Deleted

WoW and FPS/Ram problems

Ive been having some FPS problems in WoW, just by mouse-hovering a mob my FPS go down for some reason. Ive been trying lots of different stuff all over the internet to try to fix this issue and my last attempt was a ticket to Blizz.

I gave them 3 files they usually request: DxDiag, MSinfo and Pathping.

Recieved this answer: Looking over your system files, everything seems ok apart from your RAM or Memory. While you have 4GB installed, only 2.96GB is recognised by the PC and worse still, the available memory you had when running the MSinfo file was 836MB. This is far below the requirement of 2GB needed as a bare minimum for the game to run so I think its the main cause of the issues you are facing.

What exactly could making this available memory only 836MB? Would love if someone could clarify this and/or give me some tips about this

If you are using a 32bit version of Windows, it will only recognize a max of 3.5GB of RAM. Add in the RAM usage of Windows itself, as well as other programs running, I can see it dropping down below what you need for WoW.

While you certainly should have more than 4GB of RAM for gaming, this sounds like odd behavior with tooltips. Have you tested if this happens with all of your addons disabled? Additionally, do you have a dedicated video card? An integrated chip could be reserving that 1GB of missing memory.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Yes thats one of the things i also tried, got the Cache WTF and INterface out and tried but still the same issue. I dont understand much about computers sorry.

If that integrated chip is idd whats causing this would there be a solution to it?

- - - Updated - - -

Ive also read about the 32-64 bit versions, is it easy to change or does it require something special?

You should post your system specs. All we can do right now is guess.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    Playing on a Laptop:
    - Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    -Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2,96 GB
    Available Physical Memory 611 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 5,93 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3,07 GB
    -OS Windows 7 ultimate

Dunno where to get more info sorry

Is there any program or something to know where is your memory being used ?

When i have WoW open i have 1.91GB of Available physical memory instead of the low numbers aparently
    Last edited by mmoc8e361ba68d; 2015-03-24 at 12:52 AM.