Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been rocking Piston + UGoS for almost every fight. For ST fights, i'll swap in RoW and Council Trinket and run CoP. RoW trinket is very very annoying to keep up while playing CoP, so I think AS might be better just for the ease of maintaining it.

Deleted
    Alright pals. I nabbed my class trinket tonight, its piss easy to use with AS, except that you wouldnt use it with AS since its only good for single target and for single target COp pulls ahead. However i find it bloody awful and clunky to use with COP, does anybody have any tips, i have 2p t18 if that helps. cheers

edit; hmm could cop lite/insanity be an option for RoW due to easy maintenance of the trinket debuff? or do you think reg AS would beat it on single?
    Last edited by mmoc424a42f312; 2015-08-15 at 10:43 PM.

Ive found the best way to maintain it is to use mf instead of ms in the 3 gcds between mb. Thats with running mind bender. If you are dotweaving you need to mf at least once between weaves.

How is PoF for shadow in general? using iskar trinket + ore trinket because i dont have nothing else. And i passed PoF to a warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Ive found the best way to maintain it is to use mf instead of ms in the 3 gcds between mb. Thats with running mind bender. If you are dotweaving you need to mf at least once between weaves.
    do u mean just use mf instead ms completely? or still weave in ms too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    How is PoF for shadow in general? using iskar trinket + ore trinket because i dont have nothing else. And i passed PoF to a warlock.
    pof is really random mate, use iskar and piston/kazzak trinket, the general consensus is these are decent for as and cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Antefex View Post
    do u mean just use mf instead ms completely? or still weave in ms too
    I'm saying instead of using Mind Spike x3 between MB's, use Mind Spike x2 and Mind Flay once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    I just recently got a PoF HC WF and I honestly think it's a horribly designed trinket unless of course you are a mage, Blizz's fav! I don't even think it's that good for CoP....As a Shadow Priest you have to game the trinket when it goes off which is just bad. It should just be something along the lines of Mark of Doom being a stacking debuff - at 5 stacks it explodes for X amount of shadow damage.

I could just be salty though because I still have yet to get UBGSethe to drop or coin it. And now I'm stuck with PoF because the trinkets I have are HC IR Piston; HC Goren; and HC Blackand Crucible. Obviously for AS I'm using Piston but the PoF now has so much more Intellect that I have no choice but to use it with the Piston instead of Piston + Goren...I have to use Piston + PoF

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd use Piston+Goren for AS, despite the intellect: though trying to get a Mythic Goren might not be a bad call, they nerfed BRF to a joke at the start of this tier, so virtually any Normal HFC-level pug can probably do at least Mythic Oregorger at this point I suspect.

POF is a horrible trinket for anyone but Arcane mage yea, because the developers seem to think Arcane Missiles is like a dozen direct damage attacks that are channeled, but Mind Flay and Drain Soul are channeled DoTs that attack directly a dozen times in succession: completely different things apparently.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yvaelle, that was my thought process in what to use - Piston + Goren, just that huge Intellect jump was hard to pass up. Regarding the channeled spell crap yeah I saw that TWEET from the Devs and couldn't face palm harder....I don't even think the trinket procs of Mind Sear which we all know does initial direct damage first...Unbelievable

Arcane missle is very different from mind flay as instead of a steady stream it shoots bolts.

Dont forget that the value of crit increases exponentially for AS depending on the number of targets. Iirc crit starts beating int at 4+ targets that will live for at least 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Missiles LOOK differently - mechanically it's the same under the hood as MFlay - DSoul etc. that's the issue I have with it.

Maybe it has something to do with the code when its visual hit vs tick.

It's from Cata when Mastery affected DoTs, in order for Mind Flay to scale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFX View Post
    Arcane Missiles LOOK differently - mechanically it's the same under the hood as MFlay - DSoul etc. that's the issue I have with it.
    Arcane missiles don't apply a debuff to the target while channeling right?

No they don't. Mind Flay applies a slow, so the debuff is separate from the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how PoF handles killing blows? Say for example you Snipe Death a target (let's say skeles on Gorefiend) and it dies on your SW Death...could the trinket proc effectively wasting the Mark of Doom debuff that would normally get applied?

I don't know if it will apply when the target is a killing blow, but I've seen it get wasted lots of times. I've seen the debuff blink up and then disappear just before a target dies.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

I would say it could happen, and has the same likely hood of happening as it does when it procs normally. You could comb through some logs and just filter event with SW: D and the debuff to see if it happens. What I don't understand is why USoG will proc more when I have 6-7 SW: P's up but PoF stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I would say it could happen, and has the same likely hood of happening as it does when it procs normally. You could comb through some logs and just filter event with SW: D and the debuff to see if it happens. What I don't understand is why USoG will proc more when I have 6-7 SW: P's up but PoF stays the same.
    I assume that's because UGoS procs on all damage, and PoF only procs on direct damage (not dots).

PoF only has a chance to apply the debuff based on direct damage? I thought that the chance to apply the debuff was based off all damage and the debuff was triggered with only direct damage.