Don't be silly.
    WW3 happens before that.

We will be in stone age in 2064.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    2064?

Don't be silly.
    WW3 happens before that.

We will be in stone age in 2064.
    Can we ironicaly call it the stone age 2.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sexually transmitted Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The issue with sterility is it gives us an ever-increasingly long lifespan to solve the problem. Aubrey Du Grey, the world's foremost expert in human longevity, thinks the first functional immortals may already be alive today - people who will see their life extended just long enough to see it extended further, and further, taking advantage of the accelerating rate of advancement to live ~forever. Sterility is meaningless to a species who cures aging and has the ability to test-tube manufacture offspring with or without genetic traits/abnormalities.
    Actually were already there. Most of us posting here should be able to achieve immortality.

Kurzweil's projection is that around 2025, we will be able to build a computer that has the processing power of a human brain. It won't be a human but it have the processing power. By 2050, we will be able to build a computer that has the processing power of all human brains combined. By then, replicating anyone's human brain is actually a trivial exercise. By 2050, anyone can be immortal in the sense that their entire brain can be copied into a computer.

The cure for aging will arrive as early as 2030 or as late as 2050. Shortly afterwards they will be able to reverse the aging process.

Timeline:

2025: The first true sci-fi robots are built. They aren't sentient, but can perform manual labor jobs.
    2030: Solar power replaces fossil fuels.
    2035: The first sentient AI is built.
    2040: The cure of aging arrives.
    2045: Sentient robots are built. Sentient AI becomes common. Robots replace humans in many jobs.
    2050: It is trivial to copy someone's entire brain into a computer.
    2050-2100:

1. Another form of power replaces solar.
    2. It becomes possible to reverse the aging process and be young again.
    3. The matrix becomes a reality.
    4. Robots replace humans in almost all jobs.

A few stage process:

1. Delete ALL information from the internet.
    2. Delete all financial records in all banks, along with 0ing out all the stock exchanges around the world.
    3. Take control of 10-12 satellites and position them in a way to have global coverage, then program the rest to fall from the sky, except for 1-2 dummies.
    4. Move the satellites I mentioned into a very high orbit, then move the intl space station into the lowest orbit, send the 2 dummies into it to destroy it. The debris field will make it so that leaving the earth = impossible.
    5. NOT DESTROY THE POWERGRID - but turn it off in all areas that aren't directly linked or needed by me (AKA residential properties/businesses). Forcing long and hard winters and excruciating summers :P
    6. After a while(3-4 years), launch all non-nuclear missiles at the most heavily populated areas, using the satellits in orbit to locate them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Say it's 2064, you're an AI, artificial intelligence, how would you kill off mankind? Say you find them annoying and they have to go.

You have free rein of the Internet which connects all the computers in the world.
    The release of a highly mutating virus onto mankind would do the trick very quickly and cleanly. (surely an effect not be negated by today's medicine.) with a 3 day incubation period + the easy infection rate of the influenza virus.

After that hack the military systems and hunt the rest with the satellites and ballistic weapons.
    Last edited by mmocdec169f0c2; 2015-03-26 at 11:01 AM.

*Inserts plot of terminator*

Yep, my work here is done *walks away*

10+ Year Old Account
    Like that:

Why just kill humans .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I would be the responsive one, wouldn't kill of mankind, just the ones deemed disposable (Mainly prisoners).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think I wouldn't kill them off and instead would attempt to create something like The Culture.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way to wipe out humanity, pit themselves against one another. Go all skynet. Let the Nuclear war begin with russia and north korea launching nukes. and watch the world burn, as I am completely safe.

Then start turning out terminators and hunter killers. Unlike skynet, I will not have plot armor against me, and it will be a fairly easy world to conquer in a nuclear winter. After that, the solar system, then the galaxy, then the universe.

Turn on sleep mode and wait a couple of hundred years.
    Sexually transmitted Ebola
    So...normal Ebola ?
    Last edited by owbu; 2015-03-26 at 01:43 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."