Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

will we ever go back to Northrend?

Would you like an expansion centered to the new lich king, Bolvar Foredragon?...or do you think Bolvar doesn't deserve its own expansion?

*...chills...*

that was back 2009/10... still no news from Bolvar! Almost 6 years passed, what do you think?
    Is it time to know something soon?

Please god no. Wrath was legitimately great, and returning to the continent will only sully its memory in the same way that WoD is marring TBC's.

Well you probably need some super cataclysm style event that suddenly turns all Northrend Zones upside down.

Personally wouldn't want to see that happen, Wotlk was quite controversial at release (like any WoW expansion) but the questing experience and the continent itself were great without question, changing that would put up huge estimation at the changed version.

Well, Kel'Thuzad is still out there and there may be some evil nerubians left in Azjol-Nerub. And what about the Drakkari trolls? Malakk was killed in ToT, but who knows what they're up to, they might be getting some help from the Zanadalari to retake their land.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go every week.

A return to Northrend might bring with it a fully fleshed out Azjol'nerub...

The poorest leveling experience on alts when compared to all the other versions of the game... I could not stop yawning.

I think we've seen the last of Northrend, at least in this game as we know it today. "There must always be a Lich King" Bolvar doesn't seem to have any plans but to remain a fireman trapped in a frozen casing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    The poorest leveling experience on alts when compared to all the other versions of the game... I could not stop yawning.

I think we've seen the last of Northrend, at least in this game as we know it today. "There must always be a Lich King" Bolvar doesn't seem to have any plans but to remain a fireman trapped in a frozen casing.
    I have to kind of agree here, and this is coming from someone that has had 1 of every alt at max level in WoTLk. It's cool and all but I got really tired of the same old leveling route since I hated certain zones to level in. Note, max level was fine in them but hated leveling there.

Borean Tundra 68-72/73ish
    Dragon blight 72/73-76
    Zul'Drak 76-77
    Scholizar - 77-78 (nesingwary, gotta love it.)
    Storm Peaks 78-79ish (hodir rep, gotta get them enchants)
    Icecrown 79-80

I hated Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

I think it's possible. I feel like Kel'Thuzad could eventually make his way to ICC and try to coax out more Nerzhul than Bolvar within the ice.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    no.
    Once an expansion has ended there is zero reason to go back and do it again, We can see the mess this caused with Cata.

No more nostalgia expansions please, Cata and WoD were enough.

I feel that WOTLK was a great expac and should be left as a great expac.

Azeroth
    Outland
    Northrend
    Azeroth
    Pandaria
    Draenor (Outland)

This clearly means we'll visit Northrend in about 2 expansions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    A return to Northrend might bring with it a fully fleshed out Azjol'nerub...
    This is the only reason I can see going back there unless they just want to make Bolvar Lich King 2.0 and he is corrupt...which would be a complete rehash ripoff where the Nerubian kingdom would be fresher.

Maybe like McNeil said, Kel'Thuzad could team up with Nerubians down below and we thwart his plans to corrupt Bolvar.

Well you probably need some super cataclysm style event that suddenly turns all Northrend Zones upside down.
    This sounds dope. Although there are a lot of people who get buttmad about phasing or parallel versions of zones so they might be mad if there was an old Northrend and a Northrend under siege by the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Azeroth
    Outland
    Northrend
    Azeroth
    Pandaria
    Draenor (Outland)

This clearly means we'll visit Northrend in about 2 expansions
    And so Pandaria after that?

Will we? Yes. Blizzard's absolutely idiotic "there must always be a lich king" setup practically demands that we go back, either because Bolvar goes crazy or because some other threat arises that he can't contain (most obvious candidate is Sylvanas deciding she wants to go full-on Lich Queen, but there are other options. Not the burning legion I don't think, they'll get something else.)

Should we? Not unless it's a completely new threat that has literally nothing to do with the scourge.

Side note, in direct contrast to people who complain about the leveling, WotLK was the last expansion I actually enjoyed leveling alts in. As far as I'm concerned, the experience of leveling alts has gone downhill pretty much every expansion.... you think WotLK was linear? Cata may have offered different paths, but you couldn't deviate at all within those paths. "Oh you want to do WPL? Well you start here, then you go there, and you can't skip quests you don't like because they're all connected, and if you don't do this drop quest you can't do the next quest hub, which means if you're questing with anybody else they better be on the exact same step or you can't do it."

And since that Cataclysm experience hasn't changed, leveling alts in MoP and WoD is just as bad, because regardless of what happens once you get to their respective continents, you still have to get through the 1-58 stage of idiotic 'on-rails' questing. (Or worse, suffer through levels of "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO" LFD leveling were it seems groups purposefully go out of their way to sacrifice fun in the name of efficiency, and then half the time don't even get the efficiency part right.)

because regardless of what happens once you get to their respective continents, you still have to get through the 1-58 stage of idiotic 'on-rails' questing.
    Except that you're wrong, because /90.

You can absolutely just play WoD as your leveling experience, and it is amazing. So you kind of lost this argument.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would like to revisit Northrend, I hope Kosak and Afrasiabi stay waaaaaay the fuck away from any possible Wrath 2.0.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-