Page 1 of 2
LastLast

6.2 armor set deja vu.

I got some wicked deja vu on some of the datamined sets, is it just me? They seem similar to how the ICC dungeons used modified leveling gear as rewards.

Mind you, before it happens. I'm not saying the armors are bad. I actually quite like the these honor/lfr gears. More than the tier in many cases.

There's only so many ways you can design a hood/helmet/shoulderpads. After 10 years theres bound to be some similarities in one set to another.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    I like reused content such as mythic dungeons and the new weapons in HFC
    im cool pls respodn

How did you miss this one:

Considering the blue PvP/LFR cloth set is arguably better than the class-specific ones, I wouldn't dare complaining about it.

The priest sets noted by Dotcha are really the only ones that strike me as a little too similar, especially since Tier 16 was not that long ago. The comparisons in the OP are to me just incidental likenesses in shapes and textures, but not in overall aesthetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    There's only so many ways you can design a hood/helmet/shoulderpads. After 10 years theres bound to be some similarities in one set to another.
    This by no means makes it okay.

There's plenty of other options, as usual Blizzard just does the cheaper option. 6.2 is just that, reused, recycled and rehashed.

The priest sets I haven't really figured out as of late. They used to have some of the best ones out there ( or at least unique) and of late they have been pretty bleh. I also wouldn't mind a remake of some of the old sets, or heck just go back and redo the old models for transmog purposes.

Although the Druid mythic set reminds me way too much of the Shaman Tier 10.

The Lock set looks more like a DK set than the DK set does. So much so that I'm wondering if they don't have the sets swapped in the files ( especially when you look at the helm on the DK mythic which is traditionally a caster only type set up.)
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2015-04-14 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

There's plenty of other options, as usual Blizzard just does the cheaper option. 6.2 is just that, reused, recycled and rehashed.
    I'll take reused, recycled, rehashed, over some of the crap we've had in the past. Like the SoO tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    I'll take reused, recycled, rehashed, over some of the crap we've had in the past. Like the SoO tier.
    BRF is essentially SoO 2.0.

BRF is essentially SoO 2.0.
    We haven't seen the BRF tier yet. Only the PvP.

I'm all for hating on blizz and wow, but come on.

Take Death Knights for instance. It's a class based around the use of diseases, yes? So why not make a great concept of a disease ridden armor? All cracked, corrupted and filthy looking. Seems like the most obvious idea ever, yet we've seen zero sets based around that. There are so many ideas to pick and choose from but Blizzard, for whatever reason just doesn't. I think their art department needs fresh blood.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Sorry OP, not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    The priest sets noted by Dotcha are really the only ones that strike me as a little too similar, especially since Tier 16 was not that long ago. The comparisons in the OP are to me just incidental likenesses in shapes and textures, but not in overall aesthetic.
    Same. Doesn't help that the WoD PvP set is also winged and in a very similar color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

The warrior set reminds me a whole lot of the Battlegear of Wrath set - especially the shoulders.

Though, I don't mind if a set looks familiar. I like the new sets, but they don't blow me away, either.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Take Death Knights for instance. It's a class based around the use of diseases, yes? So why not make a great concept of a disease ridden armor? All cracked, corrupted and filthy looking. Seems like the most obvious idea ever, yet we've seen zero sets based around that. There are so many ideas to pick and choose from but Blizzard, for whatever reason just doesn't. I think their art department needs fresh blood.
    Yet their armor is

get this

Asian themed for this tier.

Why, I'll never know.

Yet their armor is

get this

Why, I'll never know.
    Asian? I see Maleficent.
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Yet their armor is

get this

Why, I'll never know.
    You're seriously calling this asian?

I mean yeah, it looks more like a warlock set, but its certainly not asian.

The only "Asian" I see in the DK set is the demonic head of the belt, which could look like some sort of depiction of a demon in ancient Asian cultures (such as Oni). But, it also looks very Abrahamic in depictions of demons/devils, which most fantasy/fantasy horror "demons" are inspired by.

3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

This just in!

Blizzard puts minimal effort into 6.2 everyone shocked!

Deleted
    You guys realize that the sets you are bashing are PvP Sets?