Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some may, some may not. IIRC they've released content that didn't include linear gear progression.

It wouldn't be much different than needing to purchase an expansion pack/adventure pack (from EQ1/2 days).
    Indeed. Additionally it would be idiotic to include a power increase with every single zone released and that would make no sense considering the discussion that people of varying levels can participate. I just can't see this being the norm for their updates. I can see larger updates including new dungeons with better gear, but otherwise it seems like most power increases would have to be tied to expansion-esque content.

Ideally you could do this as your 4th quarter every year and there would be no need for large scale expansions for some time. They could offer small expansions similar to SWTOR or even EQ days at this pace.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Actually unsubbed from WoW and bought a copy of ESO (hell, anything's better than WoD...). I'd played the ESO beta about a year ago, and found it clunky and terrible, but I'm actually finding it rather enjoyable now, it plays - pretty much - like the other TES games, and the added melee abilities (such as Charge) makes combat that much more enjoyable. Not powering through the game at all, and only level 10, so no idea about the endgame, but currently I'm just lollygagging around in Daggerfall trying to figure out when the main quest continues.

8/10 really.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I know it may sound like I'm being a smartass here but, have you tried reloading UI? /reloadui
    Yeah. But I realized after I posted that it was probably an addon interfering, so I managed to find another chest and cycled through my addons until I found the offender before someone else grabbed the chest. Thanks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    it plays - pretty much - like the other TES games, and the added melee abilities (such as Charge) makes combat that much more enjoyable.
    It has robust addon support at http://www.esoui.com and has an equivalent of Curse Client with better capability, no ads, via their Minion program. If you used addons for wow it may make the game that much more enjoyable/comfortable for you. You should check it out.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So, crime can be a nasty business:

Lifted from a desk in the Wayrest bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Actually unsubbed from WoW and bought a copy of ESO (hell, anything's better than WoD...). I'd played the ESO beta about a year ago, and found it clunky and terrible, but I'm actually finding it rather enjoyable now, it plays - pretty much - like the other TES games, and the added melee abilities (such as Charge) makes combat that much more enjoyable. Not powering through the game at all, and only level 10, so no idea about the endgame, but currently I'm just lollygagging around in Daggerfall trying to figure out when the main quest continues.

8/10 really.
    Basically summed up my experience too
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It took me 5 days to make my character correctly b/c I would make a mistake or it would look slightly wrong once I got in game. One time I forgot to adjust the height slider so my character was too short.
    I screenshot-save all of my character customization. Having the reference has saved me so much time.

Edit: Did the old thread really have to be locked at page 1599? *twitch* :P
    Last edited by Lane; 2015-03-24 at 09:12 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It has robust addon support at http://www.esoui.com and has an equivalent of Curse Client with better capability, no ads, via their Minion program. If you used addons for wow it may make the game that much more enjoyable/comfortable for you. You should check it out.
    Never been a huge fan od add-ons in the other TES games, dunno why, for some odd reasons I tend to be a puritan when it comes to TES games and addons,- but sure, if there's an addon that'll tell me when the main story line wants me to go left or right, I'll check it out - odd really, since I usually tend to avoid the main questlines in TES games, as they are usually shit,- but I find that my motivation is, some what, different in ESO than in TES, could be that leveling up seems that much more important in ESO than in most TES games where it was rather boring, to the point of redundant.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Seems to work now, had to disable some other addons. Though it still says out of date on all addons strangely.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, if you're subbing you can just purchase it outright with the crowns that you get every month from your sub (1500 per month), so provided the DLC isn't 4500+ crowns (which seems ludicrous), you should easily be able to purchase the DLC as it comes out while you subscribe/pick up DLC you missed in between releases and have some left over for general cash-shop use. Seems like it would essentially work the same way TSW handles it (get currency each month, just use that to buy DLC).
    And the cool thing is if you dont like a new dlc, you can get your fill during the month, and unsub. You will still have the stuff you like because you bought it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Seems to work now, had to disable some other addons. Though it still says out of date on all addons strangely.
    Did you use esoui to update them? I recommend using minion to do it and it usually sorts itself out. If not there is actually an addon to 'cure' out of date addons which was mentioned in the last few pages of the closed thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    And the cool thing is if you dont like a new dlc, you can get your fill during the month, and unsub. You will still have the stuff you like because you bought it.
    Indeed. You don't have to keep paying for something you don't enjoy...a shocking divergence from modern MMOs that force you to continue to pay for things you don't like just to play any other part of the game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you use esoui to update them? I recommend using minion to do it and it usually sorts itself out. If not there is actually an addon to 'cure' out of date addons which was mentioned in the last few pages of the closed thread.
    Indeed. You don't have to keep paying for something you don't enjoy...a shocking divergence from modern MMOs that force you to continue to pay for things you don't like just to play any other part of the game.
    Also makes them want to make good content. If new content they make sucks, they get less money. People will unsub, AND not buy it. In WoW, if new content sucks, you still sub because you cant play anything unless you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I screenshot-save all of my character customization. Having the reference has saved me so much time.

Edit: Did the old thread really have to be locked at page 1599? *twitch* :P
    It kinda makes sense to have a new megathread since the payment model has changed. I wonder, though, when console release hits if it will still all be one megathread or one for PC/Mac and one for Console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    It kinda makes sense to have a new megathread since the payment model has changed. I wonder, though, when console release hits if it will still all be one megathread or one for PC/Mac and one for Console.
    Not sure. Since the game is no different except for the UI between the versions, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Not sure. Since the game is no different except for the UI between the versions, probably not.
    this, it got a new name tagged on Tamriel Unlimited... but it's not like the game changed really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    It kinda makes sense to have a new megathread since the payment model has changed.
    Oh, my comment wasn't about that. I think Greevir's done a great job with this thread, it was the page number. :P Couldn't have waited until the old thread hit an even 1600 pages? >_<
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Oh, my comment wasn't about that. I think Greevir's done a great job with this thread, it was the page number. :P Couldn't have waited until the old thread hit an even 1600 pages? >_<
    Yeah, I wanted to see it surpass Wildstar's megathread and be king of megathreads in the VG subforum! . Oh well, RIP in pieces old megathread.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I have a question about the Horse upgrade. I recently bought my common horse for 10k gold. i i have begun upgrading speed/stam/capacity on it. i will upgrade everyday but i wont be getting that draft horse for 42k anytime soon. will ALL my upgrade carry over from the common to the draft mount when i one day decide to buy it??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I have a question about the Horse upgrade. I recently bought my common horse for 10k gold. i i have begun upgrading speed/stam/capacity on it. i will upgrade everyday but i wont be getting that draft horse for 42k anytime soon. will ALL my upgrade carry over from the common to the draft mount when i one day decide to buy it??
    Mount upgrades now apply to all mounts on a character, not to any one mount.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll wait until the box price drops way back down. Not really in the mood to pay for a full price box game that will have paid for content on top of likely Expansions.

I'll just continue playing Skyrim with my 8GB's of mods.