Gladiator Stance PvP Warrior?

Is gladiator stance at all viable in pvp? I mean even in a somewhat casual sense? I know people saying the removal of dispel on SS is a loss and lack of burst. is there any benefit to playing Glad stance Prot? other than it being most fun (IMO) over straight prot? I could not find a thread on this Please discuss! Should i just play it and be the most BA Glad warrior out there?
    Last edited by Papyscrap; 2015-03-27 at 12:36 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since glyph and damage increase via Glad´s Resolve was nerfed, no. But I had some real fun on the casual sector with protstance without Gladiator´s Resolve. Since all the main damaging abilities were buffed and the dispell glyph still works it is great fun to see people struggle to get you below the 50% mark just to witness last Stand + Enraged Regeneration fill you up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I just ran into this today. Straight prot is the way to go. Forget Glad. That being said, it is still only viable in the sense thats its fun to play. You just dont die and people get mad >=D and your damage is about the same if not more as straight prot.

As far as I know u dont have MS effect as glad, nor do u really have any dmg cds so, would say it's abit "meh" for pvp. could probably get around 2.2k ish in arena tho.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

I'd go real Prot as well. Glad has some advantages, but not enough. It should be noted though that Gladiators do not suffer from the 25% increased damage taken in PvP like "real" tanks (no, this was not removed in a hotfix, that was just the extra damage you take when a tank carries a flag). So that's a minor advantage to Glad as well, it actually takes 5% less damage than real Prot.

Still won't beat Dispel + Anger Management though.