Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Urinals are gross anyway.

I just imagine splashback and the people that shit in them because it's there and gross.
    Urinals are gross and sometimes you can feel the splashback and sometimes it's not coming from your urinal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Would that the world be so kind as to simply let this happen, but alas it is not that simple.

What if they're pre-op? Pre-therapy? If the people in the bathroom act out because of it?
    There's already a case in which a woman pitched a fit because a transitioning trans person was using the women's showers. She claimed there was a man in the shower and passed out fliers advising women that the gym let men in the showers. Gym ended up revoking the loudmouth's membership, but supposedly there's a lawsuit in the works.

If it's all stalls, I don't see what the big deal is. And if you're that worried about your young kids, then be an actual parent and don't let them go to the bathroom alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Ehhhh.

I'd rather urinals than womens wastebins ;_;

Such stench has been unrivalled!
    You know that stench is..

there is no argument.

TBH, best thing this could do is prove that women are certainly not in possession of cleaner bathrooms, because jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Urinals are gross and sometimes you can feel the splashback and sometimes it's not coming from your urinal.
    OH MY GOD NO UGH.

I feel dirty just reading that. I could not continue my day after that. Nope. Go home, shower, shower with bleach, shower again.. u_u

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I would rather not share a bathroom with a girl or woman, generally speaking, and it has very little to do with an irrational fear that she'd take the opportunity to jump me while my pants are down.

Which, kinda seems odd that you only consider women's privacy and security in the matter, but whatever.
    I was mocking the arguments usually used for separating the sexes. The concern is usually rape and the concern is usually that men will rape women, not the other way around, but sure lets be equal here, maybe some woman wants to rape a man in a bathroom.

I don't care who's in the bathroom as long as I don't have to see their junk. Which is why I use a stall no matter what.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    They are not that common here. You will find some (for example in smaller medical practicesn etc.), but usually, we have separated restrooms.
    Don't lie to me...
    You're in Austria. That's virtually the same thing as in Southern Germany.. And that means they are there. Heaps of small pubs have only one rest room. Heaps of gas stations have only one.
    The older the building/venue, the higher the chances are for one restroom only.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

there is no argument.

TBH, best thing this could do is prove that women are certainly not in possession of cleaner bathrooms, because jesus.
    When I was young, I worked at a Target. At least back then, they only had janitorial service after hours so the cart people or cashiers (like me) would occasionally be pressed into service to clean the bathrooms. The woman's was always, by far, the worst. Nightmares.

Urinals are gross anyway.

I just imagine splashback and the people that shit in them because it's there and gross.
    Everything is gross in a restroom. Urinals, pad bins, door handles, soap dispensers. Everything.
    Some people prefer urinals, some stalls. I see nothing wrong with offering both options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think its more about a little bit of privacy so u dont have psycho guys peaking over or under the stall barriers to get a glimpse of a cooch
    Isn't the sane solution to have floor to ceiling dividers? I've always thought that the short dividers are just weird in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

there is no argument.

I worked in a truckstop, as a janitor. Men can be gross....but...it's a purile, idiot sort of gross. Like a 10-year-old who refuses to shower for a month. The stuff in the ladies room well...that's a whole 'nother level.

OH MY GOD NO UGH.

I feel dirty just reading that. I could not continue my day after that. Nope. Go home, shower, shower with bleach, shower again.. u_u
    Yup. I don't even know why we still have urinals. They're incredibly unsanitary.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    When I was young, I worked at a Target. At least back then, they only had janitorial service after hours so the cart people or cashiers (like me) would occasionally be pressed into service to clean the bathrooms. The woman's was always, by far, the worst. Nightmares.
    Women's bathrooms are why I avoid using public restrooms unless the emergency is dire.

"Fairer sex" forgets that no one wants to see shitnado in an unholy unflushed mix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Don't lie to me...
    I really do not. You would be surprised how often you will find separeted one-stall restrooms even in very small pubs, gas stations and the like. Even in most public buildings you will not find Unisex bathrooms.
    Tyrol is pretty conservative regarding such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Everything is gross in a restroom. Urinals, pad bins, door handles, soap dispensers. Everything.
    Some people prefer urinals, some stalls. I see nothing wrong with offering both options.
    Only if they make urinal's have walls long enough so that I don't accidentally see a dick. I rather not see people's privates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Isn't the sane solution to have floor to ceiling dividers? I've always thought that the short dividers are just weird in the first place.
    Cheaper and easier to clean.

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with it per se, but I do not think that there necessarily have to be urinals in Unisex restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Only if they make urinal's have walls long enough so that I don't accidentally see a dick. I rather not see people's privates.
    Oh, sure. We can haz safe space for penis wielders separated from the stall block :].
    I'm more of a fan of separating into stall room, urinal room, tech room (accessibility, baby changing, etc)

Oh, sure. We can haz safe space for penis wielders separated from the stall block :].
    Good because if I see a dick I might have to #sueallmen

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I imagine they do it because it's cheaper.
    I had imagined airflow. Just seems like good business sense to prevent some randomer from gassing themselves to death in your private death chambers after a run in with bad Chinese food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deal.

Also, its not just men. I rather not see women's privates either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I really do not. You would be surprised how often you will find separeted one-stall restrooms even in very small pubs, gas stations and the like. Even in most public buildings you will not find Unisex bathrooms.
    Tyrol is pretty conservative regarding such things.
    Public buildings is not the same, they always have them separated.
    But smaller, private ones don't. Most yes, but some don't.
    Hell, I've had one in a small guesthouse. One restroom for the whole floor. Was in Kaernten.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I rather not see people's privates.
    That hurts.

Fair, but hurts.