Deleted

Heat Regulator Nerf

Anyone got any idea how large this heat regulator HP nerf actually is on Mythic in terms of number of bombs needed?

They have 2499999 HP now (3kk pre nerf).

Deleted
    Thanks, is that live yet? Just looked at logs of US guilds who killed it yesterday and it was still 3M per regulator then.

Definitely not live yet. Will probably be live tomorrow.

Deleted
    is this a mythic only nerf?

i mean, the text isnt specific, so i asume on all dificulties, but who knows.

Unless they plan on patching this during the week, last night Mythic wasn't nerfed yet.

It is live (EU).

"These changes are intended to diminish the relative benefit of having two or more priests, compared to one or none"

Uh, am I missing something here or how are you gonna do phase 2 without a priest, lol.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When we killed it last night, the hotfix definitely wasn't in yet. It still took the same 30 bombs in phase 1.

I think what may have happened is that a soft reset was required if you were in there before the hotfix went out.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    "These changes are intended to diminish the relative benefit of having two or more priests, compared to one or none"

Uh, am I missing something here or how are you gonna do phase 2 without a priest, lol.
    The changes to the engineers were across all difficulties - only the heat regulator change was mythic specific.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    The changes to the engineers were across all difficulties - only the heat regulator change was mythic specific.
    I realise that but it still makes no sense, how many heroic guilds do you know that coudn't kill it because of no priests? Cause I know non and we sure as hell didnt MC in phase 1 on heroic.

Edit: Atleast to me it seems clear this change was aimed at mythic, seems weird.

We have two priests, and for some reason we still find it cleaner not to MC in phase 1.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    That nerfs one the hardest parts of the fight. Luckily we downed this a few days ago, but easily P1 was our problem, always a few seconds late finishing with a Bellower or whatever. This now allows you to get into p2 with less adds up and more time to down them too, happy days for farm. I do feel sorry for those who were almost finished the encounter and now may feel slightly cheatened, but hey it happens.

The good thing about this fight, as rare as it is, is the difficulty is front-loaded with P1 and P2 being the nasty parts and then p3 is a pushover (provided you finish p2 with everyone alive preferred and healers have actually mana). Should see the changes tonight in person and report my findings.

- - - Updated - - -

From our kill tonight:

The Heat Regulators are 2.5mil, so that's 25 bombs. The bomb throwing is instant and the phase is over before you know it. Easily a good minute or so faster than pre-nerf. This in turn, makes the boss have less heat in p2 and less adds up at the start and more time dedicated to killing them making things less hectic at start.

We had to relearn p1, this change sucked woulda killed it quicker without, ROUGH LIFE.

yea this made our fight immensely faster and we only noticed after we kill it

Extremely weird this still isn't live on NA...

Edit: Confirmed that it is now - thanks guys
    Last edited by TehCrab; 2015-04-02 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    yes it is. My guild's on it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    can confirm its live on NA for us as well

It's certainly made phase one.. different. It's removed some of the tight tuning that was present there before. Last week we actually gave a shit about half the mechanics in p1. Now we just explode everything and MC is barely needed.