Simulationcrafting the trinkets???

Hi,

this is my feral: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Damea/simple

I got lucky and got the Blackhand mythic trinket. Now at my disposal are the stone of fire, skull of war, both 680 trinkets and the lucky double-sided coin 665.
    The feral guide shows that the skull/trigger combo is the best of those i have available but as is written you should sim it for yourself and see.

I used the standard sim from simulationcraft, didnt change any parameters except the different trinkets. I got the best result with stone/trigger, the worst was with trigger/coin and the apparent BIS trigger/mountain was also shown in my sims lower then stone/trigger. And Skull/Trigger was i think in 2nd place. Im not sure now if i simed things wrong, the results dont seem right, any advice and or help is very welcome.
    Last edited by gardner; 2015-03-13 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    Hi,

this is my feral: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Damea/simple

I got lucky and got the Blackhand mythic trinket. Now at my disposal are the stone of fire, skull of war, both 680 trinkets and the lucky double-sided coin 665.
    The feral guide shows that the skull/trigger combo is the best of those i have available but as is written you should sim it for yourself and see.

I used the standard sim from simulationcraft, didnt change any parameters except the different trinkets. I got the best result with stone/trigger, the worst was with trigger/coin and the apparent BIS trigger/mountain was also shown in my sims lower then stone/trigger. And Skull/Trigger was i think in 2nd place. Im not sure now if i simed things wrong, the results dont seem right, any advice and or help is very welcome.

If your originally imported character did not have on-use trinkets equipped then simcraft import skips creating action list code to use those trinkets with on-use effect. You need to manually add action-list commands to use trinkets. Or easier, import some simcrafts premade feral character and copy action list from there. For example bis profiles there has Heart equipped so be using trinkets properly.

Thanks for that tip, didnt notice it and yes it does make a difference in the simulation results. So far my conclusion is that trigger/stone is more dps in general but if you have fights where controlled burst is needed at certain points in the fight then trigger/coin is better. Skull/trigger simed for me lower then trigger/coin although not by much. In the guide the trigger/skull combo is simed higher then trigger/coin but i guess its because of a bit of a different gear setup.