Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VRei View Post
    I always like to watch peasants fighting with each other over something unimportant.
    It's even more funny when one of them is fanatic with an "awesome idea" and/or a stubborn person.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew, it's a skygolem reskin. I dont normally take issue with reskins but that means it's gonna have that shitty Parkinson's shake that makes it look like it's barely held together. Never understood why Blizzard was so obsessed with making their models look like they're about to fall apart.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If you're just going to keep screaming "Appeal to tradition!" over and over without any real argument, then I can assume you're done. I didn't say anything about tradition, my explanation was about technical limitations and what Blizz would more than likely not do based on their past behavior, as well as how silly a fel reaver mount would look as a "suit" where it wasn't just a transmog.

Every mount uses either a standard mount pose, a chopper pose, or surfing. There hasn't been anything new regarding character mounted animation since the chopper. Even the sky golem cockpit is just one of the standard mount poses, and you disappear when the cockpit hatch closes.
    Actually you don't. My former troll hunter clipped through the hatch with the SOO set. My tauren hunter, even more so. But the pose is the same.

About the mount, it just... floats for no reason. The sky golem has the propellers, making it cool. This one just hovers around, looking really forced and making me think there's something missing(propellers, something like a jetpack...).

If you're just going to keep screaming "Appeal to tradition!" over and over without any real argument, then I can assume you're done. I didn't say anything about tradition, my explanation was about technical limitations and what Blizz would more than likely not do based on their past behavior, as well as how silly a fel reaver mount would look as a "suit" where it wasn't just a transmog.
    No, it is pretty much just appeal to tradition, and if you're gonna call me out for calling you out for that, then we're pretty much done here.

Every mount uses either a standard mount pose, a chopper pose, or surfing. There hasn't been anything new regarding character mounted animation since the chopper. Even the sky golem cockpit is just one of the standard mount poses, and you disappear when the cockpit hatch closes.
    Not really relevant. On another note, I wish they had made a new animation for the sky golem. It looks awkward to see your character grasp besides the handlebars. Now I'm lucky, because I don't play characters that really fit when it comes to using a Sky Golem, but still.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, as is Imnick. You do you, basically.

But don't get too defensive just because I don't take your appeals to tradition, and "It won't happen because it has never happened before!"s too serious as an actual case or an actual counterargument. If you want to assert some kind of proper point, you're free to do so, but "It hasn't happened before." isn't any such point, and the fact that the two of you fall back on it every time (well, more so Imnick, because you just joined) doesn't really seem to be any kind of indication of a genuine intellectual effort on both your parts.

And then you go so far as trying to attack me because I don't "toe the line" for that tradition-clinging crap and don't see it for more than what it is. That's even sillier.

I'm gonna try and get people to show their desire for a better looking mount and try to get it changed. If it doesn't happen, so be it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Appeal to fallacy, when your central argument revolves around (improperly) pointing out that the other person's argument is a fallacy without ever actually addressing their central point. The point isn't that it won't happen because it's never happened before, it won't happen because of numerous other reasons that have been pointed out. So if you can't be arsed to actually discuss the topic without committing an appeal to fallacy fallacy, then you are done.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm guessing people just refuse to learn the difference between reskin and remodels? I mean come on it's been 10 years, you should know these things by now. Sky Golem and this guy have literally nothing in common except the skeleton, therefore it's a remodel.
    Necessary picture as always in these types of situations.
    That picture needs to be a mouseover sticky that shows up anytime someone types 'reskin'.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That picture needs to be a mouseover sticky that shows up anytime someone types 'reskin'.
    Can we please have this?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i'm too late to type inb4 "RESKIN/REHASH/RECOLORED" whining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I'm guessing people just refuse to learn the difference between reskin and remodels? I mean come on it's been 10 years, you should know these things by now. Sky Golem and this guy have literally nothing in common except the skeleton, therefore it's a remodel.
    Necessary picture as always in these types of situations.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HCFdT.jpg[IMG]
    I'll be honest. I don't care. If my (or anyones) use of the word "reskin" instead of "remodel" makes your skin crawl then so be it. Let the hate fuel your derailing, offtopic responses into irrelevance. Meanwhile, the rest of us are going to discuss the disappointment that is a fel "reaver" mount that looks and moves nothing like a fel reaver and instead looks like a sky golem with a bad spraypaint job.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Reading Yarathir's posts in this thread is painful. Get a grip on reality, dude.

I think the mount looks awesome. Can't wait till we have it on farm like we did the juggernaut in mop. Unlike most people bitching in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RReds View Post
    Probably because this is just recolored sky golem?
    next people will whine about horse mount

Example, ghost horsem DK horse.....etc
    Last edited by greeeed; 2015-04-14 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Reading Yarathir's posts in this thread is painful. Get a grip on reality, dude.

I think the mount looks awesome. Can't wait till we have it on farm like we did the juggernaut in mop. Unlike most people bitching in this thread.

I will when people try passing their opinion off as fact.

In the meantime, you can try and get some grip on the concept of posting conduct.

Deleted
    looks inspiration-less and pale.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Lol of course people are already whining. It looks amazing get over yourself.
    Except... amazing is subjective. Unless they change the animations when it moves it's going to dire just like the Golem did. Not to mention how irritating Golem was, couldn't even jump out of water if you were grounded so you had to dismount and climb out usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, but I wish they had made it just a bit taller so that its upper and lower halves could be distinct like the Fel Reaver model it's based off of.

The way that the legs protrude out of its huge chest makes it look fat and a bit goofy, as opposed to the Fel Reaver which looks top-heavy and intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What denial.

Shredders or other humanoid robots were -never- mounts before the Sky Golem. And yes, people had been requesting it, just like people are requesting the Fel Reaver now. There were people like you going "They will never go that way. That makes no sense" back then as well.
    You do realize hes talking about mechanostriders... Right?

EDIT: oh, and technically the goblin shredder you could play as in classic AV too im guessing. But clearly it didnt put your character model in the cockpit like this does

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You do realize hes talking about mechanostriders... Right?

EDIT: oh, and technically the goblin shredder you could play as in classic AV too im guessing. But clearly it didnt put your character model in the cockpit like this does

Yeah, but I was talking more about humanoid robots. There have been a lot of robotic things, technically, before MoP. Shredders as a recurring player mount (excluding temporary stuff like the Goblin shredder) weren't mounts before that, afaik.

Also, getting back to this. To the people who said "human-sized Fel Reavers don't exist, so they would never exist - that's stupid."

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71020/pocket-reaver
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59597/pe...orld-destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    WHY IS NO ONE AS EXCITED FOR THIS AS I AM>???
    I am withholding excitement until it is confirmed or denied that it makes that noise like the Fel Reaver does.

That sound is a downright iconic part of the leveling experience back in BC. When you heard it, you hauled ass in whichever direction you hope it wasn't!
    ~RAWR!

It looks cool as hell. And I love the sky golem skeleton. I just find it hard to get excited for something I'm going to actually start being able to try for in like five years. My guild has had a rough time trying to double the raid size, to put it mildly.