kromog questions

We didn't get this far last week (I know, we're slackers). So I was reading up on him and I had questions.

I read that paladins could cheese the Grasping Hands through bubble/bop. If there's a rune that nobody stands on, do hands come up anyhow? Can mages iceblock through the ground slam/knockup, or hunters deterrence through, thus lessening the dps and healing requirements? Can a warlock or monk teleport out of a hand? Can a mage blink out of a hand?

I know we'll get to this soon enough and I can find out for myself, but it's quicker to ask you all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read that paladins could cheese the Grasping Hands through bubble/bop
    Yup.
    If there's a rune that nobody stands on, do hands come up anyhow?
    Yup.
    Can mages iceblock through the ground slam/knockup, or hunters deterrence through, thus lessening the dps and healing requirements?
    Yup.
    Can a warlock or monk teleport out of a hand?
    Nope.
    Can a mage blink out of a hand?
    No idea, the mages usually run with double blink glyph and it removes the stun blinking effect.

Once you are in the hand, there are only 2 way out, die or kill the hand. To avoid the mechanic, u must be out of the hand at first then use ice block, bubble etc..

By the way, the hand does not stun, it takes you into it but if you were stunned, you would not be able to cast or attack while you are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Can a mage blink out of a hand?
    You need to be in the hands to avoid the damage Kormog does.

From the dungeon journal: "Kormog places a mighty palm on the ground, summoning the very stone from the earth. Fists of stone grasp players, inflicting 8,474 Nature damage per second, but shielding them from Physical damage and holding them to the ground. The damage increases over time."

Can't deterrence as a hunter, or at last not worth it, you still get hurt, you can have 50% reeduction but it's still a lot of dmg.
    Also you won't be able to dps the hands because you will be flying and it takes a long time to land.
    TLDR: you still take a lot of damage and won't be able to help dps down the other hands, hunter AoE it's far from bad there.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

I havent tested it yet, but im going to try alter time out of one of the hands. I dont expect it to work but yeh. If they could it would mean mages can avoid every grasp.

Deleted
    I had good results with using Alter Time and then Greater Invis for the knock up. Both abilities were up for each one and allowed for increased DPS time onto the boss from not having to scramble to find a rune to stand in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    I had good results with using Alter Time and then Greater Invis for the knock up. Both abilities were up for each one and allowed for increased DPS time onto the boss from not having to scramble to find a rune to stand in.
    That plus blink means little to no damage in that phase. Although when we killed it (albeit only heroic) I was dpsing the tank and healers hands that were closest to myself.

A monk can transcendence the INSTANT they got popped up to avoid the fall damage but the slam damage is very high. You can definitely survive with avert harm + fort brew + Touch of Karma but the monk will need extra healing.

It is useful to do so as a monk can Touch of Death a grasping hand for say a tank or healer and do 300k+ damage to it to get them out quickly and they can do that for each grasping phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I was thinking it's like reverse musical chairs - if you add extra chairs in, the game gets easy even for slow people.

Any other class-specific tricks for the hands?

Hello guys. I don't want to make a new thread that's why I'll post here. I've just killed Kromog /heroic/ for 13th time 30 min ago and this is getting really annoying! For 13 kills I've never seen the helm of iron conqueror on heroic difficulty as a drop. I'v seen it as a bonus roll only. So my question is how many of you / paladins, warlocks and priests/ have it as a drop or have seen it to drop on heroic difficulty ? I know RNG is RNG - but 13 times seeing only the other 2 tokens is just too much. I remember at the begining of the expenasion I had a similar situation. I was farming a chest piece from heroic dungeons - the only item I didnt have. I spent like a week and no luck. I said myself again - RNG . And in the end Blizzard fixed the drop rate of the chests - the drop rate was really bugged .../ I knew it that it wasn't a rng - but how can I prove it / That's why I am asking random people now - to prove my theory
    Last edited by Morbeam; 2015-03-27 at 11:31 PM.

we had double conq. Token drop on mythic kromog and dropped alot in heroic and normal too, so i would say bad rng

Why would you even want to avoid the Grasping Earth? You're meant to take it in order to avoid the extreme damage Kromog follows the ability up with. It isn't just the knockup that's a pain, but the constant damage while he slams his hands around too. Only reason people should be cheesing by using immunities and massive DRs to survive outside of a hand is if their hand dies too early, or they somehow miss getting in one in the first place.