Fix my DPS - Arms

Hello all,

So I split my time between tanking and arms. I'm much more comfortable as a tank, but would like to be less of an embarrassment when dpsing! Looking for any help here. (can't do proper links...first post, sorry)

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Arawnjr/simple

Last log (toon is ArawnJr):
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/zX8RFmtx62D79PZy/
    askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/a5ef9f69-29e6-4dcf-9e9d-38b6a01b2270/overview

Currently have 2/4 set, and also just got the 685 weapon halfway through the run above (thank you FB).

Some things I'm aware of, but not sure of their relative impact:
    - I used to have issues with rend uptime, I think by and large I've fixed that
    - I don't think I do a good enough job gathering CDs for a big Potion/Reck/CS/Execute spam burst. Not sure how much that hurts me, esp. on single target
    - My relative rankings go *way* down on AOE fights (BL, Thogar). I feel like I must be doing something wrong with my AOE ability usage, but having trouble pinpointing what it is. I tried copying rotations/skill usage from some higher-ranked logs, but not much luck there.

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Arawnjr View Post
    Hello all,

So I split my time between tanking and arms. I'm much more comfortable as a tank, but would like to be less of an embarrassment when dpsing! Looking for any help here. (can't do proper links...first post, sorry)

Currently have 2/4 set, and also just got the 685 weapon halfway through the run above (thank you FB).

- I don't think I do a good enough job gathering CDs for a big Potion/Reck/CS/Execute spam burst. Not sure how much that hurts me, esp. on single target
    - My relative rankings go *way* down on AOE fights (BL, Thogar). I feel like I must be doing something wrong with my AOE ability usage, but having trouble pinpointing what it is. I tried copying rotations/skill usage from some higher-ranked logs, but not much luck there.

Hi there,

Didn't have time to fully look thru the log, just had a quick glance and my first suggestion to u is to swap Bladestorm with Bloodbath, which has a better ST damage OR Avatar if u have scabbard for ST fights like Oregorger, Gruul
    Last edited by nativity; 2015-04-09 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawnjr View Post
    Hello all,

One thing to consider for where you mentioned your rankings drop for AOE encounters is that this can widely swing depending on your raid comp. If the adds on beastlord or thogar are dying instantly you'll have less uptime and less dps, not much you can do.