Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Putin tops times top 100 most influential

http://time.com/3820069/time-100-readers-poll-results/

And that's with over 57% of the votes cast from America. The funniest part is that second place was a k-pop singer, and then it was lady gaga, and Taylor swift...

Not sure if the times readers are just messing with them or what is going on here :P

The obamas were just outside the top ten, with the pope and the dalai lama making the top ten.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    http://time.com/3820069/time-100-readers-poll-results/

And that's with over 57% of the votes cast from America. The funniest part is that second place was a k-pop singer, and then it was lady gaga, and Taylor swift...

Not sure if the times readers are just messing with them or what is going on here :P

The obamas were just outside the top ten, with the pope and the dalai lama making the top ten.
    Well, the average citizen (of any country) and stupidity goes hand in hand.

AND there is a massive circlejerk about Putin. So...yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I think Putin is more influential than lady gaga as well, just perhaps not at one :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Why not ?

Feels like every newspaper got their radar pointed at Russia and seeing how Putin is Russia it would make sense that he's high up that list. What he's said and done has been very important for US and Europe the last year or so.

Didn't moot make it to number 1 once? I'm not sure this list really means much.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Why not ?

Feels like every newspaper got their radar pointed at Russia and seeing how Putin is Russia it would make sense that he's high up that list. What he's said and done has been very important for US and Europe the last year or so.
    Yeah, but look at the other people in the top five lol.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, but look at the other people in the top five lol.
    Yeah its a bit odd i'll give you that haha.

Perhaps they just took the list off twitter or something.

Well, look, you can't deny he's influential. Regardless of whether what he's done is good or bad, he's done a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Why not ?

The ranking discredits itself. It only reflects the stupidity of its voters.

Would Putin be high in a decent ranking? Surely. But this? I bet the article was written under constant facepalming.

Well, Taylor Swift does influence a lot of young girls on how to do their hair and be raving cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well, look, you can't deny he's influential. Regardless of whether what he's done is good or bad, he's done a lot.
    Was gona say. He has thousands if not millions of drone like supporters in Russia with a personality cult. That's pretty influential.

At first I questioned whether this was a 4chan raid but then Hitler would have been no.1 so...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Influence doesn't have to be political. Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Lady Gaga are influencing millions of teens in the general sense of the word.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Was gona say. He has thousands if not millions of drone like supporters in Russia with a personality cult. That's pretty influential.

At first I questioned whether this was a 4chan raid but then Hitler would have been no.1 so...
    "Drone like supporters" lol. Can afford a pretty high horse with all that ignorance.

Regardless of what you think of his behavior internationally, he's been very good for the Russian economy and has enormous support in the electorate for this reason.

I'd love to hear who you feel the Russian people could have realistically elected instead of him, to avoid being labeled drones/cult members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    "Drone like supporters" lol. Can afford a pretty high horse with all that ignorance.

Regardless of what you think of his behavior internationally, he's been very good for the Russian economy and has enormous support in the electorate for this reason.

I'd love to hear who you feel the Russian people could have realistically elected instead of him, to avoid being labeled drones/cult members.
    It's not ignorance at all and nowhere did I suggest that all Russians are like that.

Not only do many Russians notice this sort of thing but some help comes from within and to argue that this sort of thing is normal is madness.

I'm not for one second saying that there was a better alternative, but lack of an alternative doesn't mean that's he's good. He's done good things for the country but he's also caused massive international problems. There are cult like organisations going about him and to deny that is so easy to disprove it's almost not worth doing. I labelled the cult members as cult members, not the entire russian populace. As was pretty clear from "thousands if not millions" because I may not know the population of Russia but it's larger than a few thousand.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2015-04-14 at 04:25 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Influence doesn't have to be political. Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Lady Gaga are influencing millions of teens in the general sense of the word.
    Blizzard influences more people than those 3 do combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Blizzard influences more people than those 3 do combined.
    No.

/10chars

Deleted
    I would say that most of his influence is to thank to the West that keeps blowing things out of proportion.

Putin is amazing, he has my full support

best thing that ever happened to Russia since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Well, to be fair, he was pretty damn influential. Average Joe can't convince several nations that antisemitism makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s