Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    What role/position are you considering?
    Security, Electrical and anything between. But, I'll have to wait and see what they have in store for me on the Career Listings after the aptitude testing.

Partner's mother was in the Royal Navy (England) and said reserves is a bit of a stuff around so I just ticked full-time. If I want the best possible life experience, I'm either all in or nothing.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2015-04-01 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Congrats on having the fortitude to serve your country. Much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    They fight for corporate interests and the USA. We've never been threatened or invaded since WWII.
    sorry, but that was purely about corporate interests too. Just that they were European, so we don't hear about it so much. Same as WW1. What we hear about being the reasons for the wars being started is highly selective, and only a very small fragment of what was going on. Even Pearl Harbor was the result of trade negotiations which went wrong. There was no reason for England to even be involved in either WW1 or 2, but corporate interests and the "glory of war" mentality being what they were, was what happened and on a much larger scale and more drawn out than it otherwise would have.

And no, the wars did not drastically further technological progression. It halted much of it and then slowed much of it. And the intention behind them worked: those who stood to profit from the wars consolidated their wealth, and now we live in a world with very few people controlling most of the wealth, goods and resources. We now live in a world where the list of largest economies on the planet has more corporations than nations. And that was their purpose all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to my YOU Session. Did both tests (Analytical 75 questions and Math 25 questions) and felt confident on the Analytical but flunked to holy Hell on the Math test. Career adviser advises me to do a Course in Core Skills for Employment and Training because I fucked up on Math but scored strongly on the Analytical so they're willing to let me in once I complete the course. Plus side, my careers list is full of so many job roles.

Might go for Airfield Defence Guard, any Aussies in the Military happen to know more about this one?
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2015-05-19 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The military in our country NEVER fights for our freedoms. They fight for corporate interests and the USA. We've never been threatened or invaded since WWII. Acting as if we are threatened and that your service will help people here is true ignorance and proves how out of touch with reality you are. You wanna help people? Go volunteer at a homeless shelter or something that ACTUALLY HELPS PEOPLE, go to Africa and help the poor, travel the world and experience LIFE. War and violence is so fucking primal it disgusts me. We are on the verge of transcending to a higher state of existence and people like this still think OFFENSIVE WARS are saving our freedoms and shit.
    Lol oh God

/shoo

And I'm not from Aus but definitely rock it. My time in the military here was some of the best years of my life looking back. Plus if they offer college assistance or tuition or anything definitely take advantage of that. Well worth it.

Best of luck mate!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Went to my YOU Session. Did both tests (Analytical 75 questions and Math 25 questions) and felt confident on the Analytical but flunked to holy Hell on the Math test. Career adviser advises me to do a Course in Core Skills for Employment and Training because I fucked up on Math but scored strongly on the Analytical so they're willing to let me in once I complete the course. Plus side, my careers list is full of so many job roles.

Might go for Airfield Defence Guard, any Aussies in the Military happen to know more about this one?
    Oh fuck no! Do not join the Airforce unless you are going for aircrew or something technical, if you want to join the Infantry then go Army.

The military in our country NEVER fights for our freedoms. They fight for corporate interests and the USA. We've never been threatened or invaded since WWII. Acting as if we are threatened and that your service will help people here is true ignorance and proves how out of touch with reality you are. You wanna help people? Go volunteer at a homeless shelter or something that ACTUALLY HELPS PEOPLE, go to Africa and help the poor, travel the world and experience LIFE. War and violence is so fucking primal it disgusts me. We are on the verge of transcending to a higher state of existence and people like this still think OFFENSIVE WARS are saving our freedoms and shit.
    Do you always shit all over your military volunteers or you especially peeved today? It is insulting to the people of Australia who have lost service members. What about the aid work Australian troops do? Just who the fuck do you think was helping out the US in the Philippines last year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Do you always shit all over your military volunteers or you especially peeved today? It is insulting to the people of Australia who have lost service members. What about the aid work Australian troops do? Just who the fuck do you think was helping out the US in the Philippines last year?
    People will always rage about the military. No matter the amount of good they do around the world. I've got nothing but respect for the Aussie military. Met a few during my time in. All stand up folk.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

The experience specific to army is hardly valuable in civil life. Pursue a civil career and most importantly be productive if you want to "serve your country".