Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

how do you keep warm when radiator isnt enough?

its stupid cold outside and the radiators only lets the temperature inside to be 22c and am freezing even when wrapped in a blanket

how can i keep warm? or make the apartment warmer? despite radiator not making it warmer

at 22c you should be totally fine, maybe the temperature sensor is broken?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    at 22c you should be totally fine, maybe the temperature sensor is broken?
    it's not broken, am used to warmer places

Move to Florida.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I live in California , SF east bay and it ...stays around 70* F most of the year...I don't use much of the tips I am sending along.

From arctic training I had ....decades ago...I know these work.

Multiple loose layers of clothing(2-3 layers, tshirt then a button up or whatever THEN a loose sweatshirt) Socks and headgear in particular as well as a scarf/double hoodie.
    You NEED to consume food, obviously warm is best,Oatmeal etc etc.Especially if your trying to mover around and do things...if not , still eat WARM foods but ...layers and a blanket should keep you toasty.
    Having any skin expose is letting heat out , some areas more than others but , you are still loosing heat.

If it gets too extreme (Arctic levels) then we break out the saran wrap and vasaline..yeah...it works for things OTHER than "sexy party's"
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-03-26 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    chop your furniture and make campfire...or become fat for better isolation...or drink hot tea...or drink some scotch

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it where you live? Move

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Don't like it where you live? Move
    i like it except its cold

If you're sensitive to the cold I'd suggest investing in a thick blanket. The sort you can wrap around yourself to trap heat. Keeping doors closed will help as well - as will having frequent hot drinks and hot meals to keep up your strength and keep you feeling full. That helps a lot.

Don't be afraid to wear multiple layers of clothing, especially on body parts you note feel colder more easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I normally put my bathrobe/dressing gown on over my clothes and wear a pair of big fluffy slippers.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Procure a sun.

Yee'd no longer be cold.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Get a propane powered space heater.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your duvet.

Deleted
    Keeping your chest warm will help keep the rest of you warm. As long as your vital organs are comfy, the blood can be free to reach right down to your toes to keep them happy as well. Eat more. Food ~=energy, energy ~=heat. Get a hot water bottle to sit on/put within your clothes. =)

My mother is super sensitive to cold. Anything less than 28 degrees and she'll put the heating on. She has small slippers to wear inside her slipper-boots (think Uggs but fluffier).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Keeping your chest warm will help keep the rest of you warm. As long as your vital organs are comfy, the blood can be free to reach right down to your toes to keep them happy as well.
    No.
    The best way to keep yourself warm is to increase the ambient temperature.

Keeping your chest warm will do nothing good to your extremities (for good reasons).
    When your skin is exposed to cold, reseptors will alert your brain to restrict blood flow (and circulation) to the outer extremeties by constricting vessels, to protect your vital organs (by conserving heat).

Leaving other areas exposed will not satisfy the condition for the vessels to not constrict themselves.

Tldr: Dress more, protect exposed areas. A majority of the heat dissipates from your head so cover it.
    Last edited by mmoc3f6ff16fa0; 2015-03-26 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Close window and door to my room and let the computer do its thing.

Space heater, close the door to the room you are in. It will heat up really fast and as long as you aren't moving in and out of that room a lot, it will stay nice and warm for a long time!

If your insulation is bad, it will cool down a bit, still takes a long while though.

Deleted
    invest in a small cheap portable heater and drink lots of tea failing that raid your wardrobe for triple layers.

I love this thing... Problem is, it uses a LOT of Electricity. (Draws enough power on my older made house where I can't have on the same circuit as my computer, TV, or appliances in other rooms.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=B001H0EYJA
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Fire. Lots of fire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.