Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    This may have been addressed already, apologies if it's a redundant question.

I'm starting to play my warlock a bit again, and am wondering about the crit vs mastery. My crit unbuffed crit is 999 (15.08%) and mastery is 2278 (86.13%). Should I be trying to even these out, e.g. enchant with + crit and have + crit gems?

Thanks.
    Stick with mastery. Mastery and crit are pretty close on single target but as soon as your ember generation goes up (multiple targets, shadowburn sniping) mastery becomes quite a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Stick with mastery. Mastery and crit are pretty close on single target but as soon as your ember generation goes up (multiple targets, shadowburn sniping) mastery becomes quite a bit better.
    Plus on some fights where Affli shines more than Destro u can easily respec without a lot of dps-loss since crit it's "meh" for destro but mastery it's great even for ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    For completeness sake, haste also gains a lot of value for AoE relative to crit.

^

Just a little bit more haste can get you a full extra aoe chaos bolt before stuff dies! or more!

#iskarstrats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Started Xhul progress recently as well. Here's my 2 cents on this boss.

Played Demo for a few pulls, found it to be really lackluster compared to Destro in almost every possible way (other than mobility ofc). Using portal and making sure you have 3+ embers when the imps spawn are critical. Pre-Havoc the boss before they spawn & unload FnB CB, snipe the low HP ones, rinse repeat. If things are done like 70% correctly, you'll be swimming in embers, and I've just been using FnB Immolate once the two minibosses are out to keep the DoT up.
    Yup. That's what I've been doing so far, bar some frustration in playing fastest finger first on imp sniping, things seem to be smoothing out.

I don't know how your raid is handling the little void adds and the black holes, we have plenty of hunters and mages to take care of those. Just make sure to snipe SB on the void adds. It's really all about getting into that rhythm and not screwing yourself over with embers.
    Void adds we have hunters and mages on, though it looks like we're using warlocks for every 3rd blackhole. Not that huge a deal, though I was grumpy to find UR didn't work on the hole - so much for unglyphing that and keeping SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Void adds we have hunters and mages on, though it looks like we're using warlocks for every 3rd blackhole. Not that huge a deal, though I was grumpy to find UR didn't work on the hole - so much for unglyphing that and keeping SL.
    Yeah we have locks on the empowered black holes now. Dark Bargain works fine though, at least.

Deleted
    We did Xul yesterday (killed it in 24 pulls lol). Took a while to get into the rhythm but I just focused on maintaining high embers for imps as they are what caused most of our wipes.

Yeah we have locks on the empowered black holes now. Dark Bargain works fine though, at least.
    Sac pact+Voidwalker HP buff works fine too as long as you have some sort of a shield from a priest if you're not that geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    Sac pact+Voidwalker HP buff works fine too as long as you have some sort of a shield from a priest if you're not that geared.
    You can use any talent on the tier (Sac, Soul Link, DB) and survive just fine.

So I asked a similar question on the Affliction thread, but I will ask from a Destro view. Do you all save Dark Soul to time with the legendary ring? Or use it based on trinket procs (assuming someone else is triggering the ring).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    So I asked a similar question on the Affliction thread, but I will ask from a Destro view. Do you all save Dark Soul to time with the legendary ring? Or use it based on trinket procs (assuming someone else is triggering the ring).
    Track ring CD and save 1 DS charge for it. It's not that you can't predict when ring will be used, these things are usually discussed and decided on before the pull and if it's just some PuG then you can be sure it will be mashed on CD regardless of the situation anyway.

So in short yes, there may be some cases when it's no (for example you are doing Vision on Killrog and ring is on CD, then you still would want to use DS twice while buff lasts because 200% DPS boost is better than 30%).

Thanks, that's more or less what I've been doing, but I thought it was worth double-checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    We did Xul yesterday (killed it in 24 pulls lol). Took a while to get into the rhythm but I just focused on maintaining high embers for imps as they are what caused most of our wipes.
    Lol, that's not bad. We're about ~100 pulls in and we're still wiping to fire in the wrong place / people getting hit by the void step. Although we were forced to use an offspec tank for one night, so spent about half the night wiping to tank one-shots. Swell.

Deleted
    Lol, that's not bad. We're about ~100 pulls in and we're still wiping to fire in the wrong place / people getting hit by the void step. Although we were forced to use an offspec tank for one night, so spent about half the night wiping to tank one-shots. Swell.
    Sorry to derail but I think our setup played a huge part in the kill.

We had 3 DK's for Mass Grip, 2 Warriors with anger management and shockwave (up for every wave) as well as a Mage with Supernova and my Shadowfury, Enhance shaman Cap totem. Plus a few AoE silences here and there.

Also 2 shammies for the grounding totem (up for every cast of the surge) and 2 Hunters and 3 Mages who were nuking the Void Fiends.

We got into the last phase after killing Omnus without a cooldown rotation or anything as we hadn't planned to get that far, he kind of just fell over which was a bit of a shame but also kind of hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Sorry to derail but I think our setup played a huge part in the kill.

We had 3 DK's for Mass Grip, 2 Warriors with anger management and shockwave (up for every wave) as well as a Mage with Supernova and my Shadowfury, Enhance shaman Cap totem. Plus a few AoE silences here and there.

Also 2 shammies for the grounding totem (up for every cast of the surge) and 2 Hunters and 3 Mages who were nuking the Void Fiends.

We got into the last phase after killing Omnus without a cooldown rotation or anything as we hadn't planned to get that far, he kind of just fell over which was a bit of a shame but also kind of hilarious.
    Yeah having that many DKs is immensely useful. We spent two nights on him with one DK, and ended up recruiting a second one later on, so on our third night with all the tank one-shots we had two DKs. The imps freecasting from Africa was a certainly a problem, but we have no shortage of AoE stuns and silences, so when we do have a grip available the imps don't cause trouble. We're also running a setup with really good cleave damage (3 Destro Locks, e.g.), so it's generally a case of them being nuked down really fast.

But back on topic, like you said, getting into that rhythm where you have >3 embers for when they spawn and Havoc'ing more or less on CD is key to doing decent DPS on this fight.

quick trinket/encounter question

best combo of trinks to use on m kormok? i have all hfc heroic trinks and the crafted 715 one. i dont have gsr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    quick trinket/encounter question

best combo of trinks to use on m kormok? i have all hfc heroic trinks and the crafted 715 one. i dont have gsr.
    It depends on whether your priority is boss damage or hand damage — honestly the answer for the first is affliction and the answer to the second is demonology. If you are set on playing destro then this is a good class trinket fight. Alternative to class trinket is UGOS. DSI obvious second trinket.

Does FnB incinerate apply the class trinket debuff? don't think i saw it mentioned or not

Quote Originally Posted by Supercowmaster View Post
    Does FnB incinerate apply the class trinket debuff? don't think i saw it mentioned or not
    It does
    /10 char

if i have basically no realistic shot at getting a mythic GSR, how does 6/6 sandmans stand up? i know that eye of sethee isnt bad, but how do these 2 compare? Rerolled a bout a month ago to lock and im currently running insignia and piston, looking to replace the piston.