Deleted

Hota/Hoth titles, variation?

Hey. Hota/Hoth titles share a lot with rank 1 ones, they are rewarded to a small top %, and they are permanent. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is why they have no prefix like rank 1 arena titles, even though the first one (s9, vicious) http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5...liance-vicious , and ever since has been called viscious in the achi. Atm it's like if you get hero title once - there is absolutely no reason to go for it again, or even to play RBGs again really, you can get the same cap from 2s.
    By giving a prefix like for arena, I think we would gain these benefits:
    * more people actively playing RBGs, at competitive level.
    * possibly more tournaments which is good for the community.
    *overall more active pvp community.

Opinions?

Speculative reasoning: hero is supposed to be more comparable to basic glad. Both have always been a percentage-based cutoff, and the same number at that. Rank 1 titles went hand-in-hand with team rosters, and likely only exist in the current system for legacy purposes (i.e. they were already a thing). If rbgs were implemented with the less flexible roster system, we'd probably have rbg r1s too.

That said, I do like the idea. I just think there a couple problems with it, and probably an easier solution. Most significantly, I don't think new titles would provide any more incentive than the current FoS. People are very nostalgic about this game, and there's a bit of a mindset that anything newer is worse. The result of this would be that noone would ever use Primal Hero if they had any earlier one. People would still play for the new titles, but it would be the same people that are doing it now anyway.

I think the more thorough solution is to make hero even more like basic glad--that is, temporary. When a title goes away, you have to keep playing every season to defend it. It may not be much of a motivator, but it's something. Some people just take a little push. You could try other incentives too. Again with the glad parallel, maybe add a mount to hero? Even a reskin of a vicious war mount each season could go a long way towards bringing in or retaining some competitive-level players.

Also I hate to be that guy, but Blizzard really needs to do something about the cancerous community that currently runs rbgs. More than anything else, I think banning some ddosing scum would do wonders for competition. People would have more fun when they can actually compete, instead of half their team disconnecting whenever they queue into a real team. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipyo View Post
    Hey. Hota/Hoth titles share a lot with rank 1 ones, they are rewarded to a small top %, and they are permanent. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is why they have no prefix like rank 1 arena titles, even though the first one (s9, vicious)Opinions?
    You answered it right there.

Hero = Top 0.5% RBG
    Gladiator = Top 0.5% Arena

(inset season) Gladiator = Top 0.1% Arena.

So yeah a prefix would seem reasonable but for the top 0.1% of RGB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    You answered it right there.

Hero = Top 0.5% RBG
    Gladiator = Top 0.5% Arena

(inset season) Gladiator = Top 0.1% Arena.

So yeah a prefix would seem reasonable but for the top 0.1% of RGB.
    Alright I feel ya - but then please do share some mounts to give a incitament to keep playing rbgs My mates response:
    Well, what would be nicer than diffrent title names etc would be something cosmetic or a mount. gotten hoth twice and x3 diffrent chars with HWL and i just cant see why reason to do Rbgs anymore. Sure you are supposed to play because its fun and not because of rewards.

But well just my point of view.

Stopped playing Wow anyways the pvp is ruined for me....
    X1 glad x2 hoth around 800k lifetime HKs on this acc.

Wish they added something new to pvp and not player vs bots but thats off topic!