Will the Dread Pirate Ring be worthless come 6.2?

Since we're getting new heirloom rings that are much, much easier to get. Kinda makes me wish I had picked one of the other rewards, if so...

Unique-Equipped: Ghost Pirate Ring (1) - 6.2 rings are unique equipped, so dread pirate ring is still useful

I probably sound like a selfish asshole, but that's great news, thank you very much!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azardea View Post
    I probably sound like a selfish asshole, but that's great news, thank you very much!
    Not exactly selfish, just.... ignoring something.

How long have you had the ring for? How much have you used it? Have you benefitted from the bonus it provides at all, on any character? Will you be able to use it at any point in the future?

If the answer is something like "quite some time" to the first two and "yes" to the others, then you are simply yet another example of the whining culture that has emerged over the last few years. "Boo, my <insert item here> is no longer unique, now it's worthless". That kind of whiner. No, <insert item here> is still useful, because you can use it in exactly the same way you have so far. If it was good enough before, it's good enough in 6.2, unless that item specifically gets changed and made worthless.