Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Mythic dungeons execution is so far awful, we've seen a grand total of one boss so your first point has no bases. The new zone is pretty good from what I've seen, no real complaints apart from needing the shipyard for it which takes so long that the 650 gear it drops is completely unless because you'll already have that on your alts (or is there another entrance to it that I missed without using the feather?). The ring imo sucks, I'd prefer it to be personal as it would give it more flexibility now it just feels like a mini blood lust. Then again even if it was personal it would have the same affect.

Timewalker dungeons sound cool, no complaints here but I hardly consider it a massive step forward. But ya it seems solid.

Over all the patch looks fine but it's to early to really tell. Nothing to get to excited as of yet. Also seeing as one of the zone should have been at launch(and the zone really feels that way when you play it) I can't get to hype about that particular point.

Also why do people think that criticism means we hate blizzard? Shit I love the company but they've made some big mistakes in WoD. The dailies were awful, the dungeons truly great design was wasted with awful tuning and the questing was a real one hit wonder It's got no replay value. The raiding is fine but BRF also suffers from some awful tuning and some fights that really over stay there welcome (2 10 minute + fights...)
    Last edited by ddsad2212; 2015-04-22 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    It looks like a good patch, probably half of the new features should already be in the game though I think people are getting really tired of the slow patch releases.

Its like yay we get a new zone.....then you stop and think yeah that should have been available at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    It looks like a good patch, probably half of the new features should already be in the game though I think people are getting really tired of the slow patch releases.

Its like yay we get a new zone.....then you stop and think yeah that should have been available at launch.
    This. /10char

I went over the PTR missions and I liked what I see

it seems to me that on a fresh alt I will only need just my ~3+ scavengers @ 615/630 for a few extra high haul 615/630 GR missions and thats it .. getting to 645/660 for HM/BRF caches wont be necessary, not even to 630 for the 645 gear missions .. all of that will be 100% obsolete in 6.2, your fresh alt will gear up in Tanaan + shipyard missions (BoA gear !) and then straight into mythic dungeons/raiding

although it seems like maybe even just purely Tanaan questing will put you @ 650/655+ which is probably enough for HFC LFR

also new ship missions that give stones and runes - faster catch-up

will require some shipyard grind, but Im ok with that

plus the awesome looking HFC, plus mythic 5-mans, plus at least some timewalking (as well as other events)

6.2 looks fine to me

Deleted
    I don't remember last time I was hyped about a patch, think it was the Wotlk for icc, when spriest finally got very much needed buffs... counted the days to that patch =)

The trailer for this should hype it up pretty well when it comes, along with the fansite interviews they'll be doing, but it's still too early for hype time

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally the only thing I'm looking forward to is Mythic 5 mans. Those should be amazing.

But...

+ Tanaan should have been in the game since November last year,.
    + Timewalking is absolute rubbish in its current state, and seeing as WoD didn't launch with a single new feature except Garrisons (if you want to call that a feature rather than a glorified quest hub), this should have been in since launch too. This is the equivalent of MoP launching without challenge modes, pet battles or scenarios, and having just one of those being watered down to oblivion and then patched in six months late. The other two are never seen or head of again.
    + Garrison shipyards aren't even worth mentioning as content. The fact I get another exit from my Garrison is more exciting than this. Clicking a UI isn't all that entertaining.

Someone above said too little too late, and I think that's about it. If this had come sooner than Juneish, if WoD had launched with more content to begin with, if 6.1 was an actual patch, if this wasn't our first patch with content since 5.4 in September 2013, they could launch this same stuff and I'd laud it as an awesome update.

That's not the case, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

People don't know what they want.
    "Blizzard, my class has too many buttons" -Okay, here's less buttons. "Blizzard, my class doesn't have enough buttons you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate flying" -Okay, no flying. "Blizzard, we want flying you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we don't want dailies" -Okay, no dailies. "Blizzard, we want dailies you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate having to do scenarios for valor" -Okay, no valor, no scenarios. "Blizzard, we want valor and scenarios you ruined the game."
    Classic example of blizzard always going too far, There were tons of dailys in MoP, but valor gear was gated behind them so they were mandatory for raiding. Instead of keeping dailys or maybe just a few atleast they remove them all together in WoD giving everyone who likes to earn reputations the middle finger and say here, take this vanilla grind mobs for 5 rep all the way to exalted bullshit.
    They could've kept dailys in for reputations for transmog and pets and mounts and then have the raid currency somewhere else but noo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I dont "hype" over anything from Blizzard.

The last time they really delivered was... Burning Crusade? Perhaps Wotlk too.
    Plus... they seem to lie right in our face alot. Which pains me to say btw, it really does.
    Yeah I'm in agreement here.

Honestly the only thing I got hyped for in the last like 6 years from Blizzard that actually delivered was Heroes of the Storm.

- - - Updated - - -

Also your opinion. Making them drop raid-level items completely destroys the core of PvE, which is raiding.

"Blizzard, my class has too many buttons" -Okay, here's less buttons. "Blizzard, my class doesn't have enough buttons you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate flying" -Okay, no flying. "Blizzard, we want flying you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we don't want dailies" -Okay, no dailies. "Blizzard, we want dailies you ruined the game."
    "Blizzard, we hate having to do scenarios for valor" -Okay, no valor, no scenarios. "Blizzard, we want valor and scenarios you ruined the game."
    No, it's Blizzard having no direction in World of Warcraft.

They keep radically changing the game from one end of the spectrum to another in an attempt to be the "Walmart" of games, catering to everyone. This is the path they chose and deserve to hear all of those critiques.

Also your opinion. Making them drop raid-level items completely destroys the core of PvE, which is raiding.

This may come as a surprise but "people" are not one collective hive mind. Some people prefer A, some people prefer B. It's up to Blizzard to present their own vision for how the game should be played and not sit as some lacklustre arbiter with no opinion of their own.

good raid: great. Blizzard do make good raids.
    mythic dungeons: cool. still, there are only about half as many dungeons as there usually are.
    timewalker dungeons: OK. yeah, pretty cool I guess.
    Timeless Isle-like content: don't understand the attraction. not really my thing. But each to their own.
    new PVP season: I don't PVP.
    trinket: essentially adds what the removed talent inspiration was. But less powerful.
    New mounts and battle pets: cool. always good. nice that some seem to be flying mounts. But no flying being added

I think you forgot the latest and greatest feature: we can now make followers (boats) and send them on missions. so yes, more garrison chores and garrison resources sink. yeah, that kind of deserves to be underhyped if info released is legit about them and what the point of shipyards are.

I am interested in the naval stuff and how everything concludes, but two factors hamper my excitement:

1. It's the last patch set in the part of the expansion cycle that has previously been reserved for the mid-expansion raid. This causes a sense of rush and lost potential. Unused assets include Farahlon, Shattrath, Sea of Zangar, and the ogre continent.
    2. While WoD's gameplay has been quite good so far... the story has been shit. When the story is shit, people lose interest. Disregarding what I whined about in the first point, I actually want WoD to hurry up and get it over with, so that Blizzard can pick up the pieces and have another attempt at good storytelling.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The reason its not getting any super hype traction is because people are starting to learn, its not what they show us, but how its implemented that matters.

Mythic 5 mans may be great, then again they could be way undertuned/overtuned either making them boring/not worth it.

The time walking thing is a good idea, but its implementation once again is a key. Already they are getting heavy flak because its only going to be every so often on certain weekends. Also if it basically turn into the same experience you get while leveling, the amount of people doing them for fun will not be that high long term.

New raid is a given. At this point it's not even something most people even look at because its always assumed the patch will have one.

New PvP season only matters if you PvP, and even if you PvP you may not even care because all it does is reset the numbers for a few weeks. As far as PvP content goes it will be completely unchanged.

Class changes are always there, just a matter of whether or not you hit the lottery in this cycle ( which is why most people these days run a main and a main alt in case they need to swap).

New zone, great, most of us know that will be burnt up in the matter of a week maybe two at best unless they add some form of gating mechanic too it.

More garrison stuff. I guess some people are happy about that, personally its just one more chore to do before I can get around to having fun. I do it for the gold, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't even bother, so for me it isn't something to get crazy excited over.

TLDR: Its all about execution. Get that right and it could be up there with some of the best patches they've done. Get it wrong and its just another meh content patch people burn through and sit on.