Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My only hope that this time human male heads will be of normal size.

Oh and I'm already drooling in waiting for this new game. Super exited.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Do you work for Squeenix? Coz you sound just as pissed.
    Nope, but I've worked on enough reveals for major/semi-major titles that have been broken because it's "The Princess's Dogs Birthday" holiday in "Switzernetherbelgussialand", many of which have thankfully been contained early on. So while I've thankfully never had anything close to this major leaked, I can definitely empathize.

But seriously, NA PR folks I know hate doing anything with embargo's in Europe, because they're so often broken. But when your boss in another country/region tells you to do it no matter how much evidence you present them that it's a terrible idea, you just have to do it : /

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    That said, I do find charm in the imagery used in Human Revolutions. They work the Icarus metaphor to the bone, and it's nice to see in the image omitted from the OP continuing that trend.
    IIRC that was part of a batch of images showing off the improvements in lighting etc. to the engine a while back and not something recently leaked, no? I haven't looked at all the images leaked recently, only a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Well, the endings to the first one were deliberately contradictory, so it was pretty obvious they would have to at the very least pick one above the rest and much more likely do something different with the canon.

That being said, I've seen nothing which says there won't be some reference to or explanation of what happens at the end of the first game - we just know it wont be one of the endings we saw.

As for "removal of characters", I think people like Malik (whose arms never worked on 360, she literally looked like a puppet every time she talked) who are part of areas of the game where you can choose whether they live or die are much easier to just exclude than they are to include and then break continuity for all the players who chose differently.
    Aye I mean I know things have to be changed, I just hope they don't gloss over some things and tie up the first game neatly so I know what I'm building on when I play the Adam Jensen character again. Also I get the Malik thing, which sucks but you can't like Dragon Age it and just have different things in place in case a character is dead.

Either way none of these things are deadlbreakers for me. I'm looking forward to this game and now it just makes me wonder how various combat things will be handled. I hated the 'energy system/energy bars' for using takedown moves or other little random things but at the same time you can't have infinite energy, I haven't watched the videos yet to see how combat will be different yet so I don't know what parts of that system are changing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I hope it doesn't penalize you for lethal takedowns this time. seriously...

YOU KNOCKED HIM OUT! 5000 XP
    YOU KILLED HIM! HEADSHOT! SILENT KILLER! 10 XP
    Yeah some of that kind of bothered me to. I shouldn't be penalized THAT harshly for taking out someone who was trying to kill me. I didn't take the passive stun gun and try to stealth options I shouldn't be penalized for killing off someone that is in the way.

I hope it doesn't penalize you for lethal takedowns this time. seriously...
    YOU KNOCKED HIM OUT! 5000 XP
    YOU KILLED HIM! HEADSHOT! SILENT KILLER! 10 XP
    I hope you don't get penalized for trying to complete levels non-lethal and having some idiot NPC bump an unconscious body and that KILLS them after they slide down some stairs or something. Thereby forcing you to restart the level...

PS: Anyone tried to play the original Deus Ex again recently? I had watched a friend play it when it first came out, but never owned it myself until a Steam sale last year. You really take for granted how modern games breadcrumb objectives, narrative, etc. these days. I was so lost trying to figure out what I was supposed to do/where I should go lol...

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I hope you don't get penalized for trying to complete levels non-lethal and having some idiot NPC bump an unconscious body and that KILLS them after they slide down some stairs or something. Thereby forcing you to restart the level...
    That would piss me off so much I'd foam at the mouth as I rage restarted for the 10th time when some random shit like that happened. It's usually why I don't do many non-lethal runs at all, random shit like that would make me see red.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope it supports 4k 144 fps ultra textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That would piss me off so much I'd foam at the mouth as I rage restarted for the 10th time when some random shit like that happened. It's usually why I don't do many non-lethal runs at all, random shit like that would make me see red.
    My first run-through I went stealthy. I intended to do another run-through as brute-force AKA throwing-vending-machines style, but never got around to it. Currently about 2/3 of the way through 1999 mode playthrough of Bioshock Infinite. Another funny thing I wanted to try was hacking a turret then carrying it in front of me through a level

Hope it supports 4k 144 fps ultra textures.
    Doubtful. Since it says consoles and PC, it will undoubtedly be a PC port and have watered down graphics. PS4 and XB1 are still toasters compared to any gaming PC built in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    My first run-through I went stealthy. I intended to do another run-through as brute-force AKA throwing-vending-machines style, but never got around to it. Currently about 2/3 of the way through 1999 mode playthrough of Bioshock Infinite. Another funny thing I wanted to try was hacking a turret then carrying it in front of me through a level

Doubtful. Since it says consoles and PC, it will undoubtedly be a PC port and have watered down graphics. PS4 and XB1 are still toasters compared to any gaming PC built in the last few years.
    Heh yeah as much as I enjoyed HR I couldn't bring myself to go back and play it again. I'd love to do things different and see what happens but at the end of the day I beat the game, the story was the far more interesting part to me and I don't need to see that particular part again.

Me - "I'm never getting on the hype train ever again after experiencing The Fall on PC!!!"
    DE:MD's Hype Trains' Conductor - "Shut up, you're coming with us !" *Picks me up and throws me in*

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Will keep an eye on this. My only hopes

1) More paths through the level. Look at Styx for a modern example of this. Great level design in terms of various paths. Heck, Styx is just a great example of a stealth game in general.
    2) An ending that isn't total and complete shit on top of random FMV clips.
    3) Boss fights that can be completed without direct, open combat. Allow Jensen to use his abilities to weaken, misdirect, trap, or even bypass these encounters. Completing the game with 0 kills (other than maybe something in the tutorial), should be possible.
    4) Allow for a combat focused path that is satisfying, and doesn't treat the player like a monster. I killed the bad guys that were going to kill you? I'm such a bad person, woe is me. /rollseyes That got old real quick.

I'm intrigued. Human Revolution was a game that touched on some interesting potential future issues we might face, and it did them fairly well. I want more of that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Well here is the announcement trailer along with the announcement images.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...adbpr=10671602

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a strong feeling the game isn't going to look as good as it does in these pictures. In any case I will be looking forward to this game. Human Revolution was an experience to remember, I loved it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Really looking forward to this, really hope they make the hacking a little more interesting this time around.

Deleted
    Loved HR, I hope they manage to tighten up the FPS mechanics a little, maybe it was because I played HR on a 360 but it felt clunky and unsatisfying shooting on that game, at least compared to other shooters I've played. Still, completed the game despite that little gripe and had a great time, the screens look impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Loved HR, I hope they manage to tighten up the FPS mechanics a little, maybe it was because I played HR on a 360 but it felt clunky and unsatisfying shooting on that game, at least compared to other shooters I've played. Still, completed the game despite that little gripe and had a great time, the screens look impressive.
    Many shooters feel clunky while being played on consoles, you should have picked it up for the PC, Steam had many amazing sales, and this game goes on sale most of the times - you can pick it for a few $. Director's Cut is kinda worth it aswell.

PC version, no issues with FPS mechanics.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post

PC version, no issues with FPS mechanics.
    I can't agree, it felt weak, and the weapons didn't have weight to them

10+ Year Old Account
    that's because HR wasn't a FPS, it was a FPNLT game (First Person Non-Lethal Takedown)

seriously. as I said on the last page, Non-lethal takedown is like 200 XP, killing someone is 10 XP
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I have a strong feeling the game isn't going to look as good as it does in these pictures. In any case I will be looking forward to this game. Human Revolution was an experience to remember, I loved it.
    It is always that way - "Chocolate with nice cover cant taste that good". But, lets hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's because HR wasn't a FPS, it was a FPNLT game (First Person Non-Lethal Takedown)

seriously. as I said on the last page, Non-lethal takedown is like 200 XP, killing someone is 10 XP
    Typically non-lethal takedowns also required more timing, skill, and usually resources than just going in guns blazing. While its fun to go off the rails sometimes, the game makes much more sense as a purely stealth based game. My personal favorite method is the non-lethal stealth way, opening up in certain scenarios when Jensen would probably be super pissed like when he is rescuing the downed chopper pilot.

Also, I REALLY hope they bring back the "dialogue-combat" aspects from DE:HR. That was seriously my favorite part. Oh, and the revolver that fires explosive rounds! =D