Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I want to see the voidwalker now, my beloved and trusty cpt blue.
    But I already love the new models, felpuppy looks great, seriously. Look at its legs! It can bend its legs now! It has knees! Woohoo
    Wrathguard looks really goofy, though...

will the warlocks get all of these new models when 6.2 goes live or will they only be in Tanaan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    will the warlocks get all of these new models when 6.2 goes live or will they only be in Tanaan ?
    Copy+Pasted from the MMO-Champion front page:

"Patch 6.2 - Updated Demon Models
    Patch 6.2 finally updates many of the old demon models. Warlocks only use the new Doomguard model and the rest of their pets are still the old demon models."

^ but thats the current state on PTR

that can change later/on live

Im asking whether it will change

and if they wont get the new models apart from Doomguard - why not ?

Deleted
    Im asking whether it will change
    No one knows that bar blizzard.

and if they wont get the new models apart from Doomguard - why not ?
    Probably the same reason we have a blood elf garrison follower with green demon wings but that's apparently completely out of the question for actual players to have and apparently isn't even something blizzard consider a bug / something to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think warlocks need new demon models again when boomkin druid form requires much more updating.
    Hi

Deleted
    Well, now that they're there anyway, they might as well give us the new models.
    As much as I want a new boomkin model for the druid guys, I'd like to have some more polygons on that thing that's blocking my view in raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    I so wish these will get more use than just one raid tier and lock pets with new looks. Whole demon expansion would be so cool. TBC was the bees knees, another TBC would be much needed. And it should re-introduce flight once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i don't think warlocks need new demon models again when boomkin druid form requires much more updating.
    This is so true. Have they even mentioned why boomkins still look like from 2004?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

you got your cat and bear forms fixed, warlocks should get the new demons. moonkin should come last, since druid was the first models ever really fixed to be higher quality than most other things in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That felhunter model better be a joke, it is obviously the same as the D3 WD zombie dog, and nothing like any warcraft felhunter whatsoever.

Wrathguard looks odd, and no succubus?
    Also they all look so "squishy" or "marshmallowy".

But hey, i'm not playing anymore, so what do I care, right?

Deleted
    I remember how long it took to get the warlock pet models updated last time. How many years were people pointing out that warlock pets had stayed the same boring ones forever and why couldn't they just update them using the ones that Outland was rather handily full up with?

The voidwalker could use the voidlord, we suggested. How about the succubus using the six armed demoness with swords, we said

The only answer was a prolonged silence for years and years.

Then they announced "hey guys! We've got these great updated demons for you!"

And guess what?

No new demon models for locks except Doomguard, check the first page XD

Armory^

Deleted
    I don't think owlbeasts feature as prominent NPC's in the game that will make up the majority of what the players fight in 6.2 and are generally a mainstay of the games badguys.

Demon models are for far more than warlocks.

Deleted
    Except these demon models are already in the game as enemies now and require no extra work to give them to warlocks so why shouldn't they get them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vradar View Post
    Except these demon models are already in the game as enemies now and require no extra work to give them to warlocks so why shouldn't they get them?
    Exactly. You could even add a glyph for those whiny bitches who cannot move on.

Deleted
    Why they are different colors? Will we be able to choose a color?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Why they are different colors? Will we be able to choose a color?
    The models aren't being made for us, they're being made for the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems strange that they did the work for the new demons but Locks can only have one of the updates...I don't get it.

Really wanted that new fel hunter

Are they even new models? Some of them like the infernal and felhunter are obviously different. But the others like the doomguard and felguard appear to be only texture updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The models aren't being made for us, they're being made for the raid.
    Blizzard would be stupid if they created new demon models for the raid and left Warlocks with old outdated models. Especially since they promised to give us new updated models sometime soon. When did Druids get new forms? Compare that to us using outdated 2004 models, it's about time we got some love.

That would be a slap in the face. Teasing us and then saying "no, you can't have these".

And what work would it cost them? They're ready to be implemented. They would only have to create a few models more, like new Voidwalker and Succubus models.

But maybe we'll get them still, patch 6.2 isn't final yet. And perhaps we'll get them once they finish the rest to complete the list.