Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kenyan restaurant bans black Africans after 5pm (GGT)

http://observers.france24.com/conten...ate=2015-03-26

Africans could enter the premises. Since the Daily Nation newspaper first reported this shocking story on Monday, Kenyans have taken to social media to express their outrage. Much of the anger has been directed at Kenya’s rapidly growing Chinese community.

Esther Zhao, a manager with the Chinese Restaurant, said that the measure had been taken for security reasons, especially after the dining establishment was held up by armed robbers in 2013. She also mentioned rising terrorist threats in the capital.

“We don’t admit Africans that we don’t know because you never know who is Al-Shabaab and who isn’t,” Zhao told the Nairobi News. “It is not like it is written on somebody’s face that they are a thug armed with a gun.”

Zhao also said that the restaurant’s primarily Chinese clientele (the menus are written exclusively in Chinese) felt “more comfortable” without Africans. This policy apparently resulted in the banning of several black African VIPs, including the former Cabinet Secretary for the Interior Joseph ole Lenku, and former education secretary and presidential candidate Joseph ole Kiyiapi.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with that.

For instance, in some saunas and swimming pools, men are banned at certain hours. The same thing.

Your business, your rules.

I can't even imagine what circumtances they're living in.. Kenya is full of gangs and terrorists, it's like they're living in parallel Universe(

Deleted
    This surely won't make them a target.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess its easy for me to condemn such actions from the comfort of America. idk, as violent as it is in Kenya, seems like a really gray area to me.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    This needs to be drilled into people's heads, apparently. Don't like it, don't go to that establishment.

Nothing wrong with that.

For instance, in some saunas and swimming pools, men are banned at certain hours. The same thing.

I have to agree with this...
    Talking about discrimination is fine and dandy in the civilized world, in some less developed nations where violence, gangs and lack of civility is a daily routine, its a bit of a necessity, as amoral as it may seem in our eyes.
    That said, they probably just painted a target on themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    This needs to be drilled into people's heads, apparently. Don't like it, don't go to that establishment.
    Nothing wrong with that.

People like this... for some reason I suspect these are white males.

7+ Year Old Account
    what's the problem? their business, their rules who can be there

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    The guy in the OP is Chinese, and there can be no doubt that he thinks this way. Whites hardly have a monopoly on hating blacks, as Africa is beginning to find out wrt China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The guy in the OP is Chinese, and there can be no doubt that he thinks this way. Whites hardly have a monopoly on hating blacks, as Africa is beginning to find out wrt China.
    Indeed, white's don't have a monopoly on racism, I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    what's the problem? their business, their rules who can be there
    Well, we used to do stuff like that in the US back in the 1950's.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What, exactly, does that have to do with anything?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, we used to do stuff like that in the US back in the 1950's.
    what is your point?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this sort of thing. If people want to choose who they offer their business to then that should be their right - just as it's everybody else's right to avoid going somewhere where they don't feel welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    What, exactly, does that have to do with anything?
    I bet you can count the times you got discriminated for your skin color on one Hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I bet you can count the times you got discriminated for your skin color on one Hand.
    why does that even matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will just note

(of course this is a euro/amer statement, not a statement on kenya)

You can discriminate all you want

Just dont bother using any infrastructure that involves tax dollars from the people you want to discriminate against. So try to isolate your self as much as you can, make your own roads, use your own gasoline for the shipments you will be conducting on your own... etc.

Deleted
    There isn't anything like Asian guilt. You can accuse then as much as you want, they don't care. And they shouldn't care, like we shouldn't do.

For some reason I suspect that you're a self-hating White liberal.

Indeed, white's don't have a monopoly on racism, I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing :/
    Being as racism is a purely human trait, it's a good thing that whites aren't the only ones who do it. It's perhaps a bad thing that it is a human trait, but that's a different discussion altogether.