Help with Mythic Beastlord Tanking Logs

Our guild has been working on Mythic Beastlord for a couple of nights and we're 3-tanking it. Even with 3 tanks, we've been having problems with tank deaths (particularly me) and I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong. When I look at my logs, I can always, of course, see room for improvement but I don't see anything that strikes me as really wrong here. I'm usually keeping a respectable SB uptime, using cds for the higher-dmg events such as the pack beasts adding and/or when Darmac separates from his beast. I can see that I'm not using Shield Wall as much as I probably should because I've had a tendency to try to keep it in my pocket for moments of very high damage. Still, I have a number of deaths where I have block and SW up and it still isn't enough.

Armory Link: ( h-t-t-p : / / )us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/hilljack/simple

Would switching TTT for a stamina trink make any significant difference on this fight? That is the only thing I can think of, in terms of gear, to help things out.

Here are the logs for last night: (h-t-t-p-s : / / )w(-)w(-)w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lva3ph6j8yq9zZXQ

Attempts 11 and 12, I was asked to go dps to see if the other tanks could do better without me.

I'd love to hear if anyone has any insights on what is going wrong here and what I or others in the raid could do to avoid these tank deaths.

As always, thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate it!

(It is not letting me post links so I'm going to try to edit the links so they will go through. Sorry for the mess. Note the "https" on the logs link)

You should only be taking 2 rend and tear stacks when you are tanking Cruelfang/Beastlord. No more than that, never take a stack when you are not actively tanking the boss. Some people try to dodge getting a stack while tanking, but in my experience that just ends up fucking the derpy melee who can't run.

First wipe: 3 totally unmitigated hits from Faultline buried you TWICE. Have to keep up sblock, sbarrier, demo shout...bubble...anything. We can tank the shit out of him but you have GOT to be on top of keeping mitigation up.

In my guilds one shot of it last week, I got hit unmitigated no more than ONCE at a time.

Also, ravager sounds like fun on this fight, but if your healers aren't crawling up your ass (they won't be with 3 tanks) then the flat 5% DR from glad stance is going to be your best friend.

Wipe 2: hit hit parry parry hit block dead

3: You basically died the first time to tantrum, rend, dreadwing all at once. THIS is the point in time in which you need to chain some cd's together. Dreadwing is by far the hardest part of the fight. You did use shieldwall, but nothing was going on that was causing you to take more damage. You used it at 6:08 and the tantrum hit at 6:30, you died at 6:37. Your 2nd death that fight was a combo of taking a few superheated ticks from beastlord, rend and tear, and tanking faultline at the same time.

In your longest attempt you were tanking Beastlord when Faultline came out...and you just didn't use shieldblock and derped into 3 ticks of epicenter.

Out of all the attempts I don't see Last Stand on there at all.

9 shield walls in 14 attempts.

You also used demo shout twice on faultline, 3 times on dreadwing, and 6 times total on beastlord the entire night out of 14 wipes.

Also, you need to be tanking Faultline over the blood dk. Blood dk's get fucking wrecked on beastlord.

Stop saving your cd's in your back pocket for high damage spots, and use them on high damage spots. The transitions aren't shit until he dismounts dreadwing, then you need to use cd's until DW is dead. Once faultline comes out, get into place, make sure your shield block is up and demo shout is ready. Once he dismounts from faultline, have the DK or monk take Beastlord until Faultline is dead. Make sure epicenters are in the right spots. Make sure you don't stand in the epicenter.

Adds should be trivial with misdirects or a 3rd tank picking them up. Stack them on the boss and they get cleaved down ultra fast.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see only minor flaws in most of your attempts:
    - More heroic strikes then ultimatum proccs = wasted rage
    - I assume that you pulled the boss, otherwise a wasted armor pot
    - scarce use of bigger cooldowns (as you mentioned) especially last stand and demoshout

On the bright side:
    Shieldblock uptime is decent.
    Talent choice is fine.

The other thing that is pretty scarce, are external cooldowns. Also, are you aware, that the other tank needs to stack with the active tank during the fourth mount phase? You need to identify the high pressure moments and call for an external proactively.

Edit: had some more time to look over yer logs. While it is true, that your shieldblock uptime is okayish, it seems that you ran out of charges when it was critical.
    Also, you took too many rend debuffs and too many shattered armor debuffs on three occasions. Don´t know how that can happen with a spare tank on add duty.
    Last edited by Valech; 2015-04-08 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Thank you for the replies. This will give me some things to work on next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw Valech's edit. There were three tries in there with only the DK and myself tanking (#8-10) and there were definitely a few times throughout the night where I accidentally refreshed R&T while not tanking. As Rocketsauce noted, there were also times when I died while I was tanking more things than I should have been. I think my revenge sometimes rips threat from the DK's target sometimes for some reason or he's taunting late. I'm less worried about the deaths to Faultline since this was the first night we really saw much of him and I can learn to deal with that. I was more concerned about the times before that phase when I dropped quickly from what seems like normal damage. I guess the takeaway here is that I need to be sure to have most of my cds available for Dreadwing separation phase and for when Faultline comes out (and use them).

Deleted
    You should dodge the rent and tear whenever possible. This works best with leap, but also intervene and charge work great.

I m allways tanking the wulf mount solo and dodge (almost) all the rent and tears. Start of the last phase you can also dodge the first 2 rent and tears, don t worry to leap into the voids, they don t do a lot of dmg to you. As well you should keep 1 BOP for the last phase, so you can BOP the tank as soon as one of your tanks hits 2 rent and tear stacks, this will increase ur survivablity a lot. Tank heal in the last phase can get somewhat low, since healers have to move a lot and need to do a lot of group healing.