Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't really see why not. Blizzard could very easily make it so that the people queueing for Normal Raids aren't thrown into pre-made groups, and vica versa. If you enter through the Raid's main entrance, you are not applicable to match making ,and if someone drops, then they'll need to be replaced through the Pre-made group finder.

In the same capacitiy, by queueing through the Raid Finder for a Normal Mode raid, you cannot interact in any capacity with those in pre-made groups. There, problem solved. If you don't want to deal with the potential of wiping with randoms, then don't queue for Normals, and continue running them as you are now using your Guild or Pre-made Group Finder.

I honestly don't see how giving options to people is a bad thing. Blizzard didn't nerf Normals in WoD despite people using the pre-made group finder to form PuGs for them, I don't see why that would suddenly change if they allowed people to queue into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    So you want to turn Normal into LFR? No thanks. Keep the LFR raiders in LFR.
    It's the slow creep of handouts. First, they just want to see the content. Then they want LFR to have tier and model parity with raid loot. It's only a matter of time until raiding is swallowed up entirely.

No thanks. LFR and auto-match making already exist. Normal + have the LFG tool. Auto-match making is not needed nor wanted IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleji View Post
    Excellent idea! It would surely appeal to many casual players who don't currently raid.

The only problem I see is that the content would have to be tuned down because such groups probably wouldn't do too well and would get discouraged from constantly wiping... little coordination, probably a lot of low-skill players, etc.

So I propose that instead of re-tuning normal for this new system we could introduce a new difficulty level specifically for this group finder. We could call it "Looking for Raid" to match the "Looking for Dungeon" tool introduced in the last expansion!
    lol... bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    I don't really see why not. Blizzard could very easily make it so that the people queueing for Normal Raids aren't thrown into pre-made groups, and vica versa. If you enter through the Raid's main entrance, you are not applicable to match making ,and if someone drops, then they'll need to be replaced through the Pre-made group finder.

In the same capacitiy, by queueing through the Raid Finder for a Normal Mode raid, you cannot interact in any capacity with those in pre-made groups. There, problem solved. If you don't want to deal with the potential of wiping with randoms, then don't queue for Normals, and continue running them as you are now using your Guild or Pre-made Group Finder.

I honestly don't see how giving options to people is a bad thing. Blizzard didn't nerf Normals in WoD despite people using the pre-made group finder to form PuGs for them, I don't see why that would suddenly change if they allowed people to queue into them.
    The largest and most destructive change would be the splitting of the populations. There already exist population problems (see all the whiners and how they are never allowed in group without ilvl 950 and AOTC of next years raid) that are semi-apparent.

The split population of auto-matching versus manual matching would lead to neither being strong nor good. Thus why it should and hopefully never will occur.

The system you're talking about is called LFR. Lets be honest here. You aren't going to find many people queing into 'normal raid finder' who know the raids. So they would have to nerf them because people looking to que that way aren't looking to spend 8 hours on one boss. That's exactly what LFR is. It's the watered down version of the raid so people can see it.

Heck even now 6~ months into Highmaul and people still don't know the fights. You're expecting to much of the community and this like the selfie camera would be a waste of development time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    You're expecting to much of the community and this like the selfie camera would be a waste of development time.
    Heresy; already the selfie camera has helped me kill two new bosses and long may it continue.