Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    A little off-topic, but if an MMO came out that managed to combine GW2's horizontal progression/world events and ESO's quest system/lore (among other pieces from each game), I will have died and gone to heaven. They are my two favorite games right now, and each one does some aspects soo well that I find myself constantly hopping back and forth.
    Not to get too off-topic, but what's the problem with GW2's system/lore? Or, to rephrase: Why do you favor TES' system/lore over the former?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Not to get too off-topic, but what's the problem with GW2's system/lore? Or, to rephrase: Why do you favor TES' system/lore over the former?
    Probably that there isn't any. One of my big complaints about GW2 is not knowing WTF was going on most of the time. The ones who seem to appreciate GW2's lore, such that is is, either played GW1 or were interested enough to do out-of-game research. Maybe GW2's gotten better with it, but even during their Living Story much of the story and character development that should have been in game had to be read on their website. Likewise, while I do enjoy dynamic events that's all GW2's world is and with the exception of a few long event chains with some minor voice acting there's little story to be had.

I could sum up my feeling of immersion in GW2 with the personal story. Once that ended I felt zero connection to the world or any of its characters. This is in stark contrast to ESO. I also like the phasing in ESO. When I do something it has a lasting effect, whereas whatever I did in GW2 would reset within 5-15 minutes.

As far as world events, I think I preferred Rift's. GW2's were too easy to zerg down in seconds as players rushed through the pre-events to get to the boss that would only be alive for less than a minute itself much of the time. As a solo player, I like ESO's system of dynamic events with the daedric summoners, the dueling mages, the bandit traps, rifts, etc. Plus, it's fun to try to find where the voices are coming from instead of seeing a huge orange circle on my mini-map. Course, your tastes may vary. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I don't really mind GW2's quest system, but it's a little too "hands off" for me. I found myself grinding for level-up so I could get to the next part of the personal story (which was really well done imo). ESO suffers from that sometimes too with the "main" storyline being a little too spread-out, but it makes up for it with how much the zones have their own unfolding storyline. Plus I'm a sucker for voice-acting. SWTOR and TSW also rank on my top list for storytelling in MMOs.

Lore-wise, I'm a little biased towards ESO simply because I've played TES games since Morrowind, so I'm way more familiar with the background. But the big problem with GW2's lore for me is that I picked it up about halfway through season 2, so the living story means absolutely zilch to me. There's literally no way for me to see what happened in season 1, outside of going to the wiki or searching youtube videos. And once I hit 80, they started me off with season 2, but episode 5 or 6, with no other lead-up. So I have absolutely no idea what's going on, or why I should care about any of these people, outside of maybe Caithe and Trahearne. I can at least buy the previous episodes of season 2 (or get a friend to walk me through it), but I haven't done that yet because I simply have no attachment to it.

I got a Scarlet Briar mini-pet from a lockbox in my first few days of playing the game. I had to look online to find out who that even was, because nothing in the game will tell you, unless you were there for it. But hey, there was this really cool youtube video about it. XD

New trailer, with the catch phrase: "The Elder Scrolls With Friends".

Oh Zenimax, I thought you had realized by now what your game was and how to market it correctly, because now your giving potential customers the wrong impression.

Panther mount coming to the crownstore soon sadly it's another limited time mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what is the wrong impression the trailer gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Ordered the collector edition for Ps4 can't wait for it to get here

Seems they did add a instance group/teleport system for dungeons on the console version that works like WOW. I just wonder how are they going to handle the raids.

Also.....fuck the trophys for the game. Getting the platium on the ps4 will be near impossable since you have to reach rank 1 on the pvp leaderbord.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It must be the future console players thanks to whom the game is priced at $83 in their store/Steam. I wonder if they are coming with some sensible price after June 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It must be the future console players thanks to whom the game is priced at $83 in their store/Steam. I wonder if they are coming with some sensible price after June 9.
    Currency conversion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Currency conversion.
    He's a troll, been trolling here since beta. No point answering him; he does not care about the answer and will be back with another complaint once he can make up another lie or whatever.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    He's a troll, been trolling here since beta. No point answering him; he does not care about the answer and will be back with another complaint once he can make up another lie or whatever.
    It's not just this game. It's just about every single MMO discussed on this site. No idea what motivates some people.
    BAD WOLF

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...-sale-521--526

Starting on Thursday, May 21st, we're introducing a new Crown Store limited-time offer and holding a closeout sale on select items—read on for all the details!

The sleek Black Senche-Panther mount will be available in the Crown Store for a limited time. It will cost 2,500 crowns and be available starting on May 21st at 10AM EDT. The mount will be removed from the Crown Store on May 26th at 10AM EDT for both megaservers.

Several items will also be 50% off in the Crown Store from May 21st at 10AM EDT through May 26th at 10AM EDT. After the sale ends, these items will be removed from the Crown Store for the time being. The qualifying items are listed below.

Costumes
    Blacksmith
    Chef

Motifs - All nine common Racial Motifs (not the packs)
    Argonian
    Breton
    Dark Elf
    High Elf
    Khajiit
    Nord
    Orc
    Redguard
    Wood Elf

Mounts
    Dapple Gray Palfrey
    Gray Yokudan Charger

Pets
    Bantam Guar
    Striated Pony Guar
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Hmm...kind of torn on the chef's outfit. I wish the hat didn't have those side-flaps, they look dopey to me. And I'd only be buying it for the hat anyway (which also, I want to be able to mix-and-match costume pieces, Zeni)

I have a huge amount of nostalgia for my Skyrim character, who was an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood. He was very professional, but a little unhinged during the DB quest chain (Skyrim spoilers) to assassinate the Emperor, where he had to assassinate the greatest chef in all the land, The Gourmet, and assume his identity in order to get closer to the Emperor's banquet hall. Well, my guy did that, and of course he took The Gourmet's clothes to disguise himself. But something broke in his mind after the whole affair was over...he kept The Gourmet's hat, at first as a souvenir, but then...he couldn't STOP pretending to be The Gourmet. In fact, he WAS The Gourmet. The Gourmet, greatest chef ever known, and greatest assassin ever whispered of, became one and the same.

I wore that hat everywhere, leaving sweet-rolls on the chest of every dead mark as a calling card, for the rest of the game. When my character eventually retired, he left that hat to my new character, who was the son of he and Aela, affectionately nicknamed, "Le Petit Gourmet". Who of course carried on his father's legacy of being a professional assassin and chef extraordinaire.

So the legend lives on.

Well, the panther looks awesome with my dark elf. Probably going to have to buy more crowns for the lion and the clouded leopard though if they continue this limited time/pricing theme. I thought I had a good amount built up, but didn't expect the cats to cost almost 3x the amount of the other mounts. Kind of sucks but, eh, ESO's the first MMO I've played that I loved so much I didn't gnash my teeth together when it came to buying the vanity items I wanted. As long as they keep giving me cats, I will probably keep giving them money. :P

They seriously need to add more character slots though. I still don't understand why they haven't yet.

Last edited by Lane; 2015-05-23 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They seriously need to add more character slots though. I still don't understand why they haven't yet.
    Because being a game that depends of a cash shop, they want to sell them of course...

Deleted
    Hello all, not sure if this has been answered already (apologies if it has):

I have paid (£12.99) for the PC to PS4 account transfer, I originally had the TESO Imperial Edition during BETA. Will I need to purchase the game again on PS4 to login to my cross-over or is a copy included in the transfer price?

Thanks in advance!

Because being a game that depends of a cash shop, they want to sell them of course...
    Except they're not doing that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Except they're not doing that either.
    That's what not giving more slots implies in these types of games.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I bought the imperial edition, Played it for a few weeks. I really don't think this game is for me at all.

I went in thinking that Elder Scroll mechanics from single Player games would make for a good change in an MMO, yet they have basically simplified or removed most of what made the single player games good just to get the game working like any other MMO.

That and the combat is likely one of the most dull combat systems I've used in an MMO. Here's hoping to a new single player TES game announced at e3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Try G2A, I managed to nab a copy of Imperial Edition for just under $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    So I bought the imperial edition, Played it for a few weeks. I really don't think this game is for me at all.

I went in thinking that Elder Scroll mechanics from single Player games would make for a good change in an MMO, yet they have basically simplified or removed most of what made the single player games good just to get the game working like any other MMO.

That and the combat is likely one of the most dull combat systems I've used in an MMO. Here's hoping to a new single player TES game announced at e3.
    Fortunately it was a "B2P" title.