Page 1 of 39
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ted Cruz to announce 2016 presidential bid on Monday (GGT)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/22/politi...-announcement/

The first-term senator from Texas will announce Monday that he's running for the Republican presidential nomination, CNN has confirmed from two aides to Cruz. He will make his official declaration in Lynchburg, Virginia, at Liberty University, the largest Christian university in the world.

The news was first reported by the Houston Chronicle.

Cruz, 44, will be the first candidate to formally throw his hat in the ring for what's expected to be a crowded GOP primary, with more than a dozen high-profile Republicans expressing serious interest in a White House run.

The Chronicle reports that Cruz will go straight to announcing his candidacy without first forming an exploratory committee, according to advisers with direct knowledge of his plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-03-22 at 03:29 PM.

Its shown clearly on his birth certificate............he is born in Candada.

Said it in the old topic but this does mean he can't be president even if elected....I mean after all of the shit Obama had to deal with the long and short birth certificate.

This has nothing to do with his horrible policy idea's...after years of accusing Obama being born in Kenya and thus making his election invalid how can Republicans even be taken seriously after this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would depend on the status of his mothers citizenship at the time.

Who cares about some ditzy Canadian. Tons of nutjobs say they're going to run. And eventually one of them does get elected. Just an American nutjob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Its shown clearly on his birth certificate............he is born in Candada.

Said it in the old topic but this does mean he can't be president even if elected....I mean after all of the shit Obama had to deal with the long and short birth certificate.

This has nothing to do with his horrible policy idea's...after years of accusing Obama being born in Kenya and thus making his election invalid how can Republicans even be taken seriously after this.
    Duh, Cruz isn't as dark and scary. /sarcasm

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can we get mayor Ford instead of this crazy Canadian?

Like it even matters he and Santorum will have a ton of fun making sure no rational individual can win the republican primaries and then lose them the general election again.

Well this should up the comedy factor of the election while highlighting how far off the rails "true conservatives" have gone.

Win/win?

I really want to see "Vulture" levels of mudslinging over this at the primaries over his citizenship. Or a splinter of Republicans (voters or politicians) question his viability after the Obama thing.

Either way, I'm getting my popcorn ready.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Can we get mayor Ford instead of this crazy Canadian?
    I would vote for him.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are all politicians such idiots?

Deleted
    https://www.facebook.com/SenatorTedC...17779935000978
    Just a friendly reminder that this did indeed happen
    I can´t take this clown and his ambitions seriously anymore.

Lemme explain the "birth citizenship" issue --

Ann Dunham is the only reason Obama's place of birth was of any legal significance. At the time of their respective births, for a US Citizen to confer birth citizenship on their children born outside the US, the citizen (i.e. Obama's/Cruz's parent/s) had to have lived continuously in the US for at least four years after the age of 14. Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, had not done so, which means if Obama had been born outside the US, her citizenship would not have been conferred on him at birth. He is a natural born citizen solely by virtue of having been born in the US.

Ted Cruz's mother had more than satisfied that requirement, so she could have given birth to him on Neptune and he would still have been a citizen at birth.

That is it, that is the difference, not partisan hypocrisy or any other mouth-breathing BS people will spout about it. Had Ann Dunham lived continuously in the US for four years after turning 14, she could have given birth to Obama on Venus and he'd have been eligible for office. Since she hadn't, his birth in Hawaii was how he obtained birth citizenship.

I am excited for all the birther stuff to be thrown at him during the republican debates. I'm sure they wouldn't hold back after the past 7ish years of throwing it at Obama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be interesting to see who makes a bigger fool of themselves in the primaries, Cruz or Perry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    That is it, that is the difference, not partisan hypocrisy or any other mouth-breathing BS people will spout about it. Had Ann Dunham lived continuously in the US for four years after turning 14, she could have given birth to Obama on Venus and he'd have been eligible for office. Since she hadn't, his birth in Hawaii was how he obtained birth citizenship.
    Yeah, but ..... he had birth citizenship, why all the fuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Like it even matters he and Santorum will have a ton of fun making sure no rational individual can win the republican primaries and then lose them the general election again.
    You mean Ol' Frothy? kek

Is that cunt Rick Perry running too? Fuck I hate him. We finally got that jackass out of the Governor's Mansion after what, over a decade, and I'll be damned if I have to see his moronic mug and stupid drawl on TV for 8 years.

Oh well, not much to worry about. Republicans will do their best to lose like they always do, but they will have some momentum with those drooling retards known as moderates who just vote reactively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

He can run for president of Canada.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He can run for president of Canada.
    I'd rather not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, how can he be serious? How can one be so ignorant of their own stupidity.