Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Indiana pizzaria Gofundme raises over $100K

Heard this on the Slate podcast. The Indianapolis pizzeria that was in the center of a firestorm over discrimination against gays? Someone started a Gofundme and it's raised over $100K in just a few days.

The story is some TV news reporter was looking for a story and saw this Christian themed pizzeria. He went there and interviewed the person behind the counter who said she wouldn't serve gays.

Huge poop storm formed on the Internet. The pizzeria got all kinds of flack, some death threats cause that's an Internet thing these days and the owner decided to close. My guess is business wasn't all that great to begin with, but I'm not sure.

We really need some leadership on this issue, tempers are flaring.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

And with all that media attention, their business is going to be more successful than ever, and they get 100,000+ to boot. All according to plan.

Deleted
    Damn I need to move to America open a shit buisness, slag off gay people (and shoot some black people to get an interview on abc for that sweet $250k) and con morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like the same types of D-bags that gave Chick-fil-a record profits after the whole anti-gay remarks back in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Damn I need to move to America open a shit buisness, slag off gay people (and shoot some black people to get an interview on abc for that sweet $250k) and con morons.
    Although this entire thing is built on a silly premise. You think people that have waited until just last year for the right to get married in Indiana are going to spring for catered pizza at the reception?

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

Damn, why can't I get attacked? Someone attack me!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't donate to GoFundMe's of people I don't know but I'm willing to bet a fair chunk of it comes from people who are vehemently against social media vigilantism. It's way too easy to ruin someone's life and livelihood these days with a Facebook shit-storm simply because they have the audacity to subscribe to a different set of opinions.

We're trying to find equality through harassment campaigns and the tyranny of misinformation and popular mob rule. Yay.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People are rewarded for being terrible at their religion. Murica.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I HATE everyone. So please send your donations in support of me. Website incoming.

I love the donations, which like the law in Indiana and other states, are a BIG "fuck you" to the LGBT community and supporters. They know they are fighting a losing battle so any cause they see fighting this fight they will support.

What's sort of funny since this mainly falls on conservatives, since they are they ones saying "take your business elsewhere" if you don't like it. Yet with these donations they are promoting a welfare business. You all that conservatives hate welfare.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2015-04-03 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

Damn, why can't I get attacked? Someone attack me!
    I refuse to serve Hubcap any beverages because of his gnomophobic views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's rather sad that the people who are running to support this company as a champion of religious liberty aren't pausing to think that what got them in trouble was saying that homosexuality is a choice and because it's the wrong choice they wouldn't even consider catering a gay wedding.

But -- at the end of the day this is one of the things that makes our country great. People have the freedom to say awful things and have awful people have the freedom to give them lots of money instead of...say...people who actually need it.

And, I have the freedom to call them all awful and call them out on their complete hypocrisy. Isn't it great?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a failing Restaurant, don't call Robert Irvine anymore...
    Just pretend you won't serve to a minority anymore.
    Problem solved. Idiotic people gonna bail you out.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If you have a failing Restaurant, don't call Robert Irvine anymore...
    Just pretend you won't serve to a minority anymore.
    Problem solved. Idiotic people gonna bail you out.
    Food Network should do an episode on this matter. Robert Irvine walks into a restaurant, the owner says "No Jews". Irvine walks out and they post a link to some fundraiser website.

People did not donate to help them. They did it show unity and defiance against the equally intolerant militant liberals.

Would be hilarious if this was a long con and they re-opened with a big sign saying "We support LGBT".

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I refuse to serve Hubcap any beverages because of his gnomophobic views.
    Meh, everyone hates gnomes.

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    People did not donate to help them. They did it show unity and defiance against the equally intolerant militant liberals.
    Nothing says unity like giving 100's of thousands of dollars to idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, clearly the liberals are the intolerant ones in this scenario.

Side note -- it is completely unacceptable that anyone was threatening the store with violence or the store owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    People did not donate to help them.
    The fundraiser itself disagrees with your assessment..

Thousands of people have banded together to “relieve the financial loss endured by the proprietors’ stand for faith”

The place was closed for a day...
    500k per day on revenue, I believe that would make the likes of Puck etc jealous.
    An average pizza joint can be happy to break 1k a day.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."