Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sorely needed. Now to see if/how they deliver on it, because it shouldn't have taken them this many years to respond to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorely needed. Now to see if/how they deliver on it, because it shouldn't have taken them this many years to respond to this issue.
    Agreed. Steam customer support is one of, if not the, worst I've ever seen. It's about time realized that one of the only times a customer actually needs to talk to steam as a company is through the support line, and a negative experience can potentially chase customers off for good. As as online entity, customer service is likely the only time a customer actually interacts with someone from their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Badly needed. They need to start offering phone support rather than just tickets, which is also lacking badly.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-03-16 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO this is hugely needed.

All I want is what EA/Origin offer, 24 hour money back guarantee, maybe less, and you could restrict it i.e. doesn't work for early access.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a single negative experience with Steam (aside from its formerly, obnoxiously slow UI) so I'm indifferent to this news. /shrug
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. Steam customer support is one of, if not the, worst I've ever seen. It's about time realized that one of the only times a customer actually needs to talk to steam as a company is through the support line, and a negative experience can potentially chase customers off for good. As as online entity, customer service is likely the only time a customer actually interacts with someone from their company.
    Actually he problem is that it won't chase customers off. Steam is the only real show in town, there is no other platform for digital distribution that comes even close to rivaling them in selection or usability.

Here's hoping they actually make some changes, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath. Steam is in a position where there is really no pressure for change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're sloooooooooooooow.
    When you get through they get the job done, but still they're sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    When you get through they get the job done, but still they're sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    that is IF they answer you, because they're not only sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww but they dont answeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah. Still better than Nexon, though : 3

I'm shocked Valve acknowledged that Steam was suppose to have customer support.

So instead of a random indian dude it's going to be two ? Nice.

I am surprised that so many had bad experiences with steam customer support. I only needed them once and had my answer after 5 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    IMHO this is hugely needed.

All I want is what EA/Origin offer, 24 hour money back guarantee, maybe less, and you could restrict it i.e. doesn't work for early access.
    This x100.

There is no reason why Steam dosen't have both a 24 hour money back guarantee with all the broken games that release and even a online chat setup like a lot of customer service's have.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I've bought hundreds of Steam games and never really had a problem so I have no idea if their customer support is good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ditto here, I'm glad to say I've never had the "pleasure" of contacting Steam support... yet. Hope when the "opportunity" arises, they'd have changed for the better already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This x100.

There is no reason why Steam dosen't have both a 24 hour money back guarantee with all the broken games that release and even a online chat setup like a lot of customer service's have.
    Conspiracy theory: Valve intentional does this combined with their as of late MASSIVE sale of new, early access titles that have not proven themselves to be anything other than a potential scam asking for a lot of money so they can make a ton off of the few people who do buy those shovel/vaporware titles before taking them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    How in the hell does Steam not have phone support?! Holy shit I didn't even know that

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    How in the hell does Steam not have phone support?! Holy shit I didn't even know that
    It's more expensive to hire people to talk on the phone compared to hiring them to press buttons on a keyboard? I don't know, maybe they realized most gamers hate calling phone support and would rather deal with impersonal contact forms.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Better yet how the hell do they not have Online Chat support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Conspiracy theory: Valve intentional does this combined with their as of late MASSIVE sale of new, early access titles that have not proven themselves to be anything other than a potential scam asking for a lot of money so they can make a ton off of the few people who do buy those shovel/vaporware titles before taking them down.
    I know u said Conspiract theory but still I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't too far from the truth.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD