm busy dropping fire/void at the edge or targetted by winds I can't use the proc optimally and wont be back up for another minute. I could still conflag and get UGoS cleave though

Anyone seen any updates on Trinkets BIS/Sims with the 5% increase all around.

I know it isn't crazy like Affliction changes but curious to see what ppl are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Anyone seen any updates on Trinkets BIS/Sims with the 5% increase all around.

I know it isn't crazy like Affliction changes but curious to see what ppl are using.
    http://pastebin.com/xnuVFTyv

Gahddo's simcrafting.

Deleted

Which trinket should I be dark souling on?

Seeing how they rarely align properly and when I only blow DS on them aligning I end up capped on dark souls most of the time...

so if 1 does only proc.. which is it better to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob29 View Post

Which trinket should I be dark souling on?

Seeing how they rarely align properly and when I only blow DS on them aligning I end up capped on dark souls most of the time...

so if 1 does only proc.. which is it better to use?
    Desecrated. Higher ilvl, higher damage output and higher buff duration.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot.

also.. just want to say fuck doing brawlers guild as destro.. that shit sucks so hard :/

edit: or well not hard.. but much harder than any other class bar maybe priest and mage
    Last edited by mmoccd412700ec; 2015-07-23 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Desecrated. Higher ilvl, higher damage output and higher buff duration.
    yeah, the uptime on the DSI is HUGE, i often get the uptime of it into the 50% area which is quite insane imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob29 View Post
    Thanks a lot.

also.. just want to say fuck doing brawlers guild as destro.. that shit sucks so hard :/

edit: or well not hard.. but much harder than any other class bar maybe priest and mage
    Really? I just finished mine off recently out of boredom, destro seemed pretty good for it, though I've not done it with any other casters. I remember the snake being a pain in the arse back on launch mind.