10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Quoting myself just to clarify what I am referring to.

Having taken a character to early 20s and having tried both queuing systems (dungeons and small-scale pvp), I can say that for the EU server (PC) both queues pop reasonably quickly, about 15mins for dps in a dungeon and about 2-3 mins for a battleground. Both for random q at what I imagine is prime time. On the other hand, I tried to get a specific dungeon once due to quests and I was waiting for 35mins (and the whole group was qqing when they saw the dungeon they got because apparently it was a shit dungeon lol)!

Anyway, so far the game is really nice and I have never played an ES game before. The only thing that bothers me is that since I haven't really figured out the whole itemisation/collection/crafting system yet, I have reached the point where I spent as much time trying to empty my bags in an "informed" manner as I do doing quests/exploring/participating in group activities. But anyway, I will figure that out soon enough I guess.

PS thanks to @Lazuli for mentioning the discount for the DLCs, much appreciated.
    Honestly the system is rigged you gotta pay the monthly to get the crafting bag or you'll fill your shit up constantly. But it is worth the sub though.. if you enjoy the game, it's a great amount of content. Playing BfA now so cancelled until the drought lol still I got a steal and have something to play during down time.

15+ Year Old Account
    By chance would anyone in here that plays on PS4 have the ability to share a werewolf bite, want to try out werewolf but cant seem to catch a full moon in game.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Honestly the system is rigged you gotta pay the monthly to get the crafting bag or you'll fill your shit up constantly. But it is worth the sub though.. if you enjoy the game, it's a great amount of content. Playing BfA now so cancelled until the drought lol still I got a steal and have something to play during down time.
    To be honest, I have seen this in other B2P/F2P games too and they all had their (money-spending) ways to mitigate the issue. But you are right, I am enjoying the game so I will probably sub, it's just that being a dinosaur from the stone age, I want to get my "free" month first before putting a sub in .

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I have seen this in other B2P/F2P games too and they all had their (money-spending) ways to mitigate the issue. But you are right, I am enjoying the game so I will probably sub, it's just that being a dinosaur from the stone age, I want to get my "free" month first before putting a sub in .
    The Sub is worth it. They are even increasing the rewards for ESO+ members. Before the increase, all you got was 1,500 crowns a month and a crafting bag.

Now it will be 1650 crowns per month, crafting bag, and access to exclusive offers in the Crown Store including a free item every month.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly with the price for the base game and ESO+ I have got way more fun to dollar ratio so far and I just recently hit level 50 (for me every dollar spent should equal 1 hour of fun).

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

15+ Year Old Account
    Subbing is well worth is. When I bought the game I subbed my first month. When I didn't have the money in my bank account to pay for my month a few months later I was hurting for that week because of the crafting bag alone. Now there are a ton of features added that make it worthwhile to sub. Previously it was only the 1500 crowns, increased exp, access to dye costumes, access to all the DLC, and the crafting bag. This is copy & paste from the ESO site showing the comparison between non-member & members

DLC Game Packs Purchase DLC game packs Full access to all DLC game packs1
    More Crafting Storage No crafting storage bonus Unlimited storage for crafting materials2
    Free Crowns No free crowns 1500 crowns per month for mounts, pets, & more
    3 Extra Bank Space No extra bank space Double Bank space for your account
    More Gold & XP No bonus gold & XP 10% increase to Gold & Experience acquisition1
    Bonus to Crafting No bonus to crafting 10% increase to Crafting Inspiration & Trait Research rates
    1 More Furniture Space No extra furniture space Double Furnishings & Collectibles space in player housing
    Costume Dyeing No costume dyeing Exclusive ability to dye costumes
    Transmutation Crystals No bonus to currency cap Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals

All that being said, I came here for some advice about the game from the other people playing it on MMO-Champ

So it has been a while since I played ESO and I've recently got back into the game thanks to the 100k gold claim giveaway. The problem is I am certain so much has changed since I played last and now I'm confused. Because of this I'm turning to the forums here to ask for help with a few questions.

1. What is a good class & build for a tank these days?
    2. I'm guessing a healing templar is the standard healer people want which I'm ok with because I had enjoyed playing a healing templar. What is a good build for one & what gear sets should I be aiming for?
    3. For a magika ranged caster, what is a good class & build?
    4. Is using a bow for dps viable & if so what class and build makes it good?
    5. For a melee dps what's a good class & build?
    6. A follow up to the first question is how does one make a sorc tank?
    7. Is there a cap to how many champion points you can earn?

Some additional information I should give. This is all in regards to PvE not PvP because I didn't care too much for PvP when I did it. I am CP 182 so I do have champion points to spend so when I'm asking for "builds" that includes how I should be spending CP. Oh also is there any skill lines I should be using/buying for any of those questions above?

Thanks ahead of time for any advice you can give!
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2018-09-09 at 08:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    1. What is a good class & build for a tank these days?
    2. I'm guessing a healing templar is the standard healer people want which I'm ok with because I had enjoyed playing a healing templar. What is a good build for one & what gear sets should I be aiming for?
    3. For a magika ranged caster, what is a good class & build?
    4. Is using a bow for dps viable & if so what class and build makes it good?
    5. For a melee dps what's a good class & build?
    6. A follow up to the first question is how does one make a sorc tank?
    7. Is there a cap to how many champion points you can earn?

1&2 cant really help there since I don't tank or heal
    3. Elemental sorcs are pretty good know a few that hit in the 50-55k DPS range
    4. The highest DPS Stamblade builds require a bow so they can be viable
    5. Alcasts Rampage stamblade build is pretty good usually hits from 50-60k DPS
    6. Dunno since I don't tank
    7. Current cap is 780 with the wolf hunter DLC

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Dragonknights are still the go-to for tanking in ESO.
    2. Templar healer is still the most common but Warden healers are quite good as well.
    3. Magblades are the top dps right now for magicka.
    4. Using a bow as primary dps? They're meh. But they are generally the back-bar weapon of every stam dps class.
    5. Stamsorc and stamblade are dah best.
    6. Never made one myself since I've never ran across one I liked.
    7. There is no cap on how high you CP level can be, but with the current DLC of Wolfhunter, you only receive a champion point to spend up to CP780. Which gives you 260 points to spend in each constellation.

As for builds, I don't really use anyone else's. Alcast is a good start, I guess. Just don't copy his builds and expect to be godtier or anything. You gotta adjust the builds to your playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time subscribing ever. I played the free version to level 20 with my Dark Elf Dragon Knight. Made a High Elf Warden and am having fun so far!

I researched about the different types of game play styles for Warden which seem interesting. I think I am going to try Stam Bow/dw. I might delete him though and try Wood Elf instead of High Elf.

Summerset is really pretty.

I really wish there was a bard class.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Loot everything if you're subscribing. I'm not kidding. All the random boxes and barrels? Loot them all, as all the crafting materials that usually clutter up your bags go directly into a separate, infinite crafting materials bag. And the best part? They stay there and are accessible after your sub ends. You can't keep adding, and if you take something out and put it in your inventory you can't put it back (unless you resub), but it's a great way to horde a whole mess of crafting materials should you ever want/need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Loot everything if you're subscribing. I'm not kidding. All the random boxes and barrels? Loot them all, as all the crafting materials that usually clutter up your bags go directly into a separate, infinite crafting materials bag. And the best part? They stay there and are accessible after your sub ends. You can't keep adding, and if you take something out and put it in your inventory you can't put it back (unless you resub), but it's a great way to horde a whole mess of crafting materials should you ever want/need them.
    Well thank you for that solid advice! You can level all professions correct? It's not like WoW where you are stuck with 2 main professions? Ex. I want to level JC and Cooking(I can make beer right?) plus woodcrafting, and w/e?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Well thank you for that solid advice! You can level all professions correct? It's not like WoW where you are stuck with 2 main professions? Ex. I want to level JC and Cooking(I can make beer right?) plus woodcrafting, and w/e?
    Yep, you can level everything just by going to the appropriate crafting stations. You get experience by dismantling items as well, and there are some items with specific mods that will either grant bonus crafting experience for dismantling or bonus gold for selling (it makes it clear on the item if it does either).

its actualy faster to level by dismantling than by crafting (has to be stuff crafted by someone other then yourself, or just world drops. you can dismantle staff you crafted, but it gives almost no xp when you do that). its also in some ways easier to have all the gear crafting on the same character as then you can just consolidate all the motif (gear appearance style basically) knowledge on a single character. so clothing, woodworking and blacksmithing. personaly I just consolidated my crafting on a single character - its just easier for me to keep track of things.

bear in mind - crafting uses the same skill points as your combat skill lines, so you will need to gather extra skill points if you want to max out both. there are more then enough skill points in game, but they take time to gather. last but not least - if you decide to be serious about crafting - I would suggest starting trait research as soon as possible. I would also suggest getting certified. there are NPC's in all 3 starting faction zones as well as primary cities of expansions that will offer certification quests. Milenith for gear stuff, Danel Telleno for consumables and enchants and the jewelcrafting guy is only in Alinor/summerset at the moment. this will allows you to do daily crafting quests which can also be helpful for leveling professions and plus - its a bit of extra gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    One month of subbing allows you to put stuff into the crafting bag which is account wide. Once you unsub you'll still have access to using what's in the bag but you can't put more stuff INTO the bag. Also when you do craft, it uses what is in your inventory before going to the crafting bag. The other thing you can do is what my boyfriend and I have been doing. Make a guild and use the guild bank to store BOE items, materials, potions, or anything else that's not account/character bound until you want to use it. The RL friend that got me into playing the game quit about a year and a half ago so that's what my boyfriend and I have been using when our banks get full of stuff.

Subbing will eventually pay for itself in the 1500 crowns you get every month for subbing. That allows you to get the perks of a member AND being able to buy the DLCs you enjoy for when you quit subbing.

so... summerset upgrade is on sale at 33% off AND there is a community even starting sep 20th - ending sep 28. twitch drops for all ESO streams will be enabled (that basically means gems to buy crown crate stuff you might want), but what is more... if we hit all the goals - owners of summerset will get free pet, mount and a giant VERY pretty manor house.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/54801

I'm reasonably sure community goals WILL be hit, so... at current costs, its a hell of a deal (house can be previewed in game already and its a beaut)

10+ Year Old Account
    They also announced starting in November you will get more stuff from ESO plus.

150 additional crowns per month, so 1650 per month. Occasional free collectibles from the crown store; the first one, for example gives you a free costume. Discounts on select items on the crown store on a rotating basis. And finally items in the crown store exclusively available to ESO Plus members.

I am wary of the last one, but the rest of those are nice since they are just getting more stuff for the same price. The last one I am wary of because to me that reads like "instead of releasing stuff to everyone like we have been, we will now release some of it only to paying members, so give us even more money if you want it..."; which would be scummy. Only time will tell on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I am wary of the last one, but the rest of those are nice since they are just getting more stuff for the same price. The last one I am wary of because to me that reads like "instead of releasing stuff to everyone like we have been, we will now release some of it only to paying members, so give us even more money if you want it..."; which would be scummy. Only time will tell on that one.
    Sorta? I mean, if you're subbing you're getting those extra crowns, and you pretty quickly are able to purchase all the DLC and can just start accumulating them. I see few issues with subscriber exclusive cosmetic items. It's not as if subscribing for a month and getting >$15 in currency is a bad deal, you're already getting more crowns for the $15 than you would straight buying $15 of crowns from the cash shop plus the other perks that come with it.

Seems like they're continuing to make a push to make the subscription more and more attractive rather than penalizing non-subbers, and I'm perfectly happy with any game that takes that approach.

They also announced starting in November you will get more stuff from ESO plus.

150 additional crowns per month, so 1650 per month. Occasional free collectibles from the crown store; the first one, for example gives you a free costume. Discounts on select items on the crown store on a rotating basis. And finally items in the crown store exclusively available to ESO Plus members.

as long as its just cosmetics, I'm not sure how that differs from loyalty rewards they did before and number of games are still doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seems like they're continuing to make a push to make the subscription more and more attractive rather than penalizing non-subbers, and I'm perfectly happy with any game that takes that approach.
    That's what I was alluding to with my wariness... Say for example up until now (made up numbers) each crown crate has had 20 new items and 5 new mounts you could get. But after this change, they will only have 16 new items and 4 new mounts available to everyone, and 4 items and 1 mount exclusive to ESO Plus... I think that would be bad because, as you say, it would be penalizing non-subs by taking potential rewards away from them.

But if new crown crates going forward still have the same 20 new items and 5 new mounts as before... And then those exclusive items are on top of that, that would be ok, IMO, because once again as you said, it would provide incentives for subscribing, not penalize non-subs.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2018-09-18 at 07:56 PM.

That's what I was alluding to with my wariness... Say for example up until now (made up numbers) each crown crate has had 20 new items and 5 new mounts you could get. But after this change, they will only have 16 new items and 4 new mounts available to everyone, and 4 items and 1 mount exclusive to ESO Plus... I think that would be bad because, as you say, it would be penalizing non-subs by taking potential rewards away from them.

But if new crown crates going forward still have the same 20 new items and 5 new mounts as before... And then those exclusive items are on top of that, that would be ok, IMO, because once again as you said, it would provide incentives for subscribing, not penalize non-subs.
    aaah, I see what you mean. hopefully they do not go this route. there are far too many fillers in crown crates as it is.