Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow 6.2 Mastery nerf.

Shadow

•Mastery: Mental Anguish has been reduced in effectiveness by 10%.(•Mastery: Mental Anguish Increases the damage of Mind Blast, Mind Spike, and Mind Flay by 25%. Priest - Shadow Spec. 22.5%. Priest - Shadow Spec.)

I am not sure how to go about this, first impression, 2.5% isn't that huge, but what you think?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1757742-6-2-Initial-Thoughts-amp-Discussion

Probably a more appropriate thread, for overall changes.

Considering that the spriest trinket is about mind flay increasing damage of any spell that starts with "mind", it makes sense.

Hesp was saying some shit on stream about the set bonus or trinket or something being a crazy single target DPS gain for those same spells, so the nerf isn't that bad.

Still doesn't make any sense to me. If the combination of mastery and bonus are too strong, nerf the bonus side of that equation before you release it, don't go nerfing all priests with or without that bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are clearly trying something where they make very powerful set bonuses (particularly for hybrids) and nerf the spec to balance it out. Rets got nerfed, also got amazing set bonuses. Elemental got nerfed, also got amazing set bonuses. Shadow got nerfed, probably something pretty good is coming as our set bonuses
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They are clearly trying something where they make very powerful set bonuses (particularly for hybrids) and nerf the spec to balance it out. Rets got nerfed, also got amazing set bonuses. Elemental got nerfed, also got amazing set bonuses. Shadow got nerfed, probably something pretty good is coming as our set bonuses
    I'm a big fan of the 1% haste buff when Prayer of Mending bounces that is in the immediate data mining.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this trinket everyone talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I hope the set bonuses are awesome.

-- Shadow Apperations now mirror the shadow priest's casting for 5 seconds before heading to the boss.

Imagine THIS! 10/10 idea for 4pc.

2pc

-- Devouring plague ticks now refresh shadow word: pain and vampiric touch.

These are along the lines of what I'm hoping for.
    Or we'll get something really boring like "Shadow Word: Pain deals 5% more damage while attacking Fel Orcs," and "Casting Devouring Plague increases your resistance to Shadow damage by 10."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    I'm a big fan of the 1% haste buff when Prayer of Mending bounces that is in the immediate data mining.
    Yes but you see, it doesn't list a duration - therefore it is permanent!

We can stand in some lava bouncing mending back and forth to our bodyguards to build it up - and then go fight the bosses with 10,000% haste, which will greatly benefit DoTs!

For me this only means they have no clue how to fix the classes that are suffering atm

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Yes but you see, it doesn't list a duration - therefore it is permanent!

We can stand in some lava bouncing mending back and forth to our bodyguards to build it up - and then go fight the bosses with 10,000% haste, which will greatly benefit DoTs!
    Yeah, but I read somewhere that you don't want over 20% haste cause it messes up your DoT weave. You're probably better off not getting the tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    what is this trinket everyone talking about?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124519/b...nket&bonus=567

mythic version you have +39.7% bonus on mind spells after 10 ticks of flay. Sucks for target swapping, amazing for single target dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Yeah, but I read somewhere that you don't want over 20% haste cause it messes up your DoT weave. You're probably better off not getting the tier set.
    Eww DoTweave, Yay Auspicious Spirits!

Hell, with 10,000% haste - maybe Void Entropy will finally be good!

VE will only ever be good if they buff the damage. ofc haste works as well but more base damage is what it needs

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Have the whole thing tick in like 7 seconds or something crazy haha
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the fact that I'll be AS fulltime in 6.2, should I even care about mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

mythic version you have +39.7% bonus on mind spells after 10 ticks of flay. Sucks for target swapping, amazing for single target dps.
    So until "boss 13", we're gonna suck some more. That is, IF we get that trinket. And of course, next patch same shit.
    Balancing around raid drops is retarded.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

Trinket is pretty useless for AS. Very little Mind Flay, and a pretty long MB CD.

For CoP - you'd no longer Mind Spike at all with the trinket. (Unless you go for ugly and occasionaly weave in a Mind Flay to keep the buff up for Mind Spike)

Aside of that the trinket is extremely punishing with target swaps (as it is a debuff), which doesn't make it better.

Mastery nerf: You should be playing AS anyway and ignore Mastery!
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2015-04-14 at 01:00 PM.

Thats super...that also reads as: "oh you dont have set or the uber trinket of the tier? go fuck yourself if you wanted to dps"

I thought they were trying to get AWAY from this kind of thing, not diving overboard on it

That... feels stupid tho. 'You're either gonna be really really good, or really really bad'. I'm not saying you're not right in that they wanted to do that, I'm just saying them wanting to do it is dumb.

Also, this is just the first PTR patch. No need to freak out over it.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-04-14 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    The reasoning I believe is to make it so they can add strong/interesting bonuses, without temporarily overtuning a spec. It allows them to adjust PvE DPS on the assumption that the set bonuses will be present, while nerfing hybrid PvP DPS (where they will not be present).

They are probably assuming that any PvE raiders will clear/farm normal and get the trinkets/tier bonuses that way before they begin heroic/mythic progression.