Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program.

Obama revenge for Netanyahu's Congress talk? 1987 report on Israel's top secret nuclear program released in unprecedented move.

In a development that has largely been missed by mainstream media, the Pentagon early last month quietly declassified a Department of Defense top-secret document detailing Israel's nuclear program, a highly covert topic that Israel has never formally announced to avoid a regional nuclear arms race, and which the US until now has respected by remaining silent.

But by publishing the declassified document from 1987, the US reportedly breached the silent agreement to keep quiet on Israel's nuclear powers for the first time ever, detailing the nuclear program in great depth.

The timing of the revelation is highly suspect, given that it came as tensions spiraled out of control between Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and US President Barack Obama ahead of Netanyahu's March 3 address in Congress, in which he warned against the dangers of Iran's nuclear program and how the deal being formed on that program leaves the Islamic regime with nuclear breakout capabilities.

Another highly suspicious aspect of the document is that while the Pentagon saw fit to declassify sections on Israel's sensitive nuclear program, it kept sections on Italy, France, West Germany and other NATO countries classified, with those sections blocked out in the document.

The 386-page report entitled "Critical Technological Assessment in Israel and NATO Nations" gives a detailed description of how Israel advanced its military technology and developed its nuclear infrastructure and research in the 1970s and 1980s.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...5#.VRSHVPnF-GI

Do you think this has anything to do with the recent tension between our country and Israel? Is this our presidents form of payback? Some of the comments in the comment section are pretty crazy.

Edit: leave religion out of this or risk an infraction.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-03-26 at 11:53 PM.

screw the israelis. obamas israel stance is pretty fucking refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    screw the israelis. obamas israel stance is pretty fucking refreshing.
    You will be banned in few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming anti Semites pretenting to just be anti Zionism

Edit: wow that was fast
    Last edited by stabetha; 2015-03-26 at 10:34 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Given how long the declassification process can take I think its hasty to claim this is retaliation of some kind.

I guess it was some sort of revenge, but hey... an open secret is now less secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You will be banned in few minutes.

If anything Obama is too weak on Israel, heck USA as a whole is literally getting run by Jerusalem when it comes to middle east problems.. And due to that we are no where near a solution to the problem since the blind at all cost backing of Israel is the major problem in the middle east.

Remember the same forms of apartheid as labeled ok by USA when it came to South Africa as well Mandela was even labeled a terrorist if you can believe that it is like labeling mother theresa a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Incoming anti Semites pretenting to just be anti Zionism

murdering khazars pretending to be descendants of David

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Given how long the declassification process can take I think its hasty to claim this is retaliation of some kind.
    You do raise a good point, but if you ever worked anywhere you know the boss can make things that take weeks or months take days or hours. Not saying that's what happened here.

Deleted
    It was suspected for a long time that Israel had nuclear weapons. It makes sense, considering the amount of enemies they have, so this reveal isn't as shocking as you'd expect.

Didn't everyone already know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Classified information being declassified after 25 years? Sounds normal, as in that is how classified information works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You do raise a good point, but if you ever worked anywhere you know the boss can make things that take weeks or months take days or hours. Not saying that's what happened here.
    Declassified information has to be properly redacted to a degree. In a document this size, that takes time to do so accurately.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I have become increasingly unhappy with the actions Israel has taken over the last several years. If the president wants to take some small actions to try putting them in their place I'm all for it.

Israel needs to remember their position, without us they basically wouldn't exist. They cannot defend themselves from their many enemies, acting the way Netanyahu and the republicans have been is unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Didn't everyone already know this?
    I always assumed the US had given Israel nukes, not that they were working on their own. Bare in mind my information comes from an old military history that the local military base gave out occasionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Which is really just hand waving to allow for conspiracies here.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Remember the same forms of apartheid as labeled ok by USA when it came to South Africa as well Mandela was even labeled a terrorist if you can believe that it is like labeling mother theresa a terrorist.
    Uh, I don't think mother Theresa was ever a guerrilla fighter that blew things up and likely killed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Which is really just hand waving to allow for conspiracies here.
    Well, I suppose it was a long time in progress, but I can imagine that "the finishing touch" and release of the document can be scheduled as they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    uuuhhh we kinda know this

Fascinating, although not surprising at all. It (to me) fairly obviously has to do more with the nuclear deal currently in the works. The redacted parts seem to confirm this, although one never knows how people will react when insulted (real or imagined)

Since I'm not really impressed with EITHER side - I don't really have much more than a neutral opinion there.

The only rogue nation in the middle east with nukes is Israel.