Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Don't mean to insult anyone but....

I just won 14 arena games, yet I'm stuck on rank 18 because I don't have any decent cards.

This game is definately pay2win.

People beat me in ranked matches only because they have better cards, yet when all other things are equal, my superior skill dominates.

Now that the p2w has been proven, is there a reason to continue with this game?

No, there isn't.

Deleted
    You've "proven" the game is Pay2Win based on the fact that YOU cannot get past Rank 18.

Swing and a miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    every tcg is pay to win lol

i haven't spent a cent on yugioh cards since i was like 15 but a friend of mine has put hundreds of dollars into perfecting his deck and complains when no one wants to play him because they aren't even in the same class as him and he gets too competitive about it

i mean yeah you can still come up from behind and pretty much buttfuck him with some of the old power cards, but the way he has built his deck he is able to create offensive pressure so easily that it is difficult to defend against because on top of having a good deck yugioh is about luck and that's a sword that cuts both ways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    I just won 14 arena games, yet I'm stuck on rank 18 because I don't have any decent cards.
    This game is definately pay2win.
    People beat me in ranked matches only because they have better cards, yet when all other things are equal, my superior skill dominates.
    Now that the p2w has been proven, is there a reason to continue with this game?
    No, there isn't.
    Took you 14 arena matches to figure out that a card game is P2W ?
    /walks away shaking head

Deleted
    gj I realized this when the game was released and haven't wasted any time on this garbage gimmick $ game

I win.

every card game is p2w or "pay to get everything faster"

If you had only devoted the minimum time to complete the dailies since the release of the game you could have gained access to the naxx expansion and over 100 card packs for the low low price of $0
    Signature not found

You stuck on rank 18.

Who are you insulting? Yourself?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to pay, as all cards are obtainable without spending money, it just takes longer, Which is far better than any other Card Game, where you have no option but to buy packs, Suck it up, I highly doubt you're as amazing as you think.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game doesn't feel pay to win i don't know waiting longer to obtain cards is considered pay to win or suck at the game.

The game is getting less and less accessible for new players who don't want to spend money, as most people who have played longer have gotten better decks by now. And they keep releasing new expansions which again costs you time and/or money. Its getting difficult for new players to keep up.

Ofcourse its not impossible to win with F2P decks, even against low budget ones. But in todays meta F2P decks aren't as good as they used to. I don't even see famous HS'ers trying F2P anymore after Naxx, and I suspect that they know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that Rank 18 is roughly when people start vaguely trying. Rank 13 is when people are definitely trying. Rank 7 is when people start wrecking your shit. I'm not surprised Rank 25-19 were a breeze, but Rank 18 can be a wall with bad cards.

Can.

Excellent play, good deck building scheme (even with limited selection), and somewhat favorable RnG can push you pretty high up the ladder. Doesn't mean it is at all likely, but it is possible. I know it has been done by a select handful. I'm admittedly not that good. I have almost every card in the game yet I get face rolled HARD in the high single digits. At least I admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Oh look this thread again. Same OP too.

Many fascinating and interesting new points will be raised in this one I'm sure. It will be enlightning compared to the other 'however many there are now'.

We get it, you're bad at TCGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So this is really a good bye post?
    One can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is the point of these posts other than "I said so, now there you have it"?

Newsflash: Blizzard invests MONEY to make a game to play. OBVIOUSLY they want to get the money back. NO company in the world makes a game and makes it literally free to play. There always is a source to make the money back. There is no benevolent sponsor who says, here..I like to lose 20 million over the next years, make this game for free and let the people play it. I also like to read on forums while the game still sucks and I am an asshole"

In your case: You have to invest money to get past rank 18. Nothing more. Others will tell you they could do it without paying.

So this is really a good bye post?

You never win, because you will have wasted your money or time on some other garbage that we find laughable.
    someone who plays a pay to win game finds my stuff to be laughable

dem feels be hurt mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    someone who plays a pay to win game finds my stuff to be laughable

dem feels be hurt mon
    You're commenting on a card game. What the hell did you expect?

Do you also complain about the fact that there's RNG in the game as well, because "you don't know what card you're going to draw next and that's unfair?"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Oh look it's this guy again...

"A Banana is a fruit therefore Hearthstone = Pay2win"

Deleted
    Plays the "random" deck builder and does well....

Assumes that means HAVE to do well in constructed....

So moans about the obvious P2W aspect of CCG/TCG's (that exists in every.single.1.of.them)....

Who'd you think insulted really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Plays the "random" deck builder and does well....

Assumes that means HAVE to do well in constructed....

So moans about the obvious P2W aspect of CCG/TCG's (that exists in every.single.1.of.them)....

Who'd you think insulted really?
    The guys that play ranked and think skill is the only thing carrying them.

It isn't, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings.

So you're comparing random Arena decks to constructed Ranking decks. Ok.

I mean, if you're stuck at rank 18 that's because you're not very good at the game, and has nothing to do with it being pay2win(it isn't, it's "pay to get stuff faster"). A friend of mine who's not very good at the game and has barely any cards can get to rank 15ish just fine, so you really just need to get better.
    I get that you hate Hearthstone and have to post about how much you hate it a few times a month, but it's getting old. If you're so bad at the game and dislike it so much, why are you even still playing it and posting about it?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU