Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Was Prague annexed by Russia in Deus Ex universe? Those accents are HORRIBLE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Was Prague annexed by Russia in Deus Ex universe? Those accents are HORRIBLE.
    Well, considering the 'chinese' accent in HR, I think it's probably on purpose at this point, haha.

I couldn't really get into the last Deus Ex and haven't played any other ones. But this one seems like a mix between half life and the arkham series. Not a bad thing by any stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Wish there was an option to play a female protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Wish there was an option to play a female protagonist.
    Would having a period have changed your perception of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought Deus Ex human revolution was a prequel to DX1. if so, where does this put DX: MD on the timeline,

or are the original games now retconned?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Would having a period have changed your perception of the game?
    If the developers went to far as to include menstrual cycles into the game, then yes.

If the developers went to far as to include menstrual cycles into the game, then yes.
    Because that would indeed be the only change to gameplay. Which is why I'm saying, who gives a shit what gender the main character is. It's about the journey and Adam Jensen is one of the best voiced characters in recent history, as well as DE:HR being a pretty good game, besides some minor flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Because that would indeed be the only change to gameplay. Which is why I'm saying, who gives a shit what gender the main character is. It's about the journey and Adam Jensen is one of the best voiced characters in recent history, as well as DE:HR being a pretty good game, besides some minor flaws.
    Point well made.

Mainly it's a personal preference. I prefer having the option. The Mass Effect games would not have been as enjoyable for me if I had been forced to play male Shep.

Point well made.

Mainly it's a personal preference. I prefer having the option. The Mass Effect games would not have been as enjoyable for me if I had been forced to play male Shep.
    I'm in favour only when it improves the narrative and that's rarely the case. Gender only matters when the game is about gender, which in itself means the game tries to fuel an argument, rather than focus on gameplay. What matters to me, is that the narrative feels like it's properly done. ME's 'choice' felt forced to me, as well as the romancing options. I know it's lauded for it, by I would sooner scoff.

Tomb Raider did it well with Lara Croft, in her most recent incarnation. I didn't need to play a male. In this game, it's a male character and I don't need it to be a female.

Though in classic or MMORPG's, I tend to choose female as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i thought Deus Ex human revolution was a prequel to DX1. if so, where does this put DX: MD on the timeline,

or are the original games now retconned?
    It's still before DX1. The robotic augmentations that are prevalent in Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are more primitive than JC Denton's nanotech augs. DXHR takes place in 2027, Mankind Divided maybe a few months or years later, while the original Deus Ex begins in 2052. There's several decades between where you could put any number of games prior to DX1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It's still before DX1. The robotic augmentations that are prevalent in Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are more primitive than JC Denton's nanotech augs. DXHR takes place in 2027, Mankind Divided maybe a few months or years later, while the original Deus Ex begins in 2052. There's several decades between where you could put any number of games prior to DX1.
    oh ok, cool. thanks Mahourai. i'm happy its all still canon.
    Hi