Heath Ledger's Joker Origin Story

What do you think it would be? I think my favorite fan theory is he is a war veteran.

• He references a truckload of soldiers being blown up as "part of the plan". Could reference vengeful thoughts towards a politician treating soldiers like pawns.
    • Extensive arms and explosives knowledge including rigging remote ones.
    • Seems to understand how the system works and trolls it.
    • No identity could mean he was a part of an elite military squad.

- Bipolar (when batman is beating him up during interrogation scene) (he also knew Batman was in the room the whole time while speaking with Gordon)

- Post Traumatic Syndrome (like mentioned, being a soldier)

- Mental in the sense of having delusional or diabolical morals. (He sees himself as the hero/protagonist.)

- High IQ, uses manipulation and deception rather than physicality. (Places batman in predicaments where batman must make tough choices.)

- To him greed and corruption is the fuel for Gotham while there are others that are in it for the competition. Some would rather be feared than respected like he's mentioned "some people just want to watch the world burn". (Terrorism basically.)
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2016-03-30 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    he has a throw away line like he is a veteran from afghanistan.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    he has a throw away line like he is a veteran from afghanistan.
    Wait what do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    My own theory put together on theories already existing. Again, I DID NOT WRITE THE THEORIES but I pieced them together to make my very own Joker origin.

Joker was an employee working for Wayne Enterprises. More specifically working as a chemist in the labs department. Well Joker was a prankster, always a happy go lucky guy with a normal life. A pregnant wife with a beautiful baby on the way.

Joker also had a problem. He had a gambling problem and everyone knew it. He buys into an illegal poker game and plays. The mobsters running the game dealt the cards and joker had 3 Aces and 1 wild card. The mob boss had 4 Kings. Unwanting to look bad in front of his men, the mob boss tells Joker his wild card is invalid. And he only has a 3 of a kind. Knowing this is complete horse shit, Joker expresses how upset he is. And says he wont pay a dime. He storms out of there and nobody moves a muscle.

One night as Joker is leaving the lab, he is ambushed by the mobsters henchmen. He is taking back inside the lab and he's given a phone. On the line was the mob boss who wants a certain chemical from the lab. Joker says he cant do it because he'd then be in trouble with the police. The mobster sends a picture of himself with his wife on the ground. And the mobster has his foot placed on top of the stomach. He tells joker if he doesn't get the chemicals they need, he's gonna get rid of the unborn child.

Joker terrified and afraid agrees and he goes to get the chemicals. They finally arrive to the room when all of a sudden Batman comes in and starts wailing on everyone. Unwilling to listen to reason, Batman beats every single one of them down and in the midst of all the chaos, joker is thrown over into a pool of other chemicals. Mixed along with the ones he was holding in his hands, the chemical reaction leaves joker pale and without any prints to identify him. Batman lets him live and that was the end of that.

Joker climbed out of the chemical pool and crawled his way to safety before the cops could arrive. He finally makes it home and opens the door. There he sees his wife bloody and laying on the floor. With scars on the sides of her mouth. And she's in fetal position holding a pulp of blood on her hands. Failing to bring back the chemicals like asked, the mobster went ahead and stomped on his pregnant wife until she lost the baby. Had Batman not interfered, he could've saved his family.

He turns his wife around and notices the mob boss left her with a Glasgow smile. Feeling guilty about getting into that situation, he tries to console his wife and even goes as far as to give himself a Glasgow smile. She cant stand the site of him and is taken away by the ambulance never to be seen again.

Joker goes into solitude... He wants nothing more than to pay back the people responsible for this. The Batman and the mobsters are all the same to him. Only with time and a perfectly executed plan will the Joker emerge once again.

Edit:

Im a HUGE and I mean HUGE joker fan. My profile picture is the same on other forums as well. I also have a couple paintings of The Joker. 1 fell down so I gotta put it back up but here they are:

Last edited by Rad1um; 2016-04-14 at 02:19 AM.

Deleted
    I think not knowing it, not even knowing who he is or his name adds to the character's appeal.

OR he could just be a comic book character and knows how to do all that stuff because that's how he's written. All this wanting to put real life stuff on a fictional character that isn't based on any factual person is just taking away from the character.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think not knowing it, not even knowing who he is or his name adds to the character's appeal.
    That's how Chris Nolan saw it too. He wanted the Joker to be an absolute, right from the get go, not someone we get to know or understand to any extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    OR he could just be a comic book character and knows how to do all that stuff because that's how he's written. All this wanting to put real life stuff on a fictional character that isn't based on any factual person is just taking away from the character.
    And your whiny post is taking away from the topic.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

In an upcoming story arch they are going to identify who the joker is.

http://www.slashfilm.com/jokers-true-identity/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Wait what do you mean?
    in the dark knight, the joker has a 1 off line about being a veteran from a war, and its believed his joker was a veteran from afghanistan (the war around that time)? i recall it very vividly.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree. It's why I dislike the theories for Suicide Squad joker being a previous Robin. I don't want my Joker to have a specific reason for doing things, a background, or anything of that sort. The joker I love is a mystery. He doesn't even know who he is. He likes to fuck things up to try and prove Batman wrong, to fuck with Batman, or just for a sensible chuckle.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    in the dark knight, the joker has a 1 off line about being a veteran from a war, and its believed his joker was a veteran from afghanistan (the war around that time)? i recall it very vividly.
    This is actually quite a popular theory regarding Nolan-Joker.
    When you consider some of the meticulous planning in setting up the robbery, the hand to hand combat he is involved in, the long term planning and strategy shown through out the film, including the bait and switch tactic with Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes, and finally the major clue in the speech

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
    That single line in dialogue, for a lot of people provide enough circumstantial evidence that the Joke is a war veteran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What do you think it would be? I think my favorite fan theory is he is a war veteran.

• He references a truckload of soldiers being blown up as "part of the plan". Could reference vengeful thoughts towards a politician treating soldiers like pawns.
    • Extensive arms and explosives knowledge including rigging remote ones.
    • Seems to understand how the system works and trolls it.
    • No identity could mean he was a part of an elite military squad.
    Its still too soon for me... I just can't... I'm sorry!

I like they incorporated the idea "If I have to have an origin, I'd rather it be multiple choice" into the presentation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    I completely agree. It's why I dislike the theories for Suicide Squad joker being a previous Robin. I don't want my Joker to have a specific reason for doing things, a background, or anything of that sort. The joker I love is a mystery. He doesn't even know who he is. He likes to fuck things up to try and prove Batman wrong, to fuck with Batman, or just for a sensible chuckle.
    I think people are latching onto that theory because.... they really want there to be a "real" Joker out there rather than one with "Damaged" tattooed on his forehead.

I agree with this, but another part of what makes it fun is speculating about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post

- High IQ, uses manipulation and deception rather than physicality. (Places batman in predicaments where batman must make tough choices.)
    generally nonsense, and only applicable to those who really can't figure out alternatives to fists. but you can be quite capable of using alterantives to physicality and choose not to.

You could also be a smart coward, too afraid to use physicality when it's the most effective, least damaging option, but you're just woos and have to manipulate instead because of fear and not intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    generally nonsense, and only applicable to those who really can't figure out alternatives to fists. but you can be quite capable of using alterantives to physicality and choose not to.

You could also be a smart coward, too afraid to use physicality when it's the most effective, least damaging option, but you're just woos and have to manipulate instead because of fear and not intelligence.
    He has the mind and body, but his highest advantage and whats most emphasized is his experience in manipulation, deception and being a confidence artist. Whether it was the boats with the bombs or making batman choose the death of one and saving the other are the tough predicaments he chooses because he finds pleasure out of it.

He has his own views and perspective on morality and wants to show the flaws and how society/humanity should be. This is not a weak man, but what he is known for compared to all the other Batman villains is his mind than the body. That's what I meant.

Deleted
    I liked The killing joke origin and story. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman...e#Plot_summary