Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

All druid changes in 6.2

Here are all the druid changes, Yes i know they are on the front page. But it was more like starting a discussion here.

i'll add the tier set bonuses once they update on balance or in case some of them are wrong

General

Frenzied Regeneration now refunds a proportional amount of excess healing dealt back to the Druid as Rage.

Thrash now deals 10% more damage.

Balance

Mastery: Total Eclipse has reduced in effectiveness by 5%.

Feral

Rake now deals 10% more damage.
    Rip now deals 10% more damage.

Guardian

Bear Form now increases armor by 285% (up from 250%) for Guardian Druids.
    Healing Touch no longer cancels Bear Form for Guardian Druids.
    Savage Defense now also reduces physical damage taken by 25%.

Talents

Dream of Cenarius' effect can now be stored for up to 40 seconds (up from 20 seconds) for Guardian Druids.
    Force of Nature's summoned Treant now deals 100% more damage.

Glyphs

Glyph of Untamed Stars is now automatically learned at level 75.

Druid
    Item - Druid T18 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Increases your Omen of Clarity proc chance by 2% and increases your maximum Energy by 10.
    Item - Druid T18 Feral 4P Bonus (New) During Omen of Clarity, your next Cat Form ability generates 100% of its Energy cost when used.

Item - Druid T18 Guardian 2P Bonus (New) Increases your Omen of Clarity proc chance by 2% and increases your maximum Energy by 10.
    Item - Druid T18 Guardian 4P Bonus (New) Savage Defense also reduces the cost of Frenzied Regeneration and Tooth and Claw by 50%.
    (pretty sure guardians doesnt use energy, i'll update this once front page gets correct info)

Item - Druid T18 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Your Lifebloom has a 30% chance to bloom when it periodically heals.
    Item - Druid T18 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) You can Lifebloom two targets at once.

Boomies so op that they don't get tier (i'll update once they are added)

Spell Changes

Druid (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Sunfall You summon a flurry of solar bolts from the sky which strike targets afflicted by your Moonfire or Sunfire within 40 yards. Deals [ 29.2% of Spell Power ] Nature damage to up to 2 targets every 1 sec for 10 sec 5 sec for until cancelled. Max 3 charges. Charges shared with Starsurge. Shapeshifting into an animal form cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the Sunfall effect. Unlimited range. Instant.
    Thrash Strikes all enemy targets within 8 yards, dealing [ 1 + 42.4% 46.64% of AP ] bleed damage and an additional [ 5 + 30.2% 33.22% of AP ] damage over 15 sec. Requires Cat Form. Feral, Guardian. 50 Energy. 8 yd range. Instant.
    Thrash Strikes all enemy targets within 8 yards, dealing [ 1 + 14.6% 16.06% of AP ] bleed damage and an additional [ 8 + 9.94% 10.93% of AP ] damage over 16 sec. Each time Thrash deals damage, you gain 1 Rage. Requires Bear Form. Feral, Guardian. 8 yd range. Instant.

Balance
    Mastery: Total Eclipse Increases the maximum bonus damage from Eclipse by 16%. Druid - Balance Spec. 15.2%. Druid - Balance Spec.

Feral
    Rake Rake the target for [ 1 + 47% 51.7% of AP ] Bleed damage and an additional [ 5 + 47% 51.7% of AP ] Bleed damage over 15 sec. Awards 1 combo points. If used while stealthed, the target will be stunned for 4 sec. Requires Cat Form. Druid - Feral Spec. 35 Energy. Melee range. Instant.
    Rip (Balance, Guardian, Restoration) Damage increases per combo point: 1 point : [ 120% [ 132% of AP ] damage 2 points: [ 240% [ 264% of AP ] damage 3 points: [ 360% [ 396% of AP ] damage 4 points: [ 480% [ 528% of AP ] damage 5 points: [ 600% of AP ] damage [ 660% of AP ] damage
    Rip (Feral) Damage increases per combo point: 1 point : [ 150% [ 165.1% of AP ] damage 2 points: [ 300.1% [ 330.1% of AP ] damage 3 points: [ 450.1% [ 495.2% of AP ] damage 4 points: [ 600.2% [ 660.2% of AP ] damage 5 points: [ 750.2% of AP ] damage [ 825.3% of AP ] damage

^keep in mind when you get 2 numbers, 1st is old, 2nd is new.
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2015-04-14 at 01:15 PM.

Maybe silly but this is my favorite:
    Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    Healing Touch no longer cancels Bear Form for Guardian Druids.
    It has been aggravating to have the potential for a strong heal but worry that exercising it will leave you vulnerable in caster form if you missed the timer.

Guardian has been my primary spec since TBC. Personally my frustration with WoD bears is not our survivability, but with our inability to control the fight at large. Monk is the obvious target here. That statue and the ability to throw beer with abandon gives so much control over add pickup and location. Then you give them roll on such a short cooldown and it trumps stampeding roar in most (granted not all) situations. I'm less envious of DKs, but that pull is still mighty useful. Meanwhile I'm clicking like a mad man to solo target adds with glyphed ff and growl.

I'm pleased with the changes, but they don't add much utility. I suppose they may help to counter the (imho generally incorrect) attitudes that beartanks are too spiky compared to other tank classes.

Really not excited about the feral set bonuses.. Sounds like a lot of either wasting energy from getting a proc while pooling before a finisher, or not pooling energy anymore and just praying for procs so you don't waste them :/

Quote Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
    I'm pleased with the changes, but they don't add much utility. I suppose they may help to counter the (imho generally incorrect) attitudes that beartanks are too spiky compared to other tank classes.
    Viewing it from the overall changes, it looks like Blizz is trying to tone down on utility. While certain utility was forcing a lot of comp stacking *cough* aspect of the fox *cough*, for a mid-expansion patch it's usually wiser to remove abilities that may be excessive than add new ones unless absolutely necessary. We may even see more trimming, however Guardians likely won't see any utility additions/alterations until next expansion.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for staying in Bear Form as Guardian when using Displacer Beast!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

5% boomie nerf and we don't get tier bonus? ((

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroxk View Post
    5% boomie nerf and we don't get tier bonus? ((
    like any self respecting boomie will swap out their current set bonus, its just too good, nah, but seriously I expect the current 4p to be better for certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by rumbleweed View Post
    Maybe silly but this is my favorite:

It has been aggravating to have the potential for a strong heal but worry that exercising it will leave you vulnerable in caster form if you missed the timer.

Guardian has been my primary spec since TBC. Personally my frustration with WoD bears is not our survivability, but with our inability to control the fight at large. Monk is the obvious target here. That statue and the ability to throw beer with abandon gives so much control over add pickup and location. Then you give them roll on such a short cooldown and it trumps stampeding roar in most (granted not all) situations. I'm less envious of DKs, but that pull is still mighty useful. Meanwhile I'm clicking like a mad man to solo target adds with glyphed ff and growl.

if guardian has been your PRIMARY specc how the fuck did you not macro healing touch to not make you leave form roflmao. good player

Quote Originally Posted by Hugedong101 View Post
    Really not excited about the feral set bonuses.. Sounds like a lot of either wasting energy from getting a proc while pooling before a finisher, or not pooling energy anymore and just praying for procs so you don't waste them :/
    Agreed. I think that is what the 10 bonus max energy is for, but it won't even come close. I assume we will be thrashing on clearcast now even on ST, so there is going to be a lot of energy capping going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    if guardian has been your PRIMARY specc how the fuck did you not macro healing touch to not make you leave form roflmao. good player
    Maybe he likes to play the game rather than it be played for him. Eitherway not doing research in macros is low on the list for what makes someone a bad player. And to laugh and mock him for it? wtf is wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    Maybe he likes to play the game rather than it be played for him. Eitherway not doing research in macros is low on the list for what makes someone a bad player. And to laugh and mock him for it? wtf is wrong with you.
    Pretty much all this. You can take your elitism elsewhere.

Sunfall You summon a flurry of solar bolts from the sky which strike targets afflicted by your Moonfire or Sunfire within 40 yards. Deals [ 29.2% of Spell Power ] Nature damage to up to 2 targets every 1 sec for 10 sec 5 sec for until cancelled. Max 3 charges. Charges shared with Starsurge. Shapeshifting into an animal form cancels the effect. Any effect which causes you to lose control of your character will suppress the Sunfall effect. Unlimited range. Instant.

You forgot the changes to sunfall too, which seems very interesting. Means we can keep up sunfall on single and two target fights for the whole fight without having to worry about it.

Sunfall tooltip was buggy and is still buggy. It will continue to be just a solar Starfall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impzor View Post

You forgot the changes to sunfall too, which seems very interesting. Means we can keep up sunfall on single and two target fights for the whole fight without having to worry about it.
    sry i must have missed that adding it now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Sunfall tooltip is strange....
    Last edited by Stommped; 2015-04-14 at 03:05 PM.

It says it will last untill cancelled now though. Don't think that's how it works now, right?

Deleted
    It's just a tooltip bug, starfall has had the same "for until cancelled" in many previous ptr builds. It doesn't make any sense to have a sunfall that works like that (and if they wanted something like that you would see it in the patch notes).

Not a fan of the feral 4pc either..

Did feral need buffs? They seem to be pretty strong right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone64 View Post
    Did feral need buffs? They seem to be pretty strong right now.
    Kinda was my line of thinking. They are fairly strong in pvp (the burst is godly) and are no slouches in pve either.
    Why the buffs?

Why the Buffs? because Blizzard are retarded? Don't get me wrong - everyone likes buffs - but these are the wrong area's for Feral (also they may be getting in early as Feral doesn't really scale as well as other classes / specs)...

And the 2 piece / 4 piece looks like yet another bandaid for Feral AoE instead of just reducing the energy cost of Swipe (by 50%) they decide we can have tonnes of RNG energy. Zzzzz...