Thread: 6.2 Rogue Buffs

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    think the sub changes are pretty dps neutral
    Not at all.

I feel like the sub 4pc bonus will kind of kill the value of Multistrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    think the sub changes are pretty dps neutral
    Itll be a net positive change, imo. -8% on mastery, but +20% (30 is 120% of 25) on sang veins, and 20% on backstab.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaite View Post
    There are also new class-specific trinkets, too.

Subtlety: Increases the damage of Ambush and Garrote by 75%.
    Assassination: Envenom also increases the critical strike chance of Mutilate and Dispatch by 30%.
    Combat: Your Eviscerate now hurls a blade at the target, with a 20 yard range, and deals 60% additional damage.

puu . sh/hdhlZ/46916c7240.png

These are the normal versions of the trinket, but judging by the numbers on trinkets for other classes, the percentages probably will be changed.

Source? I didnt see anything on the notes. (sorry if im blind, gonna go look again)

I am ready for that Subtelty Rogue Trinket.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by polyxena View Post
    Source? I didnt see anything on the notes. (sorry if im blind, gonna go look again)
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124520/b...rinket&bonus=0

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    If you are at the bottom of the pack right now, you're doing a lot of things wrong.

On topic : Idk why they list SS and Eviscerate on Assassination but oh well. Subtlety changes look like a buff, will have to wait for sim results. Assassination was buffed less than I expected, thought they would butcher Sub to get people to play sin.

Kinda sad about the Killing Spree nerf, was fun cheesing few mechanics with it, curse you pvp!

I have no idea what they're trying to do with Shuriken Toss, I'd love it to be a viable alternative in fights with lowish uptime though.
    I think its for the lower levels before you get mutliate and envenom.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I wonder if the CC change to killing spree is going to have an effect on pve.

eg, if you get hit by tectus small pillar while in killing spree, will it cancel killing spree? Or if you're using KS on kromog hands whilst hes using thunderous blows, will you get knocked up out of killing spree?

It would suck for killing spree to become even worse in PVE than it already is.

All the tier bonuses are looking great so far, seems to be strong sets for all three specs.
    The specific class trinket is really not helping it either.

The changes to Sub and Assa is game breaking, still believe that Sub will be dominant ST but Assa might pull back.

The weakest at the moment seems to be Combat for me, if you compare them to the old tier bonuses but new ones could potentially be strong aswell.

Deleted

Angry

Blizzard devs are still not playing Assassination : the single target damage is acceptable even if it is not great but the AOE damage is just a disaster and they are, of course, buffing the single target damage... When will a rogue be able to run a raid or a dungeon without having to switch spec before each single boss ?
    Should I roll a Cat or play my UH DK to do that ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zyZ View Post
    they really need to fix killing spree so u can cancel it or be in control of your character for pve
    You can use /cancelaura Killing spree

but yeah, they should rename it to Selfkilling spree

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Added T18 Bonuses:

Item - Rogue T18 Assassination 2P Bonus (New) Your Dispatch deals 15% additional damage as Poison damage.
    Item - Rogue T18 Assassination 4P Bonus (New) Your Dispatch now generates 1 Combo Points.
    im confused, doesn't dispatch already give 1 combo point? so how is that 4P usefull?
    or is it a typo and should it say now generates 1 additional Combo Point?

Quote Originally Posted by xlord View Post
    im confused, doesn't dispatch already give 1 combo point? so how is that 4P usefull?
    or is it a typo and should it say now generates 1 additional Combo Point?
    most likely supposed to read generates 2 combo points.

It seems like a very strong 4 pc to me unless I am missing some drastic. Looking at the simcraft stats for mut/combat ilvl 700:

Mut uses dispatch 113 times in a simulated fight, so thats 113 additional combo points you'd gain from the 4pc.

Combat procs deceit just under 20 times on average for a simulated fight, but lets round it up and say thats an additional 80 combo points.

Considering combat 4pc is an very strong 4pc right now, mut's upcoming 4pc looks ridiculously strong.

Obviously simulated fights don't account for real world mechanics, so this is pretty generalized. If my reasoning here is completely messed up, someone please point it out.

(Also unsure of the difference between count and m-count for simcraft data. It shows count of 113 for dispatch, m-count 70.)
    Last edited by KiwifruitOCE; 2015-04-14 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyZ View Post
    they really need to fix killing spree so u can cancel it or be in control of your character for pve
    you always could cancel your ks

Those are all good changes, pushing rogues towards Assassination or Subtlety for PvP, which are infinitely more interesting and fun to play. Assassination in particular has the most talent synergy of all 3 specs, literally every talent has potential to be viable depending on BG map or comp played.

In PvE, Combat will remain a top tier AoE spec while Subtlety will remain a top tier single-target spec. Sub's only problem this tier is poor set bonuses... those same set bonuses that are making certain specs (*cough*BM hunters*cough*) way off the charts. I suspect Hunters will be hanging on their T17 for a while but once they drop it, I predict Sub will once again be ahead on high uptime fights (as they were in Highmaul).

I love the trinkets but I'm sure someone, somewhere will find a way to abuse the hell out of them in PvP. I mean, sure it gets high-level PvPers to do PvE, but its just extra work and extra whining to deal with for the devs, down the line. Next season's meta might literally be shaped based on which classes/specs have the most OP Hellfire Citadel trinkets.

Overall pretty excited for 6.2, WoD deserves a lot more credit than most are willing to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    Those are all good changes, pushing rogues towards Assassination or Subtlety for PvP, which are infinitely more interesting and fun to play. Assassination in particular has the most talent synergy of all 3 specs, literally every talent has potential to be viable depending on BG map or comp played.

In PvE, Combat will remain a top tier AoE spec while Subtlety will remain a top tier single-target spec. Sub's only problem this tier is poor set bonuses... those same set bonuses that are making certain specs (*cough*BM hunters*cough*) way off the charts. I suspect Hunters will be hanging on their T17 for a while but once they drop it, I predict Sub will once again be ahead on high uptime fights (as they were in Highmaul).

I love the trinkets but I'm sure someone, somewhere will find a way to abuse the hell out of them in PvP. I mean, sure it gets high-level PvPers to do PvE, but its just extra work and extra whining to deal with for the devs, down the line. Next season's meta might literally be shaped based on which classes/specs have the most OP Hellfire Citadel trinkets.

Overall pretty excited for 6.2, WoD deserves a lot more credit than most are willing to give.
    Easy fix, just disable pve trinkets in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post

Forget everything I said. Sub 4 set is crazy, there is now way it is going to take off 25 seconds from every eviscerate. My last Gruul kill I got off 37 eviscerates in 268s. 37 eviscerates would be effectively -925 seconds off Vanish, which is about 10 Vanishes worth. That plus my 5 shadow dances would have been pretty much almost 260 seconds of FW if done correctly, so almost 100% uptime on FW.

If that 4 set goes live like that, Sub will be a new experience for sure.

Edit: I guess I would also have to take into consideration how many eviscerates go off in to opening SD+SR before Vanish goes off. And there are 5 free eviscerates from the current set.
    Last edited by Skarzog; 2015-04-14 at 07:53 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    FYI: Boss 13 is Archimonde. Last boss in Hellfire Citadel.

4p sub seems very good. I'm going to miss the 2 set of t17 that I've gotten so accustomed to, but overall I couldn't be happier. What's not to love about more Vanish And FW?

I'm interested to see how strong mutilate is, seems very good in the execute phase.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Sub stat weights will be shifting quite a bit.

Four piece bonus increases the value of haste and decreases the value of multistrike.
    The mastery nerf obviously decreases the value of mastery.
    Backstab buff and sub trinket further decreases the value of mastery.