Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Stuck on rank 14 because control warriors and handlocks.

My question is, if control warriors and handlocks are all at rank 14, what the damn hell is up there at the single digits!?!?

Deleted
    Mech-mages, zoo, handlock, huntards

Quote Originally Posted by HearthRhythm View Post
    My question is, if control warriors and handlocks are all at rank 14, what the damn hell is up there at the single digits!?!?
    Control warriors and handlocks who have half an idea of how to play. Once you reach legend, then you'll meet control warriors and handlocks who have three quarters of an idea of how to play. Well, maybe not this late into the month, there's a good chance you'll run into halftards at legend too I guess.

PS - your opponents are not the reason you're stuck at any rank. Your cards and f2p account is not the reason why you're stuck at any rank. YOU are the reason you are stuck at any rank, no exceptions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Control warriors and handlocks who have half an idea of how to play. Once you reach legend, then you'll meet control warriors and handlocks who have three quarters of an idea of how to play. Well, maybe not this late into the month, there's a good chance you'll run into halftards at legend too I guess.

PS - your opponents are not the reason you're stuck at any rank. Your cards and f2p account is not the reason why you're stuck at any rank. YOU are the reason you are stuck at any rank, no exceptions.
    Im pretty sure if I had the cards to construct the basic control warrior I wont be at that rank. Your argument is kinda dumb.

Im pretty sure if I had the cards to construct the basic control warrior I wont be at that rank. Your argument is kinda dumb.
    I have access to every card in the game. You're welcome to contact me via skype tonight in a couple of hours, construct any deck you'd like from my collection, and proxy play a reasonable number of games (probably ten at least to be statistically significant.) We can post the results here afterwards. Fair deal?

I have access to every card in the game. You're welcome to contact me via skype tonight in a couple of hours, construct any deck you'd like from my collection, and proxy play a reasonable number of games (probably ten at least to be statistically significant.) We can post the results here afterwards. Fair deal?
    Oh no you di'en't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I eagerly await this stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Yeah then you could be one of the shit Handlock or Control Warrior players stuck around Rank 14 grinding out scrubs ....... oh wait

Deleted
    Challenge accepted :3 Don't know your skype though. PM me

I mean, you could just sell your soul to the devil and play face hunter and get high ranks for free.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    You aren't stuck at rank 14 because of decks, you're stuck at rank 14 because of the way you play, realise that and then try to improve

you're wrong though.

I’ve been playing since early Beta, have every card in the game, and consistently get stuck at ranks 4-7 every season, this one being no exception. You wanna know why? Because I’m not as good at this game as I want to think that I am, that’s why.

I know I’m going on a bit of a rant here, but this game is really turning into a microcosm for life; everyone feels like “if only I had what those guys have, things would be better”. Listen folks, having all of the cards doesn't get you to legend rank any more than paying for a college degree will make you a millionaire. If you want to become legend or become a millionaire, you have to work a hell of a lot harder than you do right now, with or without the cards or degree. The analogy also rings true for all of the p2w whiners out there that are also on government subsidies whining about the CEO that worked 20 hrs a day for 30 years to build his company. Stop that!!!!

/rant
    /takes a bow
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    I’ve been playing since early Beta, have every card in the game, and consistently get stuck at ranks 4-7 every season, this one being no exception. You wanna know why? Because I’m not as good at this game as I want to think that I am, that’s why.

I know I’m going on a bit of a rant here, but this game is really turning into a microcosm for life; everyone feels like “if only I had what those guys have, things would be better”. Listen folks, having all of the cards doesn't get you to legend rank any more than paying for a college degree will make you a millionaire. If you want to become legend or become a millionaire, you have to work a hell of a lot harder than you do right now, with or without the cards or degree. The analogy also rings true for all of the p2w whiners out there that are also on government subsidies whining about the CEO that worked 20 hrs a day for 30 years to build his company. Stop that!!!!

/rant
    /takes a bow
    you forget to mention 1 important parameter - TIME

if you can manage 1 hour per day at most, you probably never reach legend rank assuming you are not some meta genius but rather standard good player with ~55% winning rate

getting to legend require a hell lot of time and patience

Deleted
    Last season I got to rank 10 painlessly, almost in 1 long winning streak. Now, I've been stuck on rank 14 for days (I only play 1-3 games a day). Frankly, I'm stuck because I CBA to change my deck to win against the popular decks I'm facing. I like playing the deck I'm playing, and until I get a comfortable amount of deckslots I'll keep doing it like this.

If you are stuck fighting those 2 archetypes, why not build a deck to defeat them? I wish I only had 1/2 to choose from!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge accepted :3 Don't know your skype though. PM me
    Oh snap. It's on.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    If you are stuck fighting those 2 archetypes, why not build a deck to defeat them? I wish I only had 1/2 to choose from!
    Because that would require more effort than netdecking.

Frankly, he's right. An upper tier quality control warrior is going to do better than your bog standard F2P account decks. I know you're trying to get across that you can reach legend with any properly constructed deck, but surely it's obvious you can do it faster with a better deck.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Frankly, he's right. An upper tier quality control warrior is going to do better than your bog standard F2P account decks. I know you're trying to get across that you can reach legend with any properly constructed deck, but surely it's obvious you can do it faster with a better deck.
    That really has nothing to do with being 'stuck at rank 14 because of control warriors and handlocks' which was the actual claim.
    BAD WOLF